TrinityCore

Compile or cmake problems

Joy

If you build the server to C:/TrinityCoreBuild, you cannot launch the binaries from C:/TrinityCoreBuild/bin/Release/worldserver.exe

You can either copy the contents of the Release directory somewhere else OR, as explained, use the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to put the files in the correct place automatically (once you compile the INSTALL project in Visual Studio or run "make install" on Linux).

• Upvote 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with the server files. I do not know much English, so maybe I'll write weird.
I tried to compile version 4.3.4, but some files were not generated, among them missing authserver.exe, worldserver.exe and mmap_extractor.exe.
I thought it would be a problem with that version, but I downloaded and compiled the 3.3.5 that appears in the guide and did not generate any of the files mentioned, nor did the extraction files.
I think the problem may be from cmake, when generating the files the following message appears:
"WARNING: Target "common" requests linking to directory "C:/local/boost_1_59_0/libs/system". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item."

This warning appears repeatedly when cmake goes through several directories, among them, those responsible for generating the mentioned files.

I had to manually specify a path for cmake to find the boost libraries it was telling me, but I think the path I've specified is not correct. The libraries that cmake can not find automatically are:

Boost_DIR-NOTFOUND
Boost_FILESYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
Boost_FILESYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
Boost_IOSTREAMS_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
Boost_IOSTREAMS_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
Boost_THREAD_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
Boost_THREAD_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND

I left the error indicating that cmake did not find those libraries so I indicated the path C: \ local \ boost_1_59_0 \ libs and in that folder I looked for the ones cmake said to me, but obviously it is not that, because cmake did not find them.

Sin título.png

I think that's the reason I do not have those files, does anyone know how I can fix it?
To clarify, the "tools" field is marked in the configuration.

Okay I installed boost version 1.63, I solved the problem of the libraries in cmake, I do not see any error or warning, cmake found the libraries automatically (I put it now in c: / boost_1_63_0).

The problem now is when I finish compiling with visual studio 2017, it sends the following message:

========== Compilar: 22 correctos, 3 incorrectos, 0 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========

I checked if I had the files and only generated them:

2.png

Then looking for the errors in the output of visual studio, I found 2 that refer to the missing files.

1.png

3.png

1 hour ago, Aokromes said:

you mixed 32 and 64 bits mysql libraries.

The problem was that I installed appserv and xampp in 32-bit version, so they generated conflict with visual studio. I just uninstalled them and re-installed mysql community server, with that the problem has been solved. Now I was able to get all the files and the compilation did not give me any error. Thanks Aokromes, you are my hero!

Sin título4.png

Edited by kmilo93sd

Kmilo93sd are you using a different version of trinitycore for a different language or what because I don't even have the option to change the directory for cmake to locate the directory for boost, which I will try 63 since my other computer doesn't see it and I can't set the path to the libraries for boost because I don't get the option to unless there is a command in cmake I can do which I think there is I just need to look it up, thanks for the post it helps with my problem too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, codeman8214 said:

Kmilo93sd are you using a different version of trinitycore for a different language or what because I don't even have the option to change the directory for cmake to locate the directory for boost, which I will try 63 since my other computer doesn't see it and I can't set the path to the libraries for boost because I don't get the option to unless there is a command in cmake I can do which I think there is I just need to look it up, thanks for the post it helps with my problem too.

Hi, I do not understand much english, I do not know if I understand correctly what you want. Do you need to manually set the boost path in cmake? In that case, you must have the "advanced" box active, it's up, beside the add button

Edited by kmilo93sd
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys, when I try to build the solution for Legion using Visual Studio Community 2017 I get the following errors:

TC error.PNG

I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit, and both the CMake and Build configurations were set to x64. I'm not sure if it's of any use but when I went to check the file for the first two errors an additional error showed up:

TC error2.PNG

The line causing the 3 errors in the mysql_com.h file is 'my_socket fd;'.

6 minutes ago, j8a2b0e7 said:

It is the latest version.  Tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Also switched the project's architecture in Visual Studio

I don't see boost in your cmake output. Did you skip a step?

1. Add an environment variable to "System" variables named "BOOST_ROOT" pointing to your Boost installation directory, e.g "C:/local/boost_1_60_0".
      (Make sure that it does not have a trailing slash. If you still get problems, add the same variable in the "USER" variables section too, like shown in the image below.)

boost_envs.PNG?version=1&modificationDat
    2. Notice that this image shows the version number 1.59.0 - use your actual version number in your settings.

1. Restart CMake if it was already running

Help Please

inux min 18.1
Boost 1.64
GNU 5.4.0
OpenSSL 1.0.2g
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.18, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper
cmake version 3.5.1
gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609
ZLIB: version 1.2.8

installed clang and Afl-clang.

7.2 master

When i cmake i get no errors other than pthread shows 4 lines before found.but finishes no errors. when i do the make it goes to 23% and fails with line after line of this type of stuff.

/home/trinity/TrinityCore/src/server/game/Server/Packets/QueryPackets.h:235:43: error: declaration of ‘TaggedPosition<Position::XYZ> WorldPackets::Query::CorpseLocation::Position’ [-fpermissive]

I am not enough of a programmer to find the fault. probably have the wrong version of something. Any directions for a struggling newb?

CMakeError.log

Edited by new-b-e
add more info

**Description:**

When I try compile with CMake then I got this error.

----------------------------

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindBoost.cmake:1193 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.64.0

Boost include path: D:/boost_1_64_0

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_system
          boost_filesystem
          boost_thread
          boost_program_options
          boost_iostreams

No Boost libraries were found.  You may need to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the
  directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT to the location of
  Boost.  If you still have problems search on forum for TCE00020.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

I Installed boost 1.64.0 and add it to the systemvariables

See here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk0xbv870ku3wfo/systemvariables.jpg?dl

**Branch(es):**

master

**TC hash/commit**:

5b754ee08c433302531bbbb66aabf898d594dc1b

**TDB version**: 

newest

**Operating system**:  

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

1 hour ago, ChiefMcClane said:

**Description:**

When I try compile with CMake then I got this error.

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindBoost.cmake:1193 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Boost version: 1.64.0

Boost include path: D:/boost_1_64_0

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_system
          boost_filesystem
          boost_thread
          boost_program_options
          boost_iostreams

No Boost libraries were found.  You may need to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the
  directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT to the location of
  Boost.  If you still have problems search on forum for TCE00020.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  dep/boost/CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

I Installed boost 1.64.0 and add it to the systemvariables

See here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk0xbv870ku3wfo/systemvariables.jpg?dl

**Branch(es):**

master

**TC hash/commit**:

5b754ee08c433302531bbbb66aabf898d594dc1b

**TDB version**: 

newest

**Operating system**:  

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems