TrinityCore

Trying to get characters realm id

Astraithious

Hello I'm trying to do some analytics work for some fun on a private server but I'm having a hard time being able to separate characters by realm. I was hoping somebody had an idea of how to do this, we only use one character database do people usually use more for multiple servers? 

Thank you for any insight you may have! 

@Astraithious It's recommend and ideal to have separate world and character databases. However, the real question is, what are you trying to accomplish by having multiple realms with one characters database?

The other question is, if you log into another realm from the original, I'm assuming you are retrieving the same characters listed, or did you customize that?

I did some core modifications where I wanted to see about using one characters database and seperate pvp/pve realms where the client will only see pve characters for one realm and another list for pvp. (it was a crossrealm project start). It worked, but like codeman8214 mentioned, it was a headache and a pain in the ass. I scrapped the project, once I got about 200+ players and trying to keep track on which realm.

It made for very very easy realm transfers, but I had to bump the character limit from 10 to 20. Once players created more than 10 players, there were a shit ton of bugs.