TrinityCore

CPU Load 100%

Bookkc

Hey, sorry for my english

I have old trinitycore server (like 2011) TC1

This core is important for me... So when the server is played by people, the processor is constantly loaded to 100% but when people get out of the server the load remains 100%

I tried on the test server, when I go to the instance itself, the processor is loaded somewhere between 10-20% But if I go out of the instance and write .in un all then the CPU load drops to normal 0%

So, how to make that server are reload all npc to start before the initial state, when the server is first started

If the server is without players, then there i processor is 0% load

1 hour ago, Bookkc said:

Hey, sorry for my english

I have old trinitycore server (like 2011) TC1

This core is important for me... So when the server is played by people, the processor is constantly loaded to 100% but when people get out of the server the load remains 100%

I tried on the test server, when I go to the instance itself, the processor is loaded somewhere between 10-20% But if I go out of the instance and write .in un all then the CPU load drops to normal 0%

So, how to make that server are reload all npc to start before the initial state, when the server is first started

If the server is without players, then there i processor is 0% load

If you want to use BC wow i suggest you tu switch to oregoncore.

maybe your TC1 version has a configuration to auto unload the Grid.
if yes, try to use it

an other realy common issue was bad scripted npc / bosses causing high cpu usage and prevent unloading instances in certain cases.

if you want a suggestion, try to dump your process if it runns on 100% and analyze it with a debugger (or better software) remember to compile with debug info.

good luck

depends on your OS, for windows i suggest to use visual studio, or if you want to analyze while your process is running you can try ProcessExplorer to get the high cpu thread and a part of the stack, but it depends much on the fact if you have one hot path for cpu usage or a combination of multiple problems. the second one is much harder to find.

but for clarification, those are giving you only some hints, you need to know how the code works (into deep) to get to the right code place.
(or compile in complete debug with debugger attached and performance session running, but this will make your core at least 10 times slower and laggy)

for other OS i can't give you a suggestion

EDIT: Are you running the old vmaps, or have you updated this core to newer vmaps (maybe including mmaps)?

4 hours ago, desteny said:

depends on your OS, for windows i suggest to use visual studio, or if you want to analyze while your process is running you can try ProcessExplorer to get the high cpu thread and a part of the stack, but it depends much on the fact if you have one hot path for cpu usage or a combination of multiple problems. the second one is much harder to find.

but for clarification, those are giving you only some hints, you need to know how the code works (into deep) to get to the right code place.
(or compile in complete debug with debugger attached and performance session running, but this will make your core at least 10 times slower and laggy)

for other OS i can't give you a suggestion

EDIT: Are you running the old vmaps, or have you updated this core to newer vmaps (maybe including mmaps)?

he is using a 7 years old unsupported core.