TrinityCore

Questions regarding MoP and multiple expansions

Drakos

Hey,

First of all, thanks a lot of helping me out on my previous issue, it got solved. Second, since I see that trinitycore doesn't really have a MoP core (if there is and a database for it as well, please let me know) so I was checking out other cores to work on. The only decent core I found was Skyfire 5.4.8 (really sorry if I'm advertising here). Can that core be compatible with Trinity? aka running Wotlk, Cata and MoP with one authserver? Also, if that's not possible, is there a way for example someone with one account to be able to connect to multiple expansions instead of having make a new account for each expansion (like when making an account to be creating one for every auth table)? Thanks, looking forward to your replies.

PS: I tried have both 2 authservers up (1 for Wotlk+Cata and 1 for MoP) by changing the authserver port of MoP to 3725 but nothing. It only accepts the 3724 port.

I know that there is independent projects using TC. Like 434 that is pretty active in TrinityCoreLegacy. But the closest thing I found that is relative is https://github.com/Exodius/TrinityCore-MOP-5.1.0 . That also has a link to the DBC from that time still up, so might as well get it while it's hot.

TC has just moved on to the latest and greatest at this point.

• Upvote 1

I would ask Exodius or Kittnz..., However I found something more interesting after alot of reading and digging around (Interested for myself for mop), but I found this.

https://github.com/lesslol/JadeCore

Good luck :) sorry for the run around, just found it today. It seems to be the most up to date mop open project. From what I was reading it was from TrinityCore.

• Upvote 1

Since most MOP 5.x projects are slowly dying or (jerks that go private), it's getting more difficult to find open source these days. You could always ask :)

Digging through jadecore shows that it was using the TC backbone so it 'should' use their authserver/configurations. But not sure about the compatibility with other versions.

• Upvote 1