TrinityCore

[SOLVED]Updating Commit - Question

Great Name No Game

@Rochet2 I connected to retail today and acquired 7.1.0 (23171) for my client. Loaded up commit fcbbeb3 and compiled that. Ever since I tried to go higher than commit e0fb444, I've been having issues with the VMAPS. Could a total extraction be necessary (*BOTH* VMAPS and MMAPS) be needed to make just the VMAPS work, as @Aokromes suggested?

Right, yeah. Since I just did my first server install last week, my DB is totally up to date. :)

As of right now, everything is running smoothly with vmaps turned off - have not had any clipping issues or anything running through walls/falling through floors. One of these days I will re-extract MMaps, but the vmaps is a clean extract. The error on the worldserver regarding vmaps puzzles me COMPLETELY.

World plods on. Wont mark this one as solved yet because if I enable vmaps again, Im sure it might foul it up again. Actually thats a good thing to test. With server running, enable vmaps and test for connectivity. I'll let you know.

Cheers!

On 12/4/2016 at 3:26 PM, Aokromes said:

[00:49:49] <WardenX> TrinityCore/TrinityCore (f2277dd * master): Shauren committed Core: Change allowed build to 7.1.0.23171 https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/commit/f2277dd6de7ea29fa47e226ca2084e1eaeb2559b

also, since yesterday vmaps and mmaps needs to be updated.

Confirmed. Issue resolved. Re-extracting both vmaps and mmaps corrected the issue. Thanks @Aokromes and @Rochet2 for your efforts.

• 3 months later...