TrinityCore

[SOLVED]Worldserver crashes on database update

Pettson

Hi,

I just started messing about with TrinityCore (mostly out of nostalgia, and I thought it'd be a good learning experience), and for some reason, there's something going wrong every single time I try to get it working.

I've followed the guide to the letter, and I get to the point where the worldserver executable is importing/updating the MySQL database (I think).
The last message I get before the crash is (running a debug build, the "abort()" line is where the crash would otherwise happen):

Updating World database...
[1146] Table 'world.updates_include' doesn't exist
Your database structure is not up to date. Please make sure you've executed all queries in the sql/updates folders.
abort() has been called

There are no .txt files beyond the DBErrors.log and the Server.log (as follows):

TrinityCore rev. e4dfbb60fd85 2016-02-19 15:03:21 +0100 (3.3.5 branch) (Win32, Debug) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
\/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \, _\  __  __
   \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
    \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
     \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
      \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
                                 C O R E  /\___/
http://TrinityCore.org \/__/

Using configuration file worldserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.2f  28 Jan 2016 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.2f  28 Jan 2016)
Using Boost version: 1.60.0
Database "auth" does not exist, do you want to create it? [yes (default) / no]:
Creating database "auth"...
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

Done.
Database "characters" does not exist, do you want to create it? [yes (default) / no]:
Creating database "characters"...
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

Done.
Database Auth is empty, auto populating it...
>> Applying 'E:/Prvsrv/Trinity2/sql/base/auth_database.sql'...

>> Done!
Database Character is empty, auto populating it...
>> Applying 'E:/Prvsrv/Trinity2/sql/base/characters_database.sql'...

>> Done!
Updating Auth database...
>> Reapplying update "2015_11_07_00_auth.sql" 'BAF9F6B' -> '0ACDD35' (it changed)...

>> Applied 1 query. Containing 2 new and 8 archived updates.
Updating Character database...
>> Reapplying update "2015_11_07_00_characters.sql" 'BAF9F6B' -> '0ACDD35' (it changed)...

>> Applied 1 query. Containing 2 new and 12 archived updates.
Updating World database...

I've tried running 5.7 and 5.6 of MySQL, and I've tried compiling both x64 and x86 versions (of course I've made sure to use x64 or x86 versions of all the other applications and libraries where applicable) and I get no error messages whatsoever up to that specific point. I've tried googling around a bit, and the only thing I've come across is to import the databases manually - but how do I do that from a single .sql file, that my MySQL wont open? (MySQL Workbench crashes and HeidiSQL wont recognize the file.)
How do I make sure the right stuff goes into the right databases (that aren't created before running the worldserver.exe)?
Used the CLI to create a test database - just for the heck of it - and managed to import the TDB_full_world_335.60_2015_11_07.sql contents into it. Is it just a matter of the file size, and if so, where do I set it so the MySQL server can handle it through the worldserver.exe application? (Isn't that using batches for the CLI as well?) My experience with MySQL is highly limited, and I apologize for that - I hope someone can give me a pointer or two! (Or five. ^^)

Applications used:
MS Visual Studio 14 (2015) Community Ed.
Boost 1.60.0 for MSVS 14 (x86 and x64, as applicable)
MySQL 5.7.11 (tried with 5.6 as well, both x86 and x64 versions - always correctly detected in CMake)
OpenSSL 1.0.2f (x86 and x64, as applicable - detection in CMake works perfectly)
ZeroMQ 4.0.4 (x86 and x64, as applicable)
CMake 3.4.3
TrinityCore repository cloned 2016-02-19 around 1100CET, should be after commit f2ab246?

Hope someone could help me out here, and I do apologize if I may have missed the solution somewhere else in the forums!
Thanks a bunch in advance!
/Chris

UPDATE: Managed to work around the issue, by importing the SQL dump via the MySQL CLI (I used the source command to import the TDB_ file into the 'world' database). Everything seems to be running fine after that, all the updates ran perfectly, the auth and world servers fire up, and I can connect with the 3.3.5a game client. :)

Edited by Pettson
Added temporary workaround

Been busy with work - sorry for the slow reply! Will try recompiling as soon as I can find time, looks like I removed the debug build when I got it working with the release build and the method mentioned above. Seems like Naios got it nailed though, thanks for the replies! :)

• 1 year later...