TrinityCore

Compile or cmake problems

Joy

4 hours ago, AlexandroBrako said:

Please helpme, when compile ashamane project i have this error, what is the reason?

24>Creature.cpp
24>D:\Ashamane\AshamaneCore\src\server\game\Entities\Object\Object.h(218): warning C4018: '>=': signed/unsigned mismatch (compiling source file D:\Ashamane\AshamaneCore\src\server\game\Entities\Conversation\Conversation.cpp)
24>D:\Ashamane\AshamaneCore\src\server\game\Entities\Conversation\Conversation.cpp(163): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'const T *Object::GetDynamicStructuredValue<ConversationDynamicFieldActor>(uint16,uint16) const' being compiled
24>        with
24>        [
24>            T=ConversationDynamicFieldActor
24>        ]
24>C:\local\boost_1_68_0\boost/bind/placeholders.hpp(54): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::arg<9>' being compiled (compiling source file D:\Ashamane\AshamaneCore\src\server\game\Entities\Conversation\Conversation.cpp)
24>C:\local\boost_1_68_0\boost/bind/placeholders.hpp(47): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::arg<2>' being compiled (compiling source file D:\Ashamane\AshamaneCore\src\server\game\Entities\Conversation\Conversation.cpp)

this is trinitycore forum, not AshamaneCore forum. P.S. warning aint error.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I get this error on debian and I can't set it up, but it works properly on windows. Any suggestions ?

Determining if the pthread_create exist failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_e7e5b/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o -c /home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_e7e5b
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o -o cmTC_e7e5b -rdynamic
CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o: In function `main':
/home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.cfrown.gif.text+0x19): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
CMakeFiles/cmTC_e7e5b.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target 'cmTC_e7e5b' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTC_e7e5b] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_e7e5b/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTC_e7e5b/fast] Error 2

File /home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c:
/* */
#include <pthread.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
(void)argv;
#ifndef pthread_create
return ((int*)(&pthread_create))[argc];
#else
(void)argc;
return 0;
#endif
}

Determining if the function pthread_create exists in the pthreads failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTC_4eede/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
/usr/bin/cc -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -c /usr/share/cmake-3.7/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c
Linking C executable cmTC_4eede
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/cc -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=pthread_create CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o -o cmTC_4eede -rdynamic -lpthreads
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
CMakeFiles/cmTC_4eede.dir/build.make:97: recipe for target 'cmTC_4eede' failed
make[1]: *** [cmTC_4eede] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/test/testwow335/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_4eede/fast' failed
make: *** [cmTC_4eede/fast] Error 2

8 hours ago, levani4321 said:

Hello, I get this error on debian and I can't set it up, but it works properly on windows. Any suggestions ?

You might want to check this out:

https://community.trinitycore.org/topic/13962-trouble-with-your-trinity-install-starting-login-readme-1st-faqs/?tab=comments#comment-47706

"undefined reference to `pthread_create' "

4 hours ago, levani4321 said:

plz someone help me

Did you enter these commands, like the post said?

declare -x CFLAGS="-m64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O1 -g3 -ggdb3 -pipe -msse3 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-strict-aliasing -frename-registers -rdynamic -fno-fast-math -lpthread"

declare -x CXXFLAGS="-m64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O1 -g3 -ggdb3 -pipe -msse3 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-strict-aliasing -frename-registers -rdynamic -fno-fast-math -lpthread"

cmake ../ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/your/installation/path

If that doesn't compile, try deleting your build directory, then make it again and run your cmake commands in the new one. Ideally you should be using Debian stable on bare metal, not any version of Debian running under windows.

Your openssl might be an issue, but I remember running 1.1, the last time I compiled on Debian, without any problems. If you want to be sure, download the older library ( https://packages.debian.org/jessie/openssl ), unpack it into your source directory, and use the following cmake parameters to point to it:

-DOPENSSL_LIBRARIES=<path to OpenSSL library>

-DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=<path to OpenSSL includes>

• 1 month later...

I am just wondering if it is possible to have 2 versions of OpenSSL and Boost running at the same time.  I have an older version of TC and would like to keep it, but I also would like to have a clean TC to tip. This would mean running Boost_1_60_0 and Boost_1_66_0 and the same type of thing with OpenSSL.

Is it possible to change the name of Boost for example to Boost1_1_66_0 and have that work?

• 3 weeks later...

-- Detected 64-bit platform
-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory
-- UNIX: Using default library directory
-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target
-- UNIX: Created uninstall target
-- UNIX: Detected compiler: /usr/bin/cc
CMake Error at cmake/compiler/gcc/settings.cmake:9 (message):
  GCC: TrinityCore requires version 6.3.0 to build but found 6.0.0
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/platform/unix/settings.cmake:29 (include)
  cmake/macros/CheckPlatform.cmake:13 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:61 (include)

getting this response when starting to compile. why is it telling me my Trinity isn't up to date when I downloaded it today?

33 minutes ago, NoirPhoenix said:

-- Detected 64-bit platform
-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory
-- UNIX: Using default library directory
-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target
-- UNIX: Created uninstall target
-- UNIX: Detected compiler: /usr/bin/cc
CMake Error at cmake/compiler/gcc/settings.cmake:9 (message):
  GCC: TrinityCore requires version 6.3.0 to build but found 6.0.0
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/platform/unix/settings.cmake:29 (include)
  cmake/macros/CheckPlatform.cmake:13 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:61 (include)

getting this response when starting to compile. why is it telling me my Trinity isn't up to date when I downloaded it today?

i told you 2 times already, with this 3, you need GCC 6.3.0. you have GCC 6.0.0 ask to who installed you GCC to install CLANG for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, okay I'm new, so sorry in advance for my inexperience.  I'm trying to build 3.3.5.  It all seems to go beautifully until I open the project in Xcode.  Thats when I don't seem to be able to get a clean archive.  (I hope I'm using the right words)

I get ... oh heck, I'll just add the screenshot:

I hope this screenshot makes sense to somebody.  I'm really excited to build and run TC 3.3.5 on my Mac and try our hand at family gaming night.

If there is more info needed after this I will happily submit what I can or know how to.

Thanks.

Oh sorry, I should add... 

I'm running High Sierra, and I've been following the instructions on this site.  I've successfully installed all the tools, with no errors I can notice, and it seems to go beautifully until I begin this Xcode part.  The build [xcodebuild -config Release -target install] says ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 1.49.21 PM.png

Edited by Aescleal

Maybe I've come to the end of the possibilities for a Mac build?  I don't know what more to do.  I've wiped the $TRINITY folder and repeated the steps over and over now.  Same results.  I did find I hasn't set 'Install' properly in Xcode, but turns out it didn't help anyway, just more errors/issues.  So the files created mapextractor, etc... don't seem to work.  When I copy them to the client folder all I get are failed to find this and that folder.. I manually created those folders, but still no dice. <sigh>.

I had such high hopes this would work.  The instructions look so clear and straight forward.  I just can't go forward without hitting walls I can't climb.  :(

If anybody can help me out I'd be grateful

Hi, could something on both my Macs be messed up?  I've tried the Homebrew compile method and get the same thing still.  I compared the errors and they look the same to me.

I'm a bit turned about / confused.  I deleted my tc-server folder and everything in it.  I installed mysql-5.7.24.  And I started everything over again with exact commands; to make sure I copy&paste them into terminal.  The only thing that gives me concern is the warning in the below screenshot.

What do you think?  Is there a way for me to be able to compile TC properly?  Do you think I have to make changes to my computer?  Maybe I'm missing something else or have a version problem that is preventing things?

2015 iMac, 8GB Memory, macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

I let Homebrew do the installs, except I also manually installed mysql-5.7.24.

- could there be a mysql conflict still with version 8?  How do I uninstall mysql 8?  Can you even do that?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 8.05.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 8.01.01 PM.png

Ran into this yesterday after doing a 'git pull orgin 3.3.5' on Debian 'STRETCH' x64.

[  0%] Built target Detour
[  1%] Built target Recast
[  2%] Built target fmt
[  6%] Built target g3dlib
[  6%] Built target gsoap
[  9%] Built target jemalloc
[  9%] Built target revision_data.h
Scanning dependencies of target common
[  9%] Building CXX object src/common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/GitRevision.cpp.o
[ 10%] Linking CXX static library libcommon.a
[ 14%] Built target common
[ 16%] Built target database
Scanning dependencies of target shared
[ 16%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/enuminfo_SharedDefines.cpp.o
[ 16%] Linking CXX static library libshared.a
[ 17%] Built target shared
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../dep/smart_enum/smart_enum.hpp', needed by 'src/server/game/cotire/game_CXX_prefix.hxx.pch'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1197: recipe for target 'src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 17%] Linking CXX executable authserver
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../dep/smart_enum/smart_enum.hpp', needed by 'src/server/scripts/cotire/scripts_CXX_prefix.hxx.pch'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1417: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all] Error 2
[ 18%] Built target authserver
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

It happened yesterday and this morning after pulling again.

Code error or me screwing up?

17 hours ago, Billy said:

Ran into this yesterday after doing a 'git pull orgin 3.3.5' on Debian 'STRETCH' x64.

[  0%] Built target Detour
[  1%] Built target Recast
[  2%] Built target fmt
[  6%] Built target g3dlib
[  6%] Built target gsoap
[  9%] Built target jemalloc
[  9%] Built target revision_data.h
Scanning dependencies of target common
[  9%] Building CXX object src/common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/GitRevision.cpp.o
[ 10%] Linking CXX static library libcommon.a
[ 14%] Built target common
[ 16%] Built target database
Scanning dependencies of target shared
[ 16%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/enuminfo_SharedDefines.cpp.o
[ 16%] Linking CXX static library libshared.a
[ 17%] Built target shared
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../dep/smart_enum/smart_enum.hpp', needed by 'src/server/game/cotire/game_CXX_prefix.hxx.pch'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1197: recipe for target 'src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 17%] Linking CXX executable authserver
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../dep/smart_enum/smart_enum.hpp', needed by 'src/server/scripts/cotire/scripts_CXX_prefix.hxx.pch'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1417: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all] Error 2
[ 18%] Built target authserver
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

It happened yesterday and this morning after pulling again.

Code error or me screwing up?

delete build directory and re-run cmake again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've a probleme. Two days ago, I make a build and a installation of the core of TrinityCore without probleme, but my VPS doesn't have enought space on hdd. I migrated to a higher, now when I make a build, my VPS crash at 100% by 

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses

I use a Debian 9 with 4vCore, 8Go Memory and 50Go Stockage.

Pik0fr

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes pinned this topic