TrinityCore

Compile or cmake problems

Joy

Hi folks

My english is not the best but i hope you'll understand it ;)

My Problem is that I compiled TrinityCore.sln in Visual Studio 2008. After finishing i looked into the folder but there wasn't any worldserver.exe just a worldserver.idb

What can I do?

I've installed everything as it's said in the HowTo

http://www.trinitycore.org/w/How-to:Win

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by c00x

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah think so but don't know where or what is the problem :(

here is an excerpt from the log:

8>------ Build started: Project: worldserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

18>Compiling...

18>worldPCH.cpp

18>Compiling...

18>WheatyExceptionReport.cpp

18>Master.cpp

18>Main.cpp

18>WorldRunnable.cpp

18>TCSoap.cpp

18>RASocket.cpp

18>RARunnable.cpp

18>CliRunnable.cpp

18>Compiling resources...

18>Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1

18>Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

18>Performing Pre-Link Event...

18>Linking...

18>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\game\Release\game.lib'

18>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Build\src\server\worldserver\worldserver.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"

18>worldserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

19>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

19>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration

========== Build: 15 succeeded, 3 failed, 1 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

You have tons of warnings on the extractors due to a outdated SDK.

Try uninstalling the outdated SDK and installing the updated one...

Note: I also think that someone here told to not use the professional version, but instead use the distributable version.

Note 2: Next time use pastbin.com to present your errors/logs.

Follow the wiki and download only the packages mentioned there.

Thanks for the help so far :)

The SDK is Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (as in the Wiki)

I'll try tu use Visual Studio 2010....or is there an easier or even better one?

Edit: got it! New SDK and the right git installation made it :) thanks for the help :)

Edited by c00x

* TrinityCore commithash : a2eb37b010d3+

* Build binaries in : Release mode

[ 97%] Built target pch_Generate_worldserver

Linking CXX executable worldserver

../game/libgame.a(BattlegroundMgr.cpp.o): In function `BattlegroundMgr::BuildPvpLogDataPacket(WorldPacket*, Battleground*)':

BattlegroundMgr.cpp:(.text+0x2fc5): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::GetArenaTeamById(unsigned int) const'

BattlegroundMgr.cpp:(.text+0x3031): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::GetArenaTeamById(unsigned int) const'

BattlegroundMgr.cpp:(.text+0x37e0): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::GetArenaTeamById(unsigned int) const'

AchievementMgr.cpp:(.text+0x7a9c): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::GetArenaTeamById(unsigned int) const'

../game/libgame.a(ArenaTeam.cpp.o): In function `ArenaTeam::Create(unsigned int, unsigned char, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, unsigned int, unsigned char, unsigned int, unsigned char, unsigned int)':

ArenaTeam.cpp:(.text+0x403f): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::GetArenaTeamByName(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const'

ArenaTeam.cpp:(.text+0x4079): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::GenerateArenaTeamId()'

../game/libgame.a(ArenaTeam.cpp.o): In function `ArenaTeam::Disband(WorldSession*)':

ArenaTeam.cpp:(.text+0x4a18): undefined reference to `ArenaTeamMgr::RemoveArenaTeam(unsigned int)'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: ** [src/server/worldserver/worldserver] Erro 1

make[1]: ** [src/server/worldserver/CMakeFiles/worldserver.dir/all] Erro 2

make: ** [all] Erro 2

Someone has the problem too?

I'm having some trouble getting the PCH build to work on an x64 Fedora 14 system (gcc 4.4.5). The non-PCH build works fine, but I'm starting to see several problems with later commits so I want to try to get the PCH system working.

Here's my error:

[ 11%] Generating sharedPCH.h

[ 11%] [ 11%] Built target worldserver_pch_dephelp

Generating sharedPCH.h.gch/shared_Release.gch

Scanning dependencies of target pch_Generate_collision

[ 11%] Generating collisionPCH.h

[ 11%] Generating collisionPCH.h.gch/collision_Release.gch

Linking CXX static library libgame_pch_dephelp.a

[ 11%] Built target game_pch_dephelp

Scanning dependencies of target pch_Generate_authserver

[ 11%] Generating authPCH.h

[ 11%] Generating authPCH.h.gch/authserver_Release.gch

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In function `_start':

(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'

make[2]: *** [src/server/collision/collisionPCH.h.gch/collision_Release.gch] Error 1

make[1]: *** [src/server/collision/CMakeFiles/pch_Generate_collision.dir/all] Error 2

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In function `_start':

make[2]: *** [src/server/shared/sharedPCH.h.gch/shared_Release.gch] Error 1

make[1]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/pch_Generate_shared.dir/all] Error 2

make[2]: *** [src/server/authserver/authPCH.h.gch/authserver_Release.gch] Error 1

make[1]: *** [src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/pch_Generate_authserver.dir/all] Error 2

Linking CXX static library libscripts_pch_dephelp.a

[ 11%] Built target scripts_pch_dephelp

make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions? Thanks

PS: Just reread this and I don't want the Devs to take exception. I appreciate all work they've done, and don't expect the commits to work on every compile. I'm even getting better at fixing the issues myself :) so the next step for me is figuring out why the PCH stuff doesn't work.

Edited by liszt

Hi,

I'm trying to compile trinity, but there is some errors.

Following is the information in detail.

