TrinityCore

Add new item in Legion

Spiderpig

So I've compiled a TrinityCore server using the directions here and got thing up and running.  I've been testing some quests and seeing what works and what doesn't.  I plan on getting some old friends of mine who I used to play WoW with together to check out all the new areas and things since we played.  I wanted to create some unique quest items and armor and ran into and issue.

In the last time I did this (about 5 years ago) there was a item_template table in the World DB that I could add things too.  I see that it's been removed in the Legion DB.  All the videos and research I've done says it's moved to some db2 database....but can't seem to find any more information on that.  Is there a guide to how to add items/weapons in 7.2.5 database?  Will the TrinityCore Creator app be updated to handle the 7.2.5 database?

6 hours ago, codeman8214 said:

In the legion you add items now in the hotfixes database which is item, item_sparse same if it was in the world database but it is in the hotfixes database now.

Is there a tutorial of how to do this?  Most things I'm finding on google don't really delve into this.  Looking at the item_sparse table it's a bit different from the old item_template table, so any guides would be helpful.  As anyone written a tool to make this easier like the trinitycore creator tool?

4 hours ago, MartGon said:

I have been following this tutorial http://www.model-changing.net/tutorials/article/107-legion-big-tutorials/ to add some new items. 

I have added like 2 new items but my current problem is that I can't add any stats to the item.

I'm in the same boat now....tried adding values to item stats section but it didn't seem to do much.  Tried looking up the terms in the website here, but there isn't a good definition of them.  Would be nice to be able to add stats and gems to the items.

heck, a item creator app like they have for 3.5.5 would be nice.  Wonder how much work it would take to port that one to Legion.

If I made something for Legion I wouldn't port anything over unless I had the same framework but I would make something new for an item creator and I don't know why you guys are having an issue with stats they work just fine for me I have tons of intellect and stamina on my items for testing. Are you guys sure you are using the right fields for item creating, maybe I should just make a simple application for item creating so there is no confusion.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, codeman8214 said:

If I made something for Legion I wouldn't port anything over unless I had the same framework but I would make something new for an item creator and I don't know why you guys are having an issue with stats they work just fine for me I have tons of intellect and stamina on my items for testing. Are you guys sure you are using the right fields for item creating, maybe I should just make a simple application for item creating so there is no confusion.

I've been looking at the item_sparse documentation, but still having some issues.  I think a simple tutorial with a couple stats would be good to have.  Seems like there are tons of tutorials for the old item_template method...but can't seem to find any good item_sparse tutorial.  

Well, after some research I could create an item with some stats, based on an existing item. 

Here's the result http://imgur.com/vYk56Ch.

What it seems after some testing is that the values on the columns ItemStatValue doesn't really matter to the final stats of the item. It looks like the stats value depend of the ItemStatsAllocation and the itemLevel, but and i'm not completely sure about this.  

3 hours ago, MartGon said:

Well, after some research I could create an item with some stats, based on an existing item. 

Here's the result http://imgur.com/vYk56Ch.

What it seems after some testing is that the values on the columns ItemStatValue doesn't really matter to the final stats of the item. It looks like the stats value depend of the ItemStatsAllocation and the itemLevel, but and i'm not completely sure about this.  

Can you share your item_sparse info?  Would like to try it tonight when I get home.

Really it is kind of nice that legion moved over to db2 because now the ID's that were being used in item_template can now be used because the way and format data is handled now. item_sparse is just another new way to handle ID's in a different way instead of in MySQL database it is handled in client database instead so ID's can start at one and be handled differently.

• Upvote 1