Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to keep your databases, a lot.

Are you serious? I had a Hell of a time upgrading my MySQL DB on Linux. On my Windows box, I did it in 3 steps, no data loss.

no, i am a complete retard when it comes to this stuff

Well Murk425, since a developer isn't willing to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

The best thing to do is backup the DB first. Upgrading it on Windows is pretty straight forward, just be sure to use the same password and root user, if you change it during the upgrade process you will have problems.

Windows

1. Backup your DB first.

2. Shutdown MySQL service (if running)

3. Upgrade your Windows MySQL

4. Import the data (SQLs) back in.

Note:

For any Linux users out there struggling, I created a Repo because of the nightmare I had to go through... that will get any version of MySQL you have to 5.5+ using Remi.

Same basic steps by backing up the DB, upgrade, than "source"ing the data back in. PM me if you need assistance, its a very long tutorial.

OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
ACE-6.2.0 comile from port FreeBSD 9.1
Lates git TrinityCore

# cmake ../ -DPREFIX=/home/wow/server  -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++49 -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc49

-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.9.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.9.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc49
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc49 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/g++49
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/g++49 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detected 64-bit platform
-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory
-- UNIX: Using default library directory
-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target
-- UNIX: Created uninstall target
-- UNIX: Detected compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc49
-- GCC: SFMT enabled, SSE2 flags forced
-- Found ACE library: /usr/local/lib/libACE.so
-- Found ACE headers: /usr/local/include
-- Found OpenSSL library: /usr/local/lib/libssl.so;/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so
-- Found OpenSSL headers: /usr/local/include
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE  
-- Using mysql-config: /usr/local/bin/mysql_config
-- Found MySQL library: /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so
-- Found MySQL headers: /usr/local/include/mysql
-- Found Readline library: /usr/lib/libreadline.so
-- Include dir is: /usr/include
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/libz.so (found version "1.2.7") 
-- Found BZip2: /usr/lib/libbz2.so (found version "1.0.6") 
-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib/libbz2.so
-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib/libbz2.so - found
-- Found git binary : /usr/local/bin/git

* TrinityCore revision   : 1501e958767a+ 2013-08-31 00:03:35 +0200 (master branch)
* TrinityCore buildtype  : Release

* Install core to        : /home/wow/server
* Install libraries to   : /home/wow/server/lib
* Install configs to     : /home/wow/server/etc

* Build world/auth       : Yes (default)
* Build with scripts     : Yes (default)
* Build map/vmap tools   : No  (default)
* Build core w/PCH       : Yes (default)
* Build scripts w/PCH    : Yes (default)
* Show compile-warnings  : No  (default)
* Use coreside debug     : No  (default)
* Use GIT revision hash  : Yes

-- SCRIPT PREPARATIONS
  -> Prepared: Spells
  -> Prepared: Commands
  -> Prepared: Examples
  -> Prepared: Custom
  -> Prepared: World
  -> Prepared: Outdoor PVP Zones
  -> Prepared: Eastern Kingdoms
  -> Prepared: Kalimdor
  -> Prepared: Outland
  -> Prepared: Northrend
  -> Prepared: Events
  -> Prepared: Pet
-- SCRIPT PREPARATION COMPLETE

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /root/TrinityCore/build

# make

Scanning dependencies of target shared
[  7%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Configuration/Config.cpp.o
[  7%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/ARC4.cpp.o
[  7%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/HMACSHA1.cpp.o
[  7%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/SHA1.cpp.o
[  7%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/OpenSSLCrypto.cpp.o
/root/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/Cryptography/OpenSSLCrypto.cpp: In function 'void threadIdCallback(CRYPTO_THREADID*)':
/root/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/Cryptography/OpenSSLCrypto.cpp:36:54: error: invalid conversion from 'ACE_thread_t {aka pthread*}' to 'long unsigned int' [-fpermissive]
     CRYPTO_THREADID_set_numeric(id, ACE_Thread::self());
                                                      ^
In file included from /root/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/Cryptography/OpenSSLCrypto.cpp:19:0:
/usr/local/include/openssl/crypto.h:435:6: note: initializing argument 2 of 'void CRYPTO_THREADID_set_numeric(CRYPTO_THREADID*, long unsigned int)'
 void CRYPTO_THREADID_set_numeric(CRYPTO_THREADID *id, unsigned long val);
      ^
*** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/OpenSSLCrypto.cpp.o] Error code 1

Stop in /root/TrinityCore/build.
*** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/all] Error code 1

*** [all] Error code 1

An issue is enough-

--- Canned message start ---
It appears the issue in the original post was solved, so this thread shall be closed.
Should you encounter any other difficulties, please open a new thread.
--- Canned message end ---

it's funny because you haven't been doing this long enough to realize that he either used a very old repack before, and continued to use the mysql that came with it when he decided to try a newer repack or self compile, or, what I meant was, like a repack user, he didn't properly follow the guide, or he would have known not to use an old mysql.

it's funny because you haven't been doing this long enough to realize that he either used a very old repack before, and continued to use the mysql that came with it when he decided to try a newer repack or self compile, or, what I meant was, like a repack user, he didn't properly follow the guide, or he would have known not to use an old mysql.

Doing this long enough..?? doing what long enough? helping retards with retarded questions? ha-ha, that's a good one, I've been helping people since 2011 @ ac gay and trust me , most of the people there ask the same kind of questions just like this one, even worse.

He could've just installed a low version of MySQL, you could be right, I could be aswell.

Let's stick to the facts here. OP is oblivious on how to proceed in order to get his server working because he either a) doesn't understand a word of English and could not understand the error message in the console even if his life depended on it, or b.) is too ignorant or uninitiating to consult MySQL package instructions or google for upgrade directions. These possible causes may have deeper rooted issues such as clinical retardism, lazy parenting or, indeed, sir was an avid repack user in the past. Please convince me why the fuck we should judge and not deal with the facts at face value - ignorance is bliss. This is a learning project after all, and we should not deprive one of the chance of learning because of his alledged past. If you feel the need to bash someone, fine. But base your conclusions on facts for which you have probable cause, and keep your witchhunt theories to yourself. 

Paradox has been here since TC was founded.

You know what's been here even before that? Cancer. I guess we should defend and worship cancer too.

Paradox, you need to stop getting your panties up in a bunch. They're soaking wet from menstrual blood and they're leaving a rotten stench within the community.

• Upvote 3

Let's stick to the facts here. OP is oblivious on how to proceed in order to get his server working because he either a) doesn't understand a word of English and could not understand the error message in the console even if his life depended on it, or b.) is too ignorant or uninitiating to consult MySQL package instructions or google for upgrade directions. These possible causes may have deeper rooted issues such as clinical retardism, lazy parenting or, indeed, sir was an avid repack user in the past. Please convince me why the fuck we should judge and not deal with the facts at face value - ignorance is bliss. This is a learning project after all, and we should not deprive one of the chance of learning because of his alledged past. If you feel the need to bash someone, fine. But base your conclusions on facts for which you have probable cause, and keep your witchhunt theories to yourself. 

You know what's been here even before that? Cancer. I guess we should defend and worship cancer too.

Paradox, you need to stop getting your panties up in a bunch. They're soaking wet from menstrual blood and they're leaving a rotten stench within the community.

sadly the best post in this topic

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic