Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need help with :
If you are using one linux with system wide openssl 0.9.8 instalation you need to update to openssl 1.0.0 or install openssl 1.0.0 into your home directory and set cmake to that path with:

-DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES
-DOPENSSL_SSL_LIBRARIES
-DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR
-DOPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARIES
-DOpenSSL_ROOT_DIR

I need help with :

If you are using one linux with system wide openssl 0.9.8 instalation you need to update to openssl 1.0.0 or install openssl 1.0.0 into your home directory and set cmake to that path with:

-DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES

-DOPENSSL_SSL_LIBRARIES

-DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR

-DOPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARIES

-DOpenSSL_ROOT_DIR

Little confused are you stating what to do? or asking for help?

Bcuz that is the wrong way to do it.

Also, if you have a problem loading openssl on Ubuntu, google it. It's like 4 steps.

Good day,

my problem has the very same symptoms as these two persons described "case 1" and "case 2" but I can assure you that I'm not using any repack, I downloaded your master_branch using GIT. We have empty consoles, I'm sure that config is correctly set (I did it many times in my life already), servers are not creating even logs.

I have checked your FAQ and did the compilation with help of your wiki. My server computer used to run TC releases regularly about 1,5 years ago when I was compiling new and new versions like every week. From that time I had all the needed programs so I realized I will have to update.

I updated all the programs with help of your wiki via method full uninstal of old versions, restart and clean instal of the new ones (because I know what old rogue libraries can be capable of).

With CMake we are getting message that we can find something in cmake error log but when I look into it, there is like 0 warnings 0 errors, everything just succes. We have tried to compile with visual 2008, 2010 and even 2013 in 32 and 64bits, release and debug, always with the same result.

We run on Win7 x64, mysql, apache and everything up-to-date because we are providing other server/hosting services that require these things always up-to-date. 

I expect it to be some stupid mistake that we missed something quite obvious, but after several days of trying, I'm trying it here that maybe you can tell me what can cause such symptoms.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide where to look or what have we missed.

Edited by Civic

If you mean like configs for authserver and worldserver then I used the new ones that come with revision. The only thing I changed in them was connection into DB just to be sure that I'm not creating unnecessary mistakes via configs. Or do you mean any other configs ?

Ok, so i just got a new Computer and i try to Compile Trinity and then this happens

17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: The command "setlocal
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: "C:Program Files (x86)CMake 2.8bincmake.exe" -DBUILD_TYPE=Debug -P cmake_install.cmake
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :cmEnd
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: endlocal & call :cmErrorLevel %errorlevel% & goto :cmDone
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :cmErrorLevel
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: exit /b %1
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :cmDone
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :VCEnd
17>C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.

Anyone Got a Clue What this means and how to fix it?

Hello, I'm trying to compile. I've followed How_to_Win section carefully but stuck again and again at the same point, I've tried deleting everything clean using revo and redownload all components again but no prevail yet. Feeling very frustated. Please give me direction what to do, I got this error messages when configuring with Cmake :

The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1

The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10

Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- broken

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):
The C compiler "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: D:/BUILD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319MSBuild.exe
cmTryCompileExec1940773719.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug
/p:VisualStudioVersion=10.0

Microsoft ® Build Engine version 4.0.30319.18408

[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.18408]

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 11/28/2013 11:47:18 AM.

Project "D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec1940773719.vcxproj"
on node 1 (default targets).

PrepareForBuild:

Creating directory "cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebug".

Creating directory "D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebug".

InitializeBuildStatus:

Creating "cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec1940773719.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

ClCompile:

C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinCL.exe /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebug" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugvc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c

Microsoft ® 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 16.00.30319.01 for 80x86

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebug" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugvc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c

testCCompiler.c

ManifestResourceCompile:

C:Program FilesMicrosoft SDKsWindowsv7.0Abinrc.exe /nologo /fo"cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec1940773719.exe.embed.manifest.res" cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec1940773719_manifest.rc

Link:

C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinlink.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:"D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebugcmTryCompileExec1940773719.exe" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec1940773719.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"D:/BUILD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec1940773719.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"D:/BUILD/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec1940773719.lib" /MACHINE:X86 cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec1940773719.exe.embed.manifest.res

cmTryCompileExec1940773719.dirDebugtestCCompiler.obj /machine:X86 /debug

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid
or corrupt
[D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec1940773719.vcxproj]

Done Building Project
"D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec1940773719.vcxproj" (default
targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec1940773719.vcxproj" (default
target) (1) ->

(Link target) ->

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [D:BUILDCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec1940773719.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)

1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.88

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:12 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "D:/BUILD/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "D:/BUILD/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

I found this thread, he had more or less same problem with mine.

