TrinityCore

[Tool] Waypoint Creator - How to add Waypoints properly

Rush0r

How to add Waypoints to a creature:

Note: I'm just adding a copy paste tutorial without further information on the DB-Structure behind it, because i know, you will understand this soon enough.Example:
We want to add this Guy some waypoints
CTbvIWX.jpg

1.) Get the latest sniffer from http://community.trinitycore.org/topic/9849-trinity-cores-sniffer-for-wow-62020338/
2.) Log in on retail and start the attach_sniffer and follow the Creature until it has completed it's whole path. It's important, that you DO NOT RUN OUT of sight of this mob, else the path will look really creapy.
3.) Close the sniffer if the Path is completed one time
4.) You will see a .pkt - file in your wow directory now
5.) Download and compile https://github.com/TrinityCore/WowPacketParser
6.) Go to the Releasefolder after you finished compiling
7.) Copy the .pkt-file and move the file with drag-and-drop over the WowPacketParser.exe
Note: It's recommended to keep these settings <add key="DBEnabled" value="false" /> in WowPacketParser.exe.config
8.) Now you will see a .txt file in your releasefolder
9.) Download and compile https://github.com/Kittnz/WaypointCreator (Branch 6.x)
10.) Go to the release folder and open up the Waypoint Creator.exe
11.) Import the .txt-file

DV7DEpW.png
12.) Search for the entry in the searchfield (in this case entry: 74228)
13.) Result:

H6z1Mv9.png-

Rightclick on the table and hit: Create SQL
14.) In the SQL-Output you will now find:  XlTxauI.png

Use the command: .go 1923.215 -4636.423 33.2019 to see if you are on the right position
15.) Go ingame (Tc-Server) and choose a fitting creature which is near the path. In this case it's creature with GUID: 286504 - You always find the right guid if you select the creature and type: .npc info
16.) Replace the XXXXXX in SET @NPC := XXXXXX; with the GUID -> SET @NPC := 286504;
17.) Repeat this for all other Paths

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to make a missing path, but met with more than 1000 Waypoint. For a game server with online above 4000 people 1000 Waypoint suggest that may cause performance degradation. Missing the route I want to make a 3.3.5 a

Edited by Kodekc

It would be good to modify the program to remove duplicate motion points, I understand that he can calculate the path. The program is intended to help building routes, so you can run a manual command .wp add, you get less waypoint. Sorry for my English, I use translator

Edited by Kodekc

Actually no, the example you used has 4 npc's running behind eachother. You need to find the first npc for the correct path, it will have a lot less points. The 3 other npc's will use more points because they run in formation thus having more points then needed

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...