TrinityCore

Login to the server and always updates from 3.5.5 to 4.0

kin

Hi all.

I'm new here and just started to work with trinity. Server installed and works correctly for weeks already. I logged to the server successfully few weeks ago, but now it always starts to upgrade from 3.5.5 to 4.0 when I login with client (after I enter my credentials and hit "Login" button. What should I do, to stop that upgrade? Also at the initial screen it gives the notification that "the maintenance will take place on 9/1". It looks like I connect to the official server, not mine one. What could be the problem?

Thanks

Hi all.

I'm new here and just started to work with trinity. Server installed and works correctly for weeks already. I logged to the server successfully few weeks ago, but now it always starts to upgrade from 3.5.5 to 4.0 when I login with client (after I enter my credentials and hit "Login" button. What should I do, to stop that upgrade? Also at the initial screen it gives the notification that "the maintenance will take place on 9/1". It looks like I connect to the official server, not mine one. What could be the problem?

Thanks

​Probably, you wrongly opened Launcher.exe and it overwrote your realmlist.wtf. Don't do any upgrades, keep 3.3.5a client version. Check your realmlist.wtf file and set it to localhost.

Never use Launcher.exe, use always Wow.exe and do not enter the email address but use just the account name to login.

I do not have Launcher and I was using this client for many times. this is the only one account on the server for now, but I haven't logged to the server for a few weeks and now this trouble... And first thing I checked was Realmlist...​

Aokromes, sorry, what do you mean by telling "trying to login using one email"?

I do not have Launcher and I was using this client for many times. this is the only one account on the server for now, but I haven't logged to the server for a few weeks and now this trouble... And first thing I checked was Realmlist...​

Aokromes, sorry, what do you mean by telling "trying to login using one email"?

​when you access the game you have to type your username and your password, do not type the email address instead.

Is it possible to get rid of that message?
And also how can I avoid the situation when user enters email address instead of user name and automatically gets the updates from Blizzard? Isn't it possible to get some error message instead of update?

Untitled.png