TrinityCore

LINUX (ubuntu 17.10) Server extracting confusion. (Windows client)

Ronin825

HI, i have by the past installed the trinity core once or twice, but always did it on my main machine which ran Windows and never had any major issue, btw awesome work on the core, this is some awesome coding !

But now i am building a version on my home server which runs Ubuntu linux 17.10, but i will be running the client on my windows machine. and i never aquired a WoW linux client through wine or anything like that.

im at the step in the installation where i need to extract the dbc/Maps/Vmaps/Mmaps etc. from the WoW client to add them to my current ~/server/bin directory, but i since i dont have a client on my linux machine i was wondering how i coudl get thoses files. Do i have to compile a core on my Windows machine to get the tools and extract them from my windows client ? Will the files even be compatible ? I think they might, but i dont wanna go trough the process of compiling a core on my Win10 machine, extract and send the files over to my server to find out they are not proprely formated or what not.

i apologise if this is a duplicate topic, i have not found anything specific for this in the forum yet. Thanks in advance for your time !

Edited by Ronin825

4 minutes ago, Ronin825 said:

HI, i have by the past installed the trinity core once or twice, but always did it on my main machine which ran Windows and never had any major issue, btw awesome work on the core, this is some awesome coding !

But now i am building a version on my home server which runs Ubuntu linux 17.10, but i will be running the client on my windows machine. and i never aquired a WoW linux client through wine or anything like that.

im at the step in the installation where i need to extract the dbc/Maps/Vmaps/Mmaps etc. from the WoW client to add them to my current ~/server/bin directory, but i since i dont have a client on my linux machine i was wondering how i coudl get thoses files. Do i have to compile a core on my Windows machine to get the tools and extract them from my windows client ? Will the files even be compatible ? I think they might, but i dont wanna go trough the process of compiling a core on my Win10 machine, extract and send the files over to my server to find out they are not proprely formated or what not.

i apologise if this is a duplicate topic, i have not found anything specific for this in the forum yet. Thanks in advance for your time !

put wow client on linux, extract, anyway, generated files are platform independent.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ronin825 said:

you mean copy my existing wow folder from windows to my linux machine or download a fresh WoW client on my linux server ?

also i forgot to mention that i dont have gui on the linux server, i manage it trough SSH terminal

the 1st, also you don't need gui to run tools.

• Upvote 1

I copied via an external HDD my WoW client to my linux server.

Now im facing 2 problems from what i read on the forum and my assumptions.

1) my ./mapextractor is returning this : 

root@S1:/media/UsbDrive/World of Warcraft# ./mapextractor
TrinityCore rev. 9c417089e32e 2018-02-25 16:09:01 +0100 (master branch) (Unix, RelWithDebInfo, Static) (Map & DBC Extractor)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
\/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \, _\  __  __
   \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
    \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
     \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
      \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
                                 C O R E  /\___/
http://TrinityCore.org                    \/__/

Error opening casc storage '/media/UsbDrive/World of Warcraft/Data': FILE_CORRUPT
No locales detected

2)  in the WoW client folder it seems the dbc is missing but it shoudl be there since i just finished patching the client to the most recent one from Battle.net client which is (7.3.5 ) i beleive.

is my Client corrupt or invalid, am i suppossed to get an older client ? If so, what exact version is the TrinityCore master repack supporting ?

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
I fixed the problem by :

- unistalling the client from my Windows machine and deleting all files associated

- re-Download the fully updated client (7.3.5.25996)
- Copying the Windows Client to the linux server

- using the extract tool
-mapextractor (proceeded 100% no errors), vmap extractor and assemblor (100% no error)
-mmapgenerator is still going At the moment, but its at 50% with no error so far.

-------------------------------------------------

Edited by Ronin825