Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum not sure if this is the right place to post for assistance:/.

When i compile i get this error

2>------ Build started: Project: worldserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Embedding manifest...
2>mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "......binReleaseworldserver.exe". The parameter is incorrect.

2>worldserver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 14 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

this is the first time i get this error can anyone assist me with this please ?

Hey everyone. I'm quite sure that this is a core's problem since even via Cmake's update I can't fix this..
I ran into a huge problem that I can't recompile (for scripts) and I can't find Worldserver.exe and Authserver.exe
The error:
1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: revision.h, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: libmysql, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>     Creating library E:/build/dep/mysqllite/Release/libmysql.lib and object E:/build/dep/mysqllite/Release/libmysql.exp
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
4>------ Build started: Project: authserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>------ Build started: Project: worldserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>     Creating library E:/build/src/server/authserver/Release/authserver.lib and object E:/build/src/server/authserver/Release/authserver.exp
4>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
5>     Creating library E:/build/src/server/worldserver/Release/worldserver.lib and object E:/build/src/server/worldserver/Release/worldserver.exp
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
6>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
6>  Build all projects
7>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
7>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 3 failed, 16 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
I have NO idea what have I done (quite sure I've done nothing other than adding a transmog script that failed and since then...)
Can I have some help, please?

You have something not installed or you selected the wrong cmake configuration (assuming you are on Windows), also cmake isn't a compiler. It just generates the configuration so VS can compile.

http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Win#How-to_Win-SoftwareRequired

You need to install the VS and the Redistributable packges.

Just follow: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-to_Win

Keep getting this error need fix 

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:446 (execute_process):
execute_process given COMMAND argument with no value.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:48 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID_VENDOR)
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake:131 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID)
CMakeLists.txt:12 (project)

The C compiler identification is unknown

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:446 (execute_process):
execute_process given COMMAND argument with no value.
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:48 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID_VENDOR)
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake:127 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID)

The CXX compiler identification is unknown

Detected 32-bit platform

Using supplied MySQL sources

Found OpenSSL library: C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/ssleay32.lib;C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/lib/libeay32.lib

Found OpenSSL headers: C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenSSL-Win32/include

Looking for include file pthread.h

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake:37 (get_filename_component):
get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments
CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Looking for include file pthread.h - not found

Found Threads: TRUE

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindGit.cmake:24 (message):

Git was NOT FOUND on your system - did you forget to install a recent version, or setting the path to it?
Observe that for revision hash/date to work you need at least version 1.7
CMakeLists.txt:70 (find_package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

See also "C:/Users/Iblal/Desktop/Trinity/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "C:/Users/Iblal/Desktop/Trinity/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

I cannot get CMake to work as it keeps coming up with the message

'Error in configuration process, project files must be invalid.'

I have done it to the right instructions given in the guide but still won't work. I have re-downloaded everything and still won't work.

I am using microsoft visuals 2010 C++

Heres the error im getting in cmake and I cant seem to figure it out.

The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
The CXX compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.30319.1
Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10
Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):

The C compiler "c:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio

10.0/VC/bin/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/trinity3.3.5/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319MSBuild.exe

cmTryCompileExec3473250508.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug

/p:VisualStudioVersion=10.0

Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.18408

[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.18444]

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 3/13/2014 5:43:45 PM.

Project

"C:trinity3.3.5buildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec3473250508.vcxproj"

on node 1 (default targets).

PrepareForBuild:

Creating directory "cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebug".

Creating directory "C:trinity3.3.5buildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebug".

InitializeBuildStatus:

Creating "cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec3473250508.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.

