TrinityCore

How to install using pre-compiled packages - WINDOWS

novembertunes

On 10/28/2016 at 6:04 AM, Nay said:

For Windows, AppVeyor builds pre-compiled TC for 64 bits https://ci.appveyor.com/project/DDuarte/trinitycore/branch/3.3.5/artifacts and https://ci.appveyor.com/project/DDuarte/trinitycore/branch/master/artifacts

P.S Pinned and featured this post.

Windows precompile TC for master didn't work! Does anyone knows another source for precompile?

4 hours ago, Nay said:

What did not work? What errors? Any log?

Thanks!

Is this mysql version error? DatabaseWorkerPool FATAL ERROR . Wiki says don't use 5.7.x so i use 5.5.19

But first, when i extracted it has many files. The wiki says it needs only selected files but this one has many?? No log was generated, i also checked logging in config files.

Capture.JPGCapture 2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 7:34 PM, Nay said:

For Windows, AppVeyor builds pre-compiled TC for 64 bits https://ci.appveyor.com/project/DDuarte/trinitycore/branch/3.3.5/artifacts and https://ci.appveyor.com/project/DDuarte/trinitycore/branch/master/artifacts

P.S Pinned and featured this post.

Looks like a great time saver! So when I click the second link(I'm assuming for DB?) Apparently it failed to compile the last round? Is there a way to retrieve the last successful compile?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thulium
      Hi Folks,
      As mentioned in a later post, I no longer play WoW and decided to not port the trinitycore packages to Debian 11 'Bullseye' which was just released. I have discontinued builds and removed the packages from the repo.
      Thank you all for using the packages in the past few years and all of the feedback I received!
      Please check the 'Rolling your own' section on how to set this up for yourself! :-)
      Cheers!
      == Original message ==
      Hi folks,
      Having issues compiling? Don't want to wait for an hour to compile a new server? Want a steady stream of updates? Well then, you came to the right place!
      With the following instructions, one can install their own TrinityCore server using pre-compiled packages. The current state of the 2 branches is:
      - 3.3.5a: fully functional and installable using the instructions in this topic
      - master: Still WIP, the packages are compiled and in the repository, but still need to be tested and validated against the installation instructions. Not compiled automatically.

== Background ==
      There are 3 packages, server, database and tools:The database package will also install MariaDB from the default Debian Repository
      Server package: pre-compiled version using the instructions provided on the TrinityCore wiki. Date and commit-hash are included in version tag. By default this package will also install database, but it is possible to run the database on a remote server. And it will not overwrite any configuration files in place without asking. Database package: Contains TDB335.62 with all the database updates provided by the commit. Also contains a slightly modified auth_database (which has to be setup with the provided script), so you can control the server while it's started without console (in order to run it as a service, details below). Tools package: contains the extractors, so you can run them on your desktop with the client instead of uploading a copy to the server. I also included a script that will queue all the commands you need to generate a data package for your TC server. This package isn't supposed to run on the same system as the server (because it would require you to upload a complete WoW client to your server). The packages come with a default configuration to support service control by SystemD. A few details:
      /opt/trinitycore - server files and data files /var/log/trinitycore - server logs /var/run/trinitycore - PID files See https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/18069 for more info on how and why
      == Update frequency ==
      These packages will be recompiled everyday at midnight, compiling/uploading takes about an hour per tree, so expect fresh packages:
      - 3.3.5a: around 01:30 AM CEST
      - master: not compiled automatically (per 2019-09-09)
      The script will automatically download the latest TDB version if it is updated in the source files. If there are any changes with the configuration files (new options added etc.) I will add them as soon as I can.
      == Installation Instructions ==
      This instruction will help you setup a TrinityCore server on a Debian Buster server with it's own local MySQL server. If you require a seperate MySQL server, please adjust where needed. All packages provided are only tested on Debian Buster stable (with updates).
      !!! WILL NO LONGER WORK ON DEBIAN VERSIONS BELOW 10 !!!
      It is in your best interest to read the entire instruction first before installing!
      Install a server with Debian Buster and log in on it You don't need anything except the basic install! Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list
       deb http://repo.element-networks.nl/ buster main Add the repository key for package verification
       wget http://repo.element-networks.nl/public.gpg -O - | apt-key add - Update your package lists
      apt-get update Install the server
      3.3.5a: apt-get install trinitycore-server3.3.5-en
      master: apt-get install trinitycore-server-master-en NOTE: This command will install the TrinityCore server and all it's dependencies (including a MariaDB server)
      If you want to run a seperate database server, run this command with '--no-install-recommends' to skip the installation of the database package. FIRST TIME ONLY: Run the following script to setup the databases
      setup_database.sh If you run the database on a different server, run the script on that server. Also, change worldserver.conf and authserver.conf accordingly! Extract the MAPS, MMAPS and VMAPS using the extractors.
      Pro-tip, if you have a (fast) Linux (gaming) desktop, do the following: Install the trinitycore-tools3.3.5 package on your desktop with the WoW client.
      apt-get install trinitycore-tools3.3.5-en Go to your WoW client folder and run the script
      cd /to/my/wowclient
      generate_data_package.sh After extracting all the maps, mmaps, vmaps and dbc's it will ask you the following question:
      # Your data package is in /to/my/wowclient/trinitycore-data.tgz
      # Would you like this script to apply it on your server? y/N If you select yes, it will ask you where to upload the data package

