TrinityCore

7.2.0 Client 101

terakoth

When I load the server up I join okay at times but the problem is when I use another computer to join the master branch I get this problem anyone else get this problem.  I have no problem with the computer that the server is on but the other computer gets this

18308919_370862389975522_1413312980_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

This is a auth issue that has been going on that allows for other computers to connect with the server if you look at the other branches like 3.3.5 or even 4.3.4 you will see it is stronger socket when it listens for the connection then it is for 7.2.0

• Upvote 1

Thank god I am not the only one getting this problem, I'm sure there have to be more they just aren't saying anything. I noticed a server out there running 7.2.0 is working fine so not sure how they got there's working but I noticed there using :2119 port number after the IP address.  I see the port number for auth has changed for 7.2.0 to 1119 from 3724.  There has to be something simple to fix this but who knows

On 5/3/2017 at 10:16 AM, codeman8214 said:

I sent you a patch file for the connection it is fixed with the changes the socket now listens better, just use git apply thefile.patch

Wouldn't it be wiser to create a pull request with that? 

• Upvote 1

Not sure where to put this and sorry ahead of time if its in the wrong place. everything complied without a problem vmaps etc went without a problem

but patching did not seem to work and it probably is something im doing.

directory what i typed and result.

BlizzardError.exe  connection_patcher  Documentation  Interface    mmaps        WDB                             WTF
Buildings          Data                Errors         Launcher.db  Screenshots  World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
Cache              dbc                 Errors.old     Logs         Utils        Wow-64.exe
cameras            dbghelp.dll         gt             maps         vmaps        Wow.exe
trinity@trinity ~/WOD $ ./connection_patcher wow-64.exe
TrinityCore rev. ed986a416a43 2017-05-10 17:27:59 +0200 (master branch) (Unix, Release, Static) (connection_patcher)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
\/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \, _\  __  __
   \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
    \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
     \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
      \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
                                 C O R E  /\___/
http://TrinityCore.org \/__/

Creating patched binary...
EX: could not open wow-64.exe
An error occurred. Press ENTER to continue...

Nemo does not do anything when i drag and drop so i ran it on the command line and tried both wow.exe and wow-64.exe.  The operating system is linux mint. Just trying to set up a linux server for wow

./connection_patcher wow-64.exe

Thank you it was the cap w that got me sorry for the waste of your time.

BTW once its patched. (server has a static ip of 192.168.1.1) and coded into the 2 config files can i copy the wow directory back to a windows machine and have it run?

Edited by new-b-e

• 2 weeks later...

Have compiled 7.2 and i can connect from other pc's in my local net but none of the chrs can purchase anything from the vendors. The items show up but i can not purchase anything. I can sell junk to them tho. Is this a setting issue someplace or a bad make issue? game does not crash or DC. Not sure where to look.