TrinityCore

connection patcher osx help needed

ravensnow

Hi all,

I have compiled on linux everything from trinitycore and worldserver launches.

However i am unable to patch with connection_patcher on linux my mac client. (and i cant compile on my mac , it is an old one and the gcc is outdated. osx 10.7 not allowed by apple to upgrade but wow runs still perfect with a newer gfx card).

Now the issue is i need a connection_patcher compiled on osx (hopefully it can launch on 10.7)  or the patched client.

Would anyone be so kind to email or make it somewhere available either the connection patcher or the patched client ?

It really would help so much. I got so close just need the client patched.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thank you all (pm m for email)

It won't matter since it hasn't been updated to the latest build yet. Once it is, I will be glad to send you a compiled binary...

Here is what I get when I tried to patch today:

swango:World of Warcraft swango$ ./connection_patcher --path=./World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft -e 20216
Creating patched binary...
Determined build number: 20216
Mac client...
patching Portal
Found offset 23207728
patching redirect RSA Modulus
Found offset 23422336
patching BNet
Found offset 2262849
patching Signature
EX: unable to find pattern
An error occurred. Press ENTER to continue...

-- Brian

Ahhh -- gotcha. @Aokromes

As to the OP, as I said, once it is fixed I will be glad to send you a compiled patcher, but in the meantime you may want to give: https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer a shot.

Do note:

"Do not install this if you already have Xcode installed! Mixing Xcode and osx-gcc-installer is known to cause various difficult-to-diagnose problems and is not recommended."

Unfortunately i have no old client.

@Aokromes unfortunately my mac (on 10.7) to old xcode offered cant install and so on (and it all compiled beautyfull on the linux server,map extraction went perfect also, just need the patcher/patched client ). i'll buy something new soon i promise.

@Brian , thank so much hope soon.

@carbenium hope you find it soon and thank you again for all the hard work. Though saw the issue is low-priority could it maybe get a bump ? Totally cant connect without, just asking. Kinda funny got a server but no client.

And totally not relevant but thought should mention it : the automatic sql updater is just fantastic.

Edited by ravensnow