TrinityCore

How get the name for spec active of the character, from character database

stridergm

Hi, I'm making a web site for Mist of Pandaria, I need for the profile of the character, know which is the specialization that is active, and also the name of the two specializations that have the character on character database.

Greetings and thanks.

Edited by stridergm

In the character table of the Trinity database for version Mist of Pandaria, there are 4 fields:

speccount: This field contains how many specializations have the character.
activespec: This field contains which specialization is active, it has value 0 or 1
specialization1: This field contains the ID of the especialización1 in the ChrSpecialization.dbc file for the core of Mist of Pandaria.
specialization2: This field contains the ID of the especialización2 in the ChrSpecialization.dbc file for the core of Mist of Pandaria.

The solution was to incorporate a table in the database of the web site that I'm developing with the values of ChrSpecialization.dbc file, so to locate the active specialization, I take the ID for the active specialization, that I can be obtained from the character table, then I found on my database the name of specialization with the  ID.

Edited by stridergm
  • Upvote 2

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By blkht
      The worldserver crashes whenever I create a character. Seems like there is an issue with mysql, but I have no idea what the issue is. Anybody knows what`s happening here?

• By stridergm
      Please I need get the character faction from the character data base. How I can doit?

HELP
    • By kaytotes
      Settings such as CharacterCreating.Disabled and CharacterCreating.Disabled.RaceMask are not applying. I'm not sure if it is because I am misunderstanding  but when I set these values it does not inhibit character creation.

For example my worldserver.conf

#    CharacterCreating.Disabled.RaceMask
      #        Description: Mask of races which cannot be created by players.
      #        Example:     1536 - (1024 + 512, Blood Elf and Draenei races are disabled)
      #        Default:     0    - (Enabled, All races are allowed)
      #                     1    - (Disabled, Human)
      #                     2    - (Disabled, Orc)
      #                     4    - (Disabled, Dwarf)
      #                     8    - (Disabled, Night Elf)
      #                     16   - (Disabled, Undead)
      #                     32   - (Disabled, Tauren)
      #                     64   - (Disabled, Gnome)
      #                     128  - (Disabled, Troll)
      #                     512  - (Disabled, Blood Elf)
      #                     1024 - (Disabled, Draenei)
      CharacterCreating.Disabled.RaceMask = 1536

I set it the same as in the example but I can still create both Blood Elf and Draenei characters.

Am I doing something wrong?