TrinityCore

TrinityCore 4.3.4 Map Issues

LewisPotato

Hey!

I finally learnt how to compile TrinityCore for 3.3.5a!

I've now compiled TrinityCore 4.3.4 and it was successful, however when I extract the maps from a 4.3.4 enGB (full) client it extracts but when I load the maps on the server I get this error: 

Using DataDir ./
WORLD: MMap data directory is: ./mmaps
VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1
VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
Map file './maps/5301243.map' does not exist!
Please place MAP-files (*.map) in the appropriate directory (./maps/), or correct the DataDir setting in your worldserver.conf file.
Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!

I have downloaded multiple full 4.3.4 enGB clients but with no luck I get the same error... Am I doing something wrong? Also I don't want to use enUS so I will only try enGB if that's okay.

3 minutes ago, LewisPotato said:

Hey!

I finally learnt how to compile TrinityCore for 3.3.5a!

I've now compiled TrinityCore 4.3.4 and it was successful, however when I extract the maps from a 4.3.4 enGB (full) client it extracts but when I load the maps on the server I get this error: 

Using DataDir ./
WORLD: MMap data directory is: ./mmaps
VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1
VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
Map file './maps/5301243.map' does not exist!
Please place MAP-files (*.map) in the appropriate directory (./maps/), or correct the DataDir setting in your worldserver.conf file.
Unable to load critical files - server shutting down !!!

I have downloaded multiple full 4.3.4 enGB clients but with no luck I get the same error... Am I doing something wrong? Also I don't want to use enUS so I will only try enGB if that's okay.

you have put maps directory inside the directory where worldserver binary is?

12 minutes ago, LewisPotato said:

No, it is missing that one file. I'm not sure if I am using the wrong client to extract the maps, if you can mind linking me to a full 4.3.4 enGB client that you use to extact the maps? It must be an issue with the client.

Then it's obviously a client issue, search one really complete 4.3.4 client OR connect to a wow 4.3.4 server create one draenei and blood elf characters and run around to see if that fixes your issue.

12 hours ago, Aokromes said:

Then it's obviously a client issue, search one really complete 4.3.4 client OR connect to a wow 4.3.4 server create one draenei and blood elf characters and run around to see if that fixes your issue.

I've tried all the enGB clients I can find and doing the other way would just take days to download everything..

1 minute ago, LewisPotato said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do that. It'd take me way too long to get around everywhere.

Do the map extractors only work on certain versions of the 4.3.4 client?

Not everywhere, try only draenei and blood elf start zones, if instant server also outland (map 530)

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, Aokromes said:

Not everywhere, try only draenei and blood elf start zones, if instant server also outland (map 530)

Back again, It downloaded all content 100%, attempted again and it has done the same thing... Starting to think it's something wrong with the map extractors.

I also tried to recompile everything.

12 minutes ago, LewisPotato said:

Back again, It downloaded all content 100%, attempted again and it has done the same thing... Starting to think it's something wrong with the map extractors.

I also tried to recompile everything.

they work for me (TM).

ls ../../../misc/share/434/maps/5301243*
../../../misc/share/434/maps/5301243.map

• 1 year later...

Hi @LewisPotato,

I'm having the exact same issue: /maps/5301243.map missing.

My Client now is showing 86% of downloaded content and i guess some maps are missing.

I have 11.992 files on my vmaps folder and 6.030 on maps folder.

Were you able to find any feaseable solution that does not involve waking around the entire map?

Edited by Rickgaara