==================================================

My OS : Ubuntu 10.04 (LTS), 64bit

Trinity Revision : commit 27c419a8fe8c234ccd2a8d078658e86c36d0a8fd

Author: Shauren <[email protected]>

Date: Sat May 7 22:40:02 2011 +0200

(sorry I dont know git well. above is the result of "git log")

Referenced Installation Document : http://www.trinitycore.org/w/How-to:Linux

Newly Installed softwares:

- ace-6.0.2, openssl-1.0.0d at /opt/ace-6.0.2, /opt/openssl by compiling

- other require softwares by ubuntu package manager

Error msg

[ 15%] [ 15%] [ 15%] Building CXX object src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o

Building CXX object src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Server/RealmSocket.cpp.o

Building CXX object src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Server/AuthSocket.cpp.o

Building CXX object src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Main.cpp.o

Linking CXX executable authserver

CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o: In function `RealmList::UpdateRealms(bool)':

RealmList.cpp:(.text+0xb56): undefined reference to `ACE_OS::mutex_trylock(pthread_mutex_t*)'

RealmList.cpp:(.text+0xb71): undefined reference to `ACE_OS::mutex_unlock(pthread_mutex_t*)'

CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o: In function `ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::ACE_Singleton()':

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexEC1Ev[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::ACE_Singleton()]+0x27): undefined reference to `ACE_Cleanup::~ACE_Cleanup()'

CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o: In function `ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::cleanup(void*)':

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE7cleanupEPv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::cleanup(void*)]+0x5): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::instance()'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE7cleanupEPv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::cleanup(void*)]+0x10): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::remove_at_exit_i(void*)'

CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o: In function `ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::~ACE_Singleton()':

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexED0Ev[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::~ACE_Singleton()]+0x1c): undefined reference to `ACE_Cleanup::~ACE_Cleanup()'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexED0Ev[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::~ACE_Singleton()]+0x36): undefined reference to `ACE_Cleanup::~ACE_Cleanup()'

CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o: In function `ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::~ACE_Singleton()':

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexED1Ev[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::~ACE_Singleton()]+0x2e): undefined reference to `ACE_Cleanup::~ACE_Cleanup()'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexED1Ev[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::~ACE_Singleton()]+0x21): undefined reference to `ACE_Cleanup::~ACE_Cleanup()'

CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/Realms/RealmList.cpp.o: In function `ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()':

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x41): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::starting_up()'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x79): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::shutting_down()'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x87): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::get_singleton_lock(ACE_Thread_Mutex*&)'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x9e): undefined reference to `ACE_OS::mutex_lock(pthread_mutex_t*)'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0xb5): undefined reference to `ACE_OS::mutex_unlock(pthread_mutex_t*)'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x109): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::instance()'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x117): undefined reference to `ace_cleanup_destroyer'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x122): undefined reference to `ACE_Object_Manager::at_exit_i(void*, void (*)(void*, void*), void*, char const*)'

RealmList.cpp:(.text._ZN13ACE_SingletonI3Log16ACE_Thread_MutexE8instanceEv[ACE_Singleton<Log, ACE_Thread_Mutex>::instance()]+0x142): undefined reference to `ACE_OS::mutex_unlock(pthread_mutex_t*)'

My configure

garam@fermi:build$ cmake ../ -DTOOLS=1 -DACE_LIBRARY=/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib -DACE_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/ace-6.0.2/include -DPREFIX=/opt/trinity -DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=/opt/openssl/lib -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/openssl/include

-- Detected 64-bit platform

-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory

-- UNIX: Using default library directory

-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target

-- UNIX: Created uninstall target

-- GCC: All warnings disabled

-- Found ACE library: /opt/ace-6.0.2/lib

-- Found ACE headers: /opt/ace-6.0.2/include

-- Using mysql-config: /usr/bin/mysql_config

-- Found MySQL library: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so

-- Found MySQL headers: /usr/include/mysql

-- Found Readline library: /usr/lib/libreadline.so

-- Include dir is: /usr/include

* TrinityCore commithash : Archive

* Build binaries in : Release mode

* Install core to : /opt/trinity

* Install libraries to : /opt/trinity/lib

* Install configs to : /opt/trinity/etc

* Build world/auth : Yes (default)

* Build with scripts : Yes (default)

* Build map/vmap tools : Yes

* Build core w/PCH : Yes (default)

* Build scripts w/PCH : Yes (default)

* Use SFMT for RNG : No (default)

* Show compile-warnings : No (default)

* Use coreside debug : No (default)

* Install SQL-files : No (default)

-- SCRIPT PREPARATIONS

-> Prepared: Spells

-> Prepared: Commands

-> Prepared: Examples

-> Prepared: Custom

-> Prepared: World

-> Prepared: Outdoor PVP Zones

-> Prepared: Eastern Kingdoms

-> Prepared: Kalimdor

-> Prepared: Outland

-> Prepared: Northrend

-- SCRIPT PREPARATION COMPLETE

-- Configuring done

WARNING: Target "shared" requests linking to directory "/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "authserver" requests linking to directory "/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "worldserver" requests linking to directory "/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

-- Generating done

-- Build files have been written to: /home/garam/tmp/Wow/TrinityCore/build

I attached the whole screen log as a text file. please look at that file.

-- Configuring done

WARNING: Target "shared" requests linking to directory "/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "authserver" requests linking to directory "/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

WARNING: Target "worldserver" requests linking to directory "/opt/ace-6.0.2/lib". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

Its problem with ACE 6.0.2 I think. I use ACE 6.0.1 and I havent any warning or problems with compile. Try to install ACE 6.0.1.

• Upvote 1

-- Configuring done

I'm working fine with 6.0.1 too! Try that.

Thanks for the comments.

But after down-grade it to ACE-6.0.1, the same WARNINGs and ERRORs had been occurred.

Is it possible that the CMake version is related to above Warnings and Errors?? Mine is 2.8.0

garam@fermi:build$ cmake --version

cmake version 2.8.0

Edited by garam

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic