TrinityCore

Error 1064 (42000) with create_mysql.sql script

Ronin825

Hi, im in the process of building the Mysql DB for the server ( Master Branch ) on Linux Ubuntu 17.10

i am using ssh to manage the server and so i use CLI to mange the Database. I pulled the " create_mysql.sql" script from the github page by using

""wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/master/sql/create/create_mysql.sql""

i launched my mysql CLI client with 
":mysql -uroot -p<password>" and attempted to run the script with "@create_mysql.sql" and it returned : 

mysql>@create_mysql.sql

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@create_mysql.sql' at line 1

is it possible the script is broken ? or did i miss something ?.....again. Thanks for your help and input.

also once i get it working, where am i suppossed to execute this script and unpack the TDB_FULL datbase. ?
in ~/TrinityCore/sql/base 
or ~/server/bin

Edited by Ronin825

48 minutes ago, Aokromes said:

Anywhere.

Thanks, i got it working and finalised my installl.

now i have to set up the client on my Windows machine. I was wondering if there was a way to only compile the connection patcher for the client since it seems to be the only thing i need to get it running.

isnt there a command in the makefile like : Make connectionPatcher or something, because it seems like a hassle to build the whole core and tools if im only going to use the connection patcher. 

or is there somewhere i can simply download the tool ?

Edited by Ronin825

38 minutes ago, Ronin825 said:

Thanks, i got it working and finalised my installl.

now i have to set up the client on my Windows machine. I was wondering if there was a way to only compile the connection patcher for the client since it seems to be the only thing i need to get it running.

isnt there a command in the makefile like : Make connectionPatcher or something, because it seems like a hassle to build the whole core and tools if im only going to use the connection patcher. 

or is there somewhere i can simply download the tool ?

you can compile only tools, witch includes connection patcher.

• Upvote 1