TrinityCore

2 hours ago, basketballkid said:

I compiled the core succefully and when i configured in cmake i get these errors

How were you able to compile the core successfully if you are having issues with cmake?

Anyhow, read the error. It's says it can't find Mysql libs.. which means you dont have mysql installed or need to re-install mysql server/client on windows.
Read the steps, line by line https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/10977329/Windows+Core+Installation

Hey everyone,

after the last commits I am unable to compile the server.
I am using Debian stretch x64.

Everything was fine and now I get this:

[ 41%] Built target ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 41%] Built target generate_ScriptPCH.cpp
make[2]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Ziel „../src/server/scripts/EasternKingdoms/zone_burning_steppes.cpp“,
  benötigt von „src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/EasternKingdoms/zone_burning_steppes.cpp.o“, zu erstellen.  Schluss.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1667: die Regel für Ziel „src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all] Fehler 2
Makefile:127: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

So it says no rule but I haven't changed anything, I just pulled the latest commits.

Elygor77

25>  Building Custom Rule C:/TrinityCore/Legion/src/server/worldserver/CMakeLists.txt
25>  CMake does not need to re-run because C:\TrinityCore\Legion\build\src\server\worldserver\CMakeFiles\generate.stamp is up-to-date.
25>  worldPCH.cpp
25>  Main.cpp
25>  CliRunnable.cpp
25>  RASession.cpp
25>  TCSoap.cpp
25>  WheatyExceptionReport.cpp
25>  ServiceWin32.cpp

Stay on ServiceWin32.cpp , is that a bug from the core or from myself? :unsure: (under windows 10)

Running Trinity WoW 3.3.5 server for a while.

Last compile failed. (with jemalloc 4.0.4 update),

What am I missing?

Branch:  2017-11-20 14:25:45 +0100 (3.3.5 branch)

Centos 6.9 with devtoolset-6 (64bit)

cmake version 3.6.2

[ 17%] Linking CXX executable authserver
[ 17%] Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/AI/CreatureAI.cpp.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/AI/CreatureAIRegistry.cpp.o
../../../dep/jemalloc/libjemalloc.a(jemalloc.c.o): In function `malloc_conf_init':
/home/wow335/TrinityCore/dep/jemalloc/src/jemalloc.c:919: undefined reference to `secure_getenv'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Edited by Ornasus

1 hour ago, codeman8214 said:

Ubuntu is what your missing lol all joking aside a reference error try and recompile again with updated repo

Looks like I found the issue

secure_getenv requires glibc 2.17  (whereas CentOS 6 has 2.12)

Hello, i uing CentOS 7.

I clean installing and get an two error:

[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/Ray.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/preprocessor/list/fold_left.hpp:41:0,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/preprocessor/control/while.hpp:21,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/preprocessor/arithmetic/add.hpp:20,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessor/def_params_tail.hpp:66,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/mpl/aux_/na_spec.hpp:28,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/mpl/if.hpp:19,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/constrained_value.hpp:16,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/gregorian/greg_weekday.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/gregorian/greg_calendar.hpp:14,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/gregorian/gregorian_types.hpp:19,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time_config.hpp:18,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time_system.hpp:13,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/ptime.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/date_time/posix_time/posix_time_types.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/time_traits.hpp:23,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/deadline_timer_service.hpp:27,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/basic_socket_streambuf.hpp:24,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/basic_socket_iostream.hpp:24,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ip/tcp.hpp:20,
                 from /home/GameServer/WOW/LitchKing/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/PrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH.h:24,
                 from /home/GameServer/WOW/LitchKing/TrinityCore/src/server/shared/PrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH.cpp:18:
/usr/local/include/boost/preprocessor/list/detail/fold_left.hpp:19:44: ошибка: /usr/local/include/boost/preprocessor/list/adt.hpp: Ошибка ввода/вывода
 # include <boost/preprocessor/list/adt.hpp>
                                            ^
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/RegistryUtil.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/Sphere.cpp.o
make[2]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/sharedPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH.cpp.o] Ошибка 1
make[1]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/sharedPCH.cpp_dephelp.dir/all] Ошибка 2
make[1]: *** Ожидание завершения заданий...
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/stringutils.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/System.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/TextInput.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/TextOutput.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/Triangle.cpp.o
[  9%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/uint128.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/UprightFrame.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/Vector2.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/Vector3.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/Vector4.cpp.o
[ 10%] Linking CXX static library libg3dlib.a
[ 10%] Built target g3dlib
make: *** [all] Ошибка 2

It seems that jemalloc has been upgraded. I couldn't get it to work with ubuntu 16, the contributor got it working with ubuntu 17. I am not sure if this is a requirement change or a temporary gap. This link details the issue (skip to the bottom, rather than the changes themselves)

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/commit/92cd9bd70db460fdce4af0596cf9d8ee3c3abad5

What exactly is different between 16 and 17? is it an updated gcc? updated cmake? I want this to still work with debian 8, since I am in no mood to update all my websites to php7 at this time. Working on it slowly, but I don't really have time for that...

ATM we are using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for the mySQL Server (and a lot of other serving software) but still Windows for Trinity Core.

As 16.04 is a LTS version it will stay for many years. I'm also interested why there would be a need to update a LTS version to some other non LTS version. IMHO for me it even doesn't make sense to update to next LTS 18.04 because it will be a brandnew version mostly less supported by companies, providers and community in the beginning.

50 minutes ago, Magnuss said:

ATM we are using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for the mySQL Server (and a lot of other serving software) but still Windows for Trinity Core.

As 16.04 is a LTS version it will stay for many years. I'm also interested why there would be a need to update a LTS version to some other non LTS version. IMHO for me it even doesn't make sense to update to next LTS 18.04 because it will be a brandnew version mostly less supported by companies, providers and community in the beginning.

Because we don't want to wait years to get people updated to have new c++ features :)

GUjxvS8.png

I know this part of the wiki. To tell the truth, exactly that's the point why we are using Windows.

1 hour ago, Aokromes said:

Because we don't want to wait years to get people updated to have new c++ features

But 'we' means here 'some people' while some other people may prefers a more professional approach where stability goes over the wish to have always the latest gimmicks. (The term professional doesn't means in this case commercial.) Security patches, updates, testing, support, widely used release, hardware compatibility are some of the reasons to choose LTS.

The funny fact is that Blizzard make it's own WotLK server software 10 years ago. And it was working. And I'm quite sure 2007 was no need for Ubuntu 17.x, wasn't it?

Here are some nice words to LTS:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/16366/whats-the-difference-between-a-long-term-support-release-and-a-normal-release?noredirect=1&lq=1

In addition to support, there are Development strategies that differentiate an LTS release:

• The base of the operating system, Debian, comes in three versions: Stable, Testing and Unstable. Normally, Ubuntu is based on Unstable; the LTS releases are based on Testing. Starting with 14.04 LTS, all new releases will be based on Debian Unstable.

• The Development effort for an LTS release in focused on providing a rock solid base, not only for customers who want the LTS release, but also for the next three Ubuntu versions to come.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

Furthermore, we define the LTS to be:

• Enterprise Focused: We are targeting server and multiple desktop installations, where the average user is moderately risk averse.

• Compatible with New Hardware: We will make point releases throughout the development cycle to provide functional support for new server and desktop hardware.

• More Tested: We will shorten the development window and extend the Beta cycle to allow for more testing and bug fixing