TrinityCore

Compile or cmake problems

Joy

2 hours ago, Dormammu said:

Should I be concerned? Will that screw up any building in VS after pulling latest? Thanks.

Not really an issue for the game. just an issue with git on windows trying to find your linux vm or tools. git extensions uses linux basic commands to operate on a windows environment.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dormammu said:

For the record - I used everything perfectly 3 or 4 times before this popped up out of the blue. Obviously SOMETHING changed, but whereabouts/How do I go about fixing it?

Did you try clicking repair and fixing that exact item? Try going to your windows control pane -> programs and features -> click git extensions and see if there is an add button.  don't uninstall it, just see about an option to add the basic linux commands to your windows. The (sh) error is the shell script. It may be installed, just that git extensions can't find it.

Personally I recommend going full Linux, then you wont have that issue :P

• Upvote 1

Tried re-compiling again, Wotlk with Visual studio 14 2015 win64 and Legion with Visual studio 15 2017 win64. Used relwithdebinfo for both, did clean and tried building after. I'm getting the errors attached. First two are for Wotlk and rest for Legion. I've also attached the items that have been created after the compile finished.

Wotlk: http://prntscr.com/esi5j6

Legion: http://prntscr.com/esi5o8

I don't know if they are legit errors or if I should ignore them, any help is appreciated.

CMakeOutput.log

CMakeError.log

CMakeOutput.log

CMakeError.log

C:\Users\Giannis\Desktop\Wotlk Core\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CheckIncludeFile.c(1): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Giannis\Desktop\Wotlk Core\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTC_a3a7f.vcxproj]

Done Building Project "C:\Users\Giannis\Desktop\Wotlk Core\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTC_a3a7f.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

C:\Users\Giannis\Desktop\Legion Core\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\CheckIncludeFile.c(1): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Giannis\Desktop\Legion Core\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTC_fa89a.vcxproj]

Done Building Project "C:\Users\Giannis\Desktop\Legion Core\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTC_fa89a.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Apparently those are the errors I get on both cores.

please can someone help me  i try compile  a 3.3.5 server but i get thes error 

CMake Error at cmake/compiler/msvc/settings.cmake:7 (message):
MSVC: TrinityCore requires version 19.0 (MSVC 2015) to build but found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
cmake/platform/win/settings.cmake:4 (include)
cmake/macros/CheckPlatform.cmake:11 (include)
CMakeLists.txt:58 (include)

the thing is i have instaled all  that needs to be instaled for a compile Please if someone can help me Thes is my skype Blyzzar.florin

now i got thes 

The C compiler identification is unknown

The CXX compiler identification is unknown

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (project):
No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (project):
No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Hey I just have a quick question about dynamic linking. I've been fiddling with the guide to try and get it to work and I'm just not sure what is meant specifically by this part:

To run the system without errors you need to run the worldserver outside of your build directory.

Use the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to install TrinityCore to your preferred install location when using the hotswap system.

1. Set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to a location in your filesystem (not C:/ on windows since it's write protected in most cases).
  2. Use the cmake INSTALL project target in Visual Studio (or `make install on unix`), to install TrinityCore to the location specified by CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX .
  3. Start the worldserver from the location specified by the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Starting the worldserver inside your build directory may work but this method is unsupported!

Does this mean I should move all the files in the Release folder somewhere else or what specifically?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Ok so i know on boost_root i can fix it  frome variables but the openssl idk how to fix it i got thes error 

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindBoost.cmake:1185 (message):
Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.57.0

Boost include path: C:/local/boost_1_57_0

Detected version of Boost is too old. Requested version was 1.59 (or
newer).
dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:44 (find_package)

Performing Test boost_filesystem_copy_links_without_NO_SCOPED_ENUM

Performing Test boost_filesystem_copy_links_without_NO_SCOPED_ENUM - Failed

Looking for open

Looking for open - found

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137 (message):
Could NOT find OpenSSL (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR)
C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:377 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:179 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
dep/openssl/CMakeLists.txt:16 (find_package)

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes pinned this topic