Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So ive been following the guide provided (http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Win) and just finished everything and when i try to run worldserver.exe i get

The ordinal 4333 could not be located in the dynamic link library.

I tried to google this problem and I found someone elses post about the same problem, I tried what they said which was moving the release folder out of the bin folder, and also tried recompliling.

I'm running windows 8.1, downloaded all the programs from the list provided in the guide and should be the correct ones.

I'm not to great with these things so help would be much appretiated, also sorry in advance if this is a simple problem and I'm missing something obvious.

I like the "Im not advertising or anything". Good show old chap.. good show...

They may say that it's 95%, but what does that even mean?

You do know that you are an idiot and fell prey to those false advertising gimmicks, "Hey we have more  stuff working than the other guys, come join us!"

If you truly believe that they have a "95%" (still don't know what that means). Then go ask them for their source, why are you here?

the 95% thingy is my own estimation based on my own experience playing there. After a year or so i havent found a bugged quest so far and all the bosses are scripted Blizzlike (all the released bosses). :)

I dont really care how they did to fix it all. I was just surprised to see the development of trinity's 4.3.4 branch is so far behind. :)

Dude, what's so funny?

Is that so hard to believe ? Is is hard to understand the fact that some people took a TrinityCore version at some point and made it way better than the "official devs" ?

It's one thing to work on an antique project (wotlk branch) and a kinda newer one (cata 4.3.4) at the same time and a completely different thing to work exclusivelly for cata 4.3.4. It's quite normal to progress more working on a single project than 2 different projects at the same time.

If you dont believe me, u can always ask me by PM to give you their server details and start playing there for a while and test things yourself.

If after a while of testing, it turns out that im not right, hell, i will specifically ask to be banned from this site/community. :D

Edited by mingdynasty

mingdynasty, why are you getting so worked up, regardless if anyone believes you or not?

What do you propose this community to do? If people take from what trinitycore has worked for and never gives back, then what do you expect?

Yet, people still come here... (including you)

Themeron,

Did you just finish compiling a new core? If not, did you install any patches recently? Ordinals are an extension of natural numbers, and are commonly found in patches.

Ya, I just finished compiling a new core I'm doing everything from scratch for the first time. No patches just followed the front page guide.

Is it possible I messed something up while compiling even though I got no errors?

At the very least, you need to recompile in debug mode, and see if you can get a proper crashlog, that would help us figure out what the problem is, but, I'm guessing you have a 32 bit/64 bit mismatch in some dependency.

When I run debug I get;

------------------------------------------------------------------------

These projects are out of date:

ZERO_CHECK - Release Win32
    revision.h - Release Win32
    ALL_BUILD - Release Win32

Would you like to build them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hit yes then and get;

Unable to start program 'C:buildReleaseALL_BUILD'.

The system cannot find the file specified

I vote you missed this part:

copy libmySQL.dll from C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.xlib

copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from C:OpenSSL-Win32bin

Actually had wrong ones in there, took them from wamp by accident lol. Replaced them with right ones Still getting the same Error when debugging.

Going to play around for a bit and try to figure it out.

Edited by Themeron

For what it's worth, ordinal 4333 corresponds to the following function:

i2d_PKCS7_bio_stream

in libeay32.dll version 1.0.0.2 through 1.0.1.7.

Note: You should be using at least 1.0.1.7 which was patched to address the Heartbleed bug.

Hmm.. well that sucks :huh:

What's the reason for the change? If you don't mind my asking. Was there something that forced it?

And another question if you can answer it, What is the last update/patch/date that will compile on XP?

The world is going x64+

Eventually even U.S. ATM machines will have to go with a newer OS very very soon. Yes.. thats right, its sad but true. There are countless ATM machines that still have XP.

Ya I know all that, but there are a lot of companies that see the, I guess I'll call it "Resistance", to update & are going to support XP for the foreseable future. Trinity has been pretty slow on upgading to higher versions of some of the programs (MySQL comes to mind) So I thought I was safe for a while. Oh well, such is life :P Thanks for the help guys :)

I guess I'll call it "Resistance", to update & are going to support XP for the foreseable future.

I could also go back to the stone age while the rest of the world evolves, but even my evolved brain is telling me that isn't a bright idea.

I have installed visual studio v2010 and my PC is 64bit. when i click configure and i chose "visual studio 10" it gives me this error : 

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):
  The C compiler "c:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
  10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: E:/cata server/TrinityCore-4.3.4-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:c:PROGRA~2MICROS~1.0Common7IDEdevenv.com
  CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec4047307882

Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.30319.1.

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp.  All rights reserved.

1>------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec4047307882, Configuration:
  Debug Win32 ------

1>Build started 5/17/2014 12:50:33 PM.

1>PrepareForBuild:

1> Creating directory "E:cata
  serverTrinityCore-4.3.4-masterbuildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebug".

1>InitializeBuildStatus:

1> Creating
  "cmTryCompileExec4047307882.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec4047307882.unsuccessfulbuild"
  because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

1>ClCompile:

1> Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 16.00.30319.01
  for 80x86

1> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

1> 

1> cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D
  "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise
  /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec4047307882.dirDebug"
  /Fd"E:/cata
  server/TrinityCore-4.3.4-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec4047307882.pdb"
  /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:prompt testCCompiler.c

1> 

1> testCCompiler.c

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file
  invalid or corrupt

1>

1>Build FAILED.

1>

1>Time Elapsed 00:00:02.03

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
  ==========

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:12 (project)

and it has this text on name and value : 

"name : CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX                                                        value : C:/Program Files (x86)/TrinityCore"

what should i do? :((

Edited by Aokromes

You need Visual Studio 2013, and new glasses.

my Cmake doesnt have visual studio 13

do you mean older trinity scripts can work with visual studio 2010?

on videos that i saw for compile 4.3.4 they used older version for visual studio

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic