TrinityCore

As a GM I'm invisible to others?

ProcyonOne

Hello,

I've just set up a 3.3.5a server, primarily for my kids, family, and friends to enjoy.  I have set my account to GM level 3.

I seem to be invisible in the game to others - if they type in my character name for a friend request "Player not found" is returned.  However, I am able to add anyone as a friend without issues.  As a GM am I hidden from view and unable to receive friend requests?  If so, is there any way to make myself visible?

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, ProcyonOne said:

Hello,

I've just set up a 3.3.5a server, primarily for my kids, family, and friends to enjoy.  I have set my account to GM level 3.

I seem to be invisible in the game to others - if they type in my character name for a friend request "Player not found" is returned.  However, I am able to add anyone as a friend without issues.  As a GM am I hidden from view and unable to receive friend requests?  If so, is there any way to make myself visible?

Thank you.

.gm off .gm visible on 

26 minutes ago, ProcyonOne said:

Nope - it didn't work.  Used both commands.  I can see my son in the game but he can't see me.

When he clicks Add Friend and enters my character name it says "Player not found".

What else could be wrong?

you have to enable it in the RBAC system.

auth.rbac_permissions:   id=40 "Allows to add a gm to friend list."

It's disabled by default, due to security for GMs. So that once a GM logs onto the server you dont want to be bombarded by requests/tickets/help/etc... by players that now know you are online.

• Like 1