TrinityCore

Sniffer

Billy

Been having problems with the sniffer that I get from here. I keep getting "WSTC-64.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue..." This has been going on for about 2 months now. I've asked the aurthor of the program if there are any dependencies or anything like that that I might not have installed yet, and was told it doesn't require any.

The only other thing that I can think of that might be causing it to crash would be addons. So is there anybody out there using addons to the client and still able to sniff?

5 hours ago, Billy said:

Been having problems with the sniffer that I get from here. I keep getting "WSTC-64.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue..." This has been going on for about 2 months now. I've asked the aurthor of the program if there are any dependencies or anything like that that I might not have installed yet, and was told it doesn't require any.

The only other thing that I can think of that might be causing it to crash would be addons. So is there anybody out there using addons to the client and still able to sniff?

Opening Wow-64 process build 24461...
Checking sniffer status...

Welcome to WSTC Sniffer (x64, Version 1.7, Built 30/06/2017 16:01:06 (UTC))
Created by Shauren <[email protected]>
This sniffer is for World of Warcraft Client Build 24461.
Sniffer attached. No errors detected.
Remember to share sniffed data!
Press any key to continue . . .

As for addons, i use a shitload of them.

1 hour ago, Aokromes said:

Opening Wow-64 process build 24461...
Checking sniffer status...

Welcome to WSTC Sniffer (x64, Version 1.7, Built 30/06/2017 16:01:06 (UTC))
Created by Shauren <[email protected]>
This sniffer is for World of Warcraft Client Build 24461.
Sniffer attached. No errors detected.
Remember to share sniffed data!
Press any key to continue . . .

As for addons, i use a shitload of them.

Thanks Aokromes. Guess I'll just have to keep digging.

Also keep in mind that if you have more than one key64 file for an older version, sometimes the sniffer uses it.
Edit: If you've updated to a newer version remember to delete the old batch file. Don't just use the new sniffer/key.

@Aokromes is correct I mis-worded this, edited.

4 minutes ago, Sirius said:

Also keep in mind that if you have more than one key64 file for an older version, sometimes the sniffer just picks it up and uses it.
If you've updated to a newer version remember to delete the old wstc file.

I don't see how this is posible if batch file runs for the build.

• Upvote 1

I always clear the 3 files before unzipping the new ones into the folder. The reason for not working for me was they were blocked by winblows due to coming from another computer, so the security "features" auto blocked it. But now I know what to look for.