See https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/display/tc/Linux+Server+Setup for all the details surrounding the extracting process. Start the server!
      systemctl start trinitycore-authserver.service
      systemctl start trinitycore-worldserver.service You can control the server using the following command:
      telnet localhost 3443

Username: admin
      Password: ChangeMeNOW! Change the password for the admin account:
      .account set password admin NEWPASSWORD NEWPASSWORD Create a new user
      .account create USERNAME PASSWORD

Press Enter again to log out Set your client's realmlist to your newly installed server
      GameClientDir/Data/enUS/realmlist.wtf

Note: enUS could also be enGB if you have a European version of the client Start your game, log in and enjoy! == Upgrade to Debian 10 Buster ==
      When upgrading my system to Debian 10 (Buster) I ran into an issue where my MariaDB server was no longer starting properly. In order to fix it, do the following:
       Make a snapshot of your current machine (and always make backups!) Before upgrading, run the following command, this will upgrade some MariaDB internals to the current version you have running. If you are already up to date, the script will say so. No need to run it with --force
      mysql_upgrade -u root -p Upgrade your system to Debian 10 via the usual way (lots and lots of guides already on the interwebz, find one) When you run your server on LXC, please enable Nesting and restart the LXC container again. After starting the server, check if MariaDB is running, and run the upgrade script (step 2) again to update MariaDB's internals again. == Updating ==
      Updating the server to a newer version is very easy, I do it using the following script:
      #!/bin/bash
      # Upgrade the TrinityCore server to the latest build
      # Stop running server
      systemctl stop trinitycore-worldserver.service
      # Upgrade packages, change the packagename if you wish to run the 'master' branch
      apt-get update
      apt-get upgrade trinitycore-server3.3.5-en trinitycore-database3.3.5-en -y -o Dpkg::Options::='--force-confdef' -o Dpkg::Options::='--force-confold'
      # Start server
      systemctl start trinitycore-worldserver.service
      == Feedback ==
      Any feedback is appreciated! I have been running my test-server with this setup for a few days now and it is still alive and kicking. However, my userbase is quite small (5) and I would like to know if the current way of updating is doable.
      Thoughts, feelings, emotions?
      == Rolling your own? ==
      Want to compile it yourself, but make it easier? Don't trust me? Need custom patches? No problem! Below are the recipes I use for the build script I use to generate the binaries and the packages. They are still only suitable for Deb based distro's, but feel free to roll your own!
      https://github.com/Thulium-Drake/trinitycore-recipes