TrinityCore

Scriping Quest right way?

Jade

Hey I wonder if someone could explain to me in details how it should work the quest of events type that must fully run for all players.

My question exactly is as follows:

example: quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29414/the-way-of-the-tushui

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8z85KWsjUk

If 2 separate players take the quest let say 30 s apart then the 1 player go to the cave and the event start , so when the 2 player get to the cave what should happen?:

Option 1 -The 2 player is phased to a separate phase so that each player is in a different phase.

Option 2 -The 2 player see the 1 player and hes event dont start until the 1 player event finish?

finally this is my dilemma i need to know how is the right way for this type of quest to work.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

I was looking for something very similar other than the "linked list" questid in the database. We really need a nice tutorial page or pages on quest development among many things, otherwise, we waste tons of time reinventing the wheel manually scraping the data out ourselves trying to understand code conditions relating to database data. Lots of man hours wasted there. The wiki on database fields looks to be fairly outdated, I'm sorry to say, atm.

• 3 weeks later...

It's like some of the devs have said- they do this in their free time and mostly just work on what is interesting for them.

Writing documentation to help newcomers isn't all that interesting or exciting. The entire SmartAI system needs a write-up but with the number of different ways quests can work it's near impossible to accomplish.

• Upvote 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Herdex
      I just finished setting up a 3.3.5 server it runs and I can make an account but I cannot join it, I don't know if the problem is on my client or if the server isn't setup right

The server is not on the same network as the computer I'm trying to join with so I can't use lan or anything, I have also never had a private server but have played on a few
      Server is on linux
    • By alexis123
      I have a 255 level repack, the repack starts well when I create a character, it is not created and I throw an error like the image I see in database characters I see the character that is created, the default race is 0, obviously, it never has to be 0 in race there but that happens to me

and in worldserver I get a db error, I don't know why I have never modified anything or am adding race custon, how can I solve this error, friends, can you please help me?

• By alexis123
      I am using rev 61 trinitycore I compiled it I assembled the repack everything fine I started the server now I have errors
      Error 1
      Unknown item (entry=2711) in creature_equip_template.itemEntry1 for entry = 6 and id=1, forced to 0.

I change the ID to 0, there it tells me because it is in 1 and now I get this error that I do not understand what to do

Error 1 
      Creature equipment template with id 0 found for creature 6, skipped.

How can I solve this error friends?
    • By Tyrael
      Hello everyone, I have installed several clients of the master branch 8.3.7 (35435) and I have not obtained results when connecting to the local server that I have.
      I have thought about starting to use 8.3.7 in order to learn new things outside of 3.3.5a but this has blocked me.
      If you'd be so kind as to point me to a client or if Trinity has one.
      First of all, Thanks.
    • By Xzter
      Hello, before i was using trinity fine, everything working perfect. But now, im always getting the worldserver.exe crash.
      Here is log, if someone  can help me to fix it, please. Thanks

Screenshoot where error always appear

And, Error Log 
      b19413aaf21d_worldserver.exe_[22-4_11-51-42].txt