Compile or cmake problems

Joy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However I still have an error while compiling with Visual...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_56.lib'

The libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_56.lib file is required both in authserver and worldserver.

Maybe the lib file in question is corrupt? Should I reinstall Boost then?

Or would it be another problem?

InnocenceLost

Firstly, I'm not posting this to http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/120-compile-or-cmake-problems/page-74 because it should be clear to see and the topic is messy.

It says on official README to use VS >= 2013 but does it need to be exact 2013 without updates? I'm asking because I've tried building it once before (a months ago or so) with VS2013Update3 and it had many errors and after reinstalling VS2013 without updates, it worked, so makes me confused for now. I'm going to download VS but need someone to clarify should it be with updates or not, don't want to run into more problems now, specially when going for 6.x. I'll build server on Linux VM later on, but so far I mainly need tools built for Windows and that's just easier for starting over.

Thanks in advance for reply.

I can almost guarantee that the errors you had (wish you had a error log of them so I could take a look) were not due to VS updates.

I have been using all updates of VS (including CTPs) and it does not generate any error.

error log
this was some time ago, I reinstalled my windows from that time. they were mainly due to my mysql/mariadb installation caused probably by cmake generation (3.x/2.8) for VS that didn't allow to build with wrongly configured solution, anyways

all updates of VS (including CTPs) and it does not generate any error
that's all fine then and I'll just use updated VS, thank you

Ok, tried reinstalling Boost 1.56, didn't change a thing.

I also tried using Boost 1.55, I just get another error :

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_55.lib'

Does anyone have any idea of what might cause this? :)

Thanks again for your consideration.

What did you do to install Boost?

@Nay

I installed the 64x version in the same directory as the x32 (in 1.55, as I had already tried both in 1.56), reconfigured with CMake and rebuilt with Visual but still have the same error LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_55.lib'.

This time I also got error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code 1104.    C:Program Files (x86