ClCompile:

c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinCL.exe /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebug" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugvc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c

Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 16.00.30319.01 for 80x86

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

cl /c /Zi /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Debug"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebug" /Fd"cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugvc100.pdb" /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c

testCCompiler.c

ManifestResourceCompile:

C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft SDKsWindowsv7.0Abinrc.exe /nologo /fo"cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec3473250508.exe.embed.manifest.res" cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec3473250508_manifest.rc 

Link:

c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0VCbinlink.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:"C:trinity3.3.5buildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpDebugcmTryCompileExec3473250508.exe" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec3473250508.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:/trinity3.3.5/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec3473250508.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:/trinity3.3.5/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec3473250508.lib" /MACHINE:X86 cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugcmTryCompileExec3473250508.exe.embed.manifest.res

cmTryCompileExec3473250508.dirDebugtestCCompiler.obj /machine:X86 /debug 

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid

or corrupt

[C:trinity3.3.5buildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec3473250508.vcxproj]

Done Building Project

(default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

(default target) (1) ->

(Link target) -> 

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt [C:trinity3.3.5buildCMakeFilesCMakeTmpcmTryCompileExec3473250508.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)

1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.27

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/trinity3.3.5/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/trinity3.3.5/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Hello,

I'm new to trinitycore, c++ and building with xcode and I'm trying to compile the source on my mac 10.9.1 (64bit). I've done everything mentioned the how to - mac guide but I'm facing an issue here :

cmake finds mysql headers and mysql.h exists in /usr/include

$ cmake .. -GXcode -DMYSQL_ADD_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include -DMYSQL_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a -DREADLINE_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/include -DREADLINE_LIBRARY=/opt/lib/libreadline.dylib -DACE_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/include -DACE_LIBRARY=/opt/lib/libACE.dylib -DOPENSSL_SSL_LIBRARIES=/opt/lib/libssl.dylib -DOPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARIES=/opt/lib/libcrypto.dylib -DOPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/include -DPREFIX=/Users/Sagun/DEV/tcs -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.8 -DWITH_WARNINGS=1
-- Detected 64-bit platform
-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory
-- UNIX: Using default library directory
-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target
-- UNIX: Created uninstall target
-- UNIX: Detected compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
-- Clang: All warnings enabled
-- Found ACE library: /opt/lib/libACE.dylib
-- Found ACE headers: /opt/include
-- Found OpenSSL library: /opt/lib/libssl.dylib;/opt/lib/libcrypto.dylib
-- Found OpenSSL headers: /opt/include
-- Using mysql-config: /usr/bin/mysql_config
-- Found MySQL library: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a
-- Found MySQL headers: /usr/include
-- Found Readline library: /opt/lib/libreadline.dylib
-- Include dir is: /opt/include
-- Found git binary : /usr/bin/git

* TrinityCore revision   : 1a0b3e596bd9+ 2014-03-17 20:30:48 +0100 (master branch)
* TrinityCore buildtype  : Release

* Install core to        : /Users/Sagun/DEV/tcs
* Install libraries to   : /Users/Sagun/DEV/tcs/lib
* Install configs to     : /Users/Sagun/DEV/tcs/etc

* Build world/auth       : Yes (default)
* Build with scripts     : Yes (default)
* Build map/vmap tools   : No  (default)
* Build core w/PCH       : Yes (default)
* Build scripts w/PCH    : Yes (default)
* Show all warnings      : Yes
* Use coreside debug     : No  (default)
* Use GIT revision hash  : Yes

-- SCRIPT PREPARATIONS
  -> Prepared: Spells
  -> Prepared: Commands
  -> Prepared: Examples
  -> Prepared: Custom
  -> Prepared: World
  -> Prepared: Outdoor PVP Zones
  -> Prepared: Eastern Kingdoms
  -> Prepared: Kalimdor
  -> Prepared: Outland
  -> Prepared: Northrend
  -> Prepared: Events
  -> Prepared: Pet
-- SCRIPT PREPARATION COMPLETE

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build

but here :

$ sudo xcodebuild -target install -config Debug ARCHS="x86_64"
Password:
Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = x86_64

=== BUILD AGGREGATE TARGET ZERO_CHECK OF PROJECT TrinityCore WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

PhaseScriptExecution CMake Rules /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/TrinityCore.build/Debug/ZERO_CHECK.build/Script-F2077C37442F4345B49525E9.sh
    cd /Users/sagun/DEV/TrinityCore
    /bin/sh -c /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/TrinityCore.build/Debug/ZERO_CHECK.build/Script-F2077C37442F4345B49525E9.sh
echo ""

make -f /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/CMakeScripts/ReRunCMake.make
make[1]: `/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/CMakeFiles/cmake.check_cache' is up to date.

=== BUILD TARGET g3dlib OF PROJECT TrinityCore WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

=== BUILD AGGREGATE TARGET revision.h OF PROJECT TrinityCore WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

PhaseScriptExecution CMake Rules /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/genrev/TrinityCore.build/Debug/revision.h.build/Script-3EC98F2224374E3989439EE8.sh
    /bin/sh -c /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/genrev/TrinityCore.build/Debug/revision.h.build/Script-3EC98F2224374E3989439EE8.sh
echo ""

cd /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore && /usr/local/Cellar/cmake/2.8.12.2/bin/cmake -DNO_GIT=OFF -DGIT_EXEC=/usr/bin/git -DBUILDDIR=/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build -P /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/cmake/genrev.cmake

=== BUILD TARGET Detour OF PROJECT TrinityCore WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

=== BUILD TARGET Recast OF PROJECT TrinityCore WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

=== BUILD TARGET shared OF PROJECT TrinityCore WITH CONFIGURATION Debug ===

Check dependencies

ProcessPCH++ /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/5.0.2-5A3005/Xcode/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH-ebgjlrtmcmffvcafwhlrvusrfoco/sharedPCH.h.pch /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/PrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH.h normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x c++-header -arch x86_64 -fmessage-length=144 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-return-type -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-overloaded-virtual -Wno-exit-time-destructors -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-variable -Wunused-value -Wno-empty-body -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wno-constant-conversion -Wno-int-conversion -Wno-bool-conversion -Wno-enum-conversion -Wno-shorten-64-to-32 -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-c++11-extensions -DCMAKE_INTDIR="Debug" -DSCRIPTS -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wdeprecated-declarations -Winvalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.8 -g -Wno-sign-conversion -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/server/shared/Debug/include -I/opt/include -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/server/shared -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/dep/recastnavigation/Detour -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/dep/SFMT -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/dep/sockets/include -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/dep/utf8cpp -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Configuration -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Cryptography -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Database -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/DataStores -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Debugging -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Dynamic -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Logging -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Packets -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Threading -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Utilities -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/game/Entities/Object -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/server/shared/TrinityCore.build/Debug/shared.build/DerivedSources/x86_64 -I/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/server/shared/TrinityCore.build/Debug/shared.build/DerivedSources -Wmost -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-unknown-pragmas -F/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/build/src/server/shared/Debug -W -Wall -Wextra -Winit-self -Wfatal-errors -Woverloaded-virtual -D_BUILD_DIRECTIVE="Debug" --serialize-diagnostics /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/5.0.2-5A3005/Xcode/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH-ebgjlrtmcmffvcafwhlrvusrfoco/sharedPCH.h.dia -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/5.0.2-5A3005/Xcode/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH-ebgjlrtmcmffvcafwhlrvusrfoco/sharedPCH.h.d -c /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/PrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH.h -o /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/5.0.2-5A3005/Xcode/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH-ebgjlrtmcmffvcafwhlrvusrfoco/sharedPCH.h.pch
In file included from /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/PrecompiledHeaders/sharedPCH.h:6:
In file included from /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Database/SQLOperation.h:24:
In file included from /Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Database/QueryResult.h:25:
/Users/sagun/DEV/Trinitycore/src/server/shared/Database/Field.h:24:10: fatal error: 'mysql.h' file not found
#include <mysql.h>
         ^
1 error generated.

I ran about 3-4 different installations of mysql (using the .dmg install, brew install, and compiling it myself - currently using the self compiled version) and changed the paths appropriately but none of them helped fix this. Not sure what could be wrong here so for any help I'd be grateful.

Thank you for reading.

* TrinityCore revision : 1a0b3e596bd9+ 2014-03-17 20:30:48 +0100 (master branch)

Did you modify something? Your revision tells me otherwise..

Also, try searching, I know there is a guide for MAC, I think the MAC wiki may need to be updated. I actually had issues myself, currently on the latest Mavericks.

I just threw on a Linux box and played also with VS on Win7 box.

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic