TrinityCore

Lags

Adizbek

First thing.. you said "mbits" so I'm assuming that was a typo. 50Mbits is horrible. You could barley stream a video with that. Also we are not support private servers (production). This is for "testing" purposes only.

So let's get started and assume you didn't mean to 50Mbits and you meant to say 50 Mbs (Megabytes)

If you are running that private system with Windows from your house, than yes. I would expect 50+ to start lagging on that system.

I run multiple linux system(s) from my house and they are 5x the speed with a dedicated T1 line. Not to mention the dedicated database server, app server, and other hosted systems. I "could" max out at 2k.

- Your system may have background processes running on it, Your network upload speed under 30Mbs would cause major lag. Your 50Mbs download doesn't mean anything.

Last, I don't recommend running anything on that machine, unless it's for "testing" with a few friends.

If you want to really "test" it out and have 150+ friends without lag, then you need to purchase a cloud system or spend the money to upgrade your current system + network, also (if it's not), get that thing on Linux, not windows. Windows is great for quick compile, burn and testing.

I don't want to sound rude, but a ton of people overestimate their network + system, then they get their ass handed to them and post here on the forums for help.

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Adizbek said:

Can you share you mysql conf

I can help you configure optimal performance for your DB server, but I need to know details of your new server as well as what other services are running on the node. Shoot me a PM in IRC, or trinitycore PM (top right).

You can't just share the mysql.conf. MySQL is configured for exactly that server based on the services running and especially hardware. I also use tools to help balance the correct amount of database usage (not too little, and not too much)
I don't run JUST a worldserver on the node. It's a separate DB server dedicated for this very purpose as a DB server.

Anyhow, you don't want to configure your machine with someone else's conf, that may have more/less memory, storage, etc.. you could do more harm than good, even if it's not noticeable at that very moment.

• Upvote 1