TrinityCore

A port question

criston

Hello Trinity Core Community,

I wanted to know if there is a way a wow server can work without opening the ports.

What happened is that me and my family used to play wow, The Lich King version, but we cannot play anymore, because the cable company close all my ports, and they don’t want to open them anymore. They want their clients to pay more money for this service, that used to be free.

Thanks in advance.

Ports are not handled by the ISP, they are configured by your internal router/gateway. Your ISP can not control your ports, unless it's behind a restrictive proxy server which you are trying to play while at work, a library, or some company. Even though there are ways around that.

The only reason I know that, is because I live in the same area you do ;) or share the same ISP's from where I live in the states down to Baja Mexico where you live.

Anyhow, are you referring to a static IP?

1 hour ago, CDawg said:

Ports are not handled by the ISP, they are configured by your internal router/gateway. Your ISP can not control your ports, unless it's behind a restrictive proxy server which you are trying to play while at work, a library, or some company. Even though there are ways around that.

The only reason I know that, is because I live in the same area you do ;) or share the same ISP's from where I live in the states down to Baja Mexico where you live.

Anyhow, are you referring to a static IP?

Some ISPs don't allows you access to your router and with firmware updates can lock port redirections.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for taking the time to answer me, and the company did close all ports and they cannot be opened.

I researched and I found out they want to charge more to have a normal ip,  there were many people who were opening the ports to put cameras, and now they cant even do this.

Thanks for your comments, I keep updating the database and also I have not stopped playing.

Edited by criston