TrinityCore

Trinitycore rev. @ Trinity .zip achive download?

yodel

Hi,

I always downloaded Trinity Core as a .ZIP archive and never had a need of anything else but it always bugged me not to have the actual revision data.

Why is the revision data not shown using the zip archives for the T-Core?  Is there a way to manually add these revison numbers?

Thanks!

I'm using Windows for surfing, as far as I understand it I have to install some kind of a Git software? I don't want to install anything here like GitHubSetup.exe. Maybe there is a portable version of that git software?

I have a Raspi3 @ remotedesktop running I can use that for the git pull instead?

sudo apt-get install git-core   <- install git ?

then 1. clone of the repository:

git clone git://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git                  <-  not sure which url here, probably you have to add infos as to which Branch: 3.3.5 to use?

then for update:

change to the git directory and use "git pull"

Will that get me version information file?

And apart from that, is there any good reason why the zip archive doesn't contain a version file. Is this just a missing github feature or is there a good reason why not?

Edited by yodel

I thought I copy that git clone directory over to the gaming PC together with that missing version info.

So you say that the version information is somewhere hidden in Git software and can't be copied over? But that info must be somewhere local on the pi!?

I did that git clone and now I got also that .git directory which is missing in the Zip archives. Is that the one I would need for the version infos for cmake?  OMG that directory is 375MB large , is that the only reason why they exclude that from the zip archive?

Edited by yodel

Ah, thanks very much Nay finally I understand.

The version infos are generated by the git software in the order of cmake. So if I would now install a portable git software on my gaming PC I could generate it.

Is there an easy way for pointing Cmake to the portable git software? Probably the FindGit.cmake macro?

Edited by yodel

You mean in CMake  "GIT_EXECUTEABLE" add the path to "/bin" ?

The Link above from you to the portable git version PortableGit-2.7.4-64-bit.7z.exe gave a big surprise Microsoft Security Essentials(definition updated today)

Trojan:Win32/Fethar.A!d

\PortableGit\usr\lib\perl5\core_perl\auto\Opcode\Opcode.dll

I currently make an upload to virustotal for the  PortableGit-2.7.4-64-bit.7z.exe and the  Opcode.dll for further infos.

looking good for the whole .exe but that unarchived Opcode.dll .... have to figure out how to upload that alone unpacked.

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/d32918f10812b4e60ecbf0524960cff00c8b20d1f0464dab1506d67dbaf8d6cf/analysis/1459091873/

Ok the Opcode.dll also seems to be fine:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e9c9a34761666c5968a1108932906693593d0901c34fda5512f6ce57cc55ed17/analysis/1459094824/

so a false positive thx MSE for waisting my time!

Edited by yodel