Thanks for the link Paradox, I really appreciate it. I'am very green, it took me some effort to understand and digest. Please bear with me.

Next time I will do better, for now I will accept my punishment

So from the link and the link inside the link there are two possible solution:

1. Uninstall .net 4.5 and replace it with .net 4.0

2. disable incremental linking (I totally can't understand it)

I will try solution one first and report it.

Problem above solved, thank ye.

Now I encounter error in this step : Right-click ALL_BUILD in the Solution Explorer on the left sidebar and select Clean.

The result is an error message : ms. VC express has stopped working

Problem details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: vcexpress.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 10.0.30319.1
  Problem Signature 03: 4ba1faa9
  Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.10.0
  Problem Signature 05: 10.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 4ba1e1f5
  Problem Signature 07: 50b
  Problem Signature 08: 4b
  Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidCastException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID: 1033

I've tried google, no solution yet, maybe I am not using correct keywords. Please lend me a hand again.
edit: I have a severe headache, sleepless last two nights trying to figure out how to set up the trinity, I must prevail.
Edited by dutamulia

Hello,

i am trying to install the trinity core on an ubuntu 12.04 x86 server and i am getting the following error on each time i try to compile it.

[ 35%] Building CXX object src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/authPCH.cpp.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so', needed by `src/server/authserver/authserver'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [src/server/authserver/CMakeFiles/authserver.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have searched for a solution on google but the only one i fund was to "make clean" and to remake.

What i have done
Installed Packages:
build-essential autoconf libtool gcc g++ make cmake git-core patch wget links zip unzip unrar
openssl libssl-dev percona-mysql-server56 percona-mysql-client56 libmysqlclient-dev libmysql++-dev libreadline6-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libncurses5-dev
libace-dev
And the libSSL package was a part of openssl.

Everything else i have done like in the tutorial here.
My cmake is "cmake $HOME/TrinityCore -DPREFIX=/wowsvr/core  -DWITH_WARNINGS=1"

I have also checked if the file really exists in /usr/lib and it "does". There is a symbolik link with this name.

How can i solve this problem? What is important to me, that i use Percona MySQL 5.6, because i want to run the server on my public server and there is this MySQL kind of server running, so it's really really difficult to me to replace it, there are many other processes using it. A nice way would be, if i don't need to compile any other things except the core, but this is not really important.
Edited by Pyrdacor

I've tried google, no solution yet, maybe I am not using correct keywords. Please lend me a hand again.

edit: I have a severe headache, sleepless last two nights trying to figure out how to set up the trinity, I must prevail.

Signature errors usually mean, re-installing. Your VC executables are crashing

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7301455d-e567-4468-aa0a-2dbaef532d9b/error-installing-vc-or-vc-express-editions

...and Paradox is right, this really isn't a TC problem.

I have tried reinstalling VC express, but upon installing mySQL I met this problem (i googled it, he had the exact same problem with me)

I might have missed this error before and just continued on and I guess this is the root of my problem.

I don't really want to download 2GB of full Visual Studio from piratebay, it will take some while for me finish the download. Any idea?

I know this is not on trinity scope but who knows you happen to know the solution. 

Edited by dutamulia

Hey guys,

I was previously using a Trinity repack and now am in the process of compiling a Trinity Server for the first time... on a mac.

I have managed to get around most of the issues such as deprecated tempnam and so forth.

I am now however at an impass.

I'm following the How to for Mac on Mavericks, with the mavericks releases of ACE, CMake, Mysql, git and so on.

I have updated the mavericks Openssl to 1.0.1e through terminal and macports as this appears to be the issue.

However, when I try to compile it using the "xcode solution", the following errors occur:

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:200 (list):
  list GET given empty list
  CMakeLists.txt:56 (find_package)

-- Found OpenSSL headers: /usr/include
CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:188 (file):
  file STRINGS file "/usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h" cannot be read.
  CMakeLists.txt:56 (find_package)

(Repeated several times on different lines, then:)

CMake Error at cmake/macros/EnsureVersion.cmake:76 (MATH):
  math cannot parse the expression: "..*10000 + ..*100 + 0": syntax error,
  unexpected exp_TIMES, expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBER (3)

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:223 (message):
  TrinityCore needs OpenSSL version 1.0.0 but found version ..

From what I can tell, the FindOpenSSL.cmake file is part of the issue. I have clean installed cmake twice now, both in macports and throught the .pkg options, with the same issue. Further to that, it doesn't appear to see any of the openssl files, which I just did a repair install of the OS on just incase.

When I version check openssl in terminal, it confirms the correct version is there, but when you do the lib scan, it will only show the 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 dylibs there, ignoring 1.0.

I realise this may be a rather noobish set of errors, but I figured that at least you guys can point me in the right direction.

Gotta love apples openssl /sigh.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, that would be great hahaha >.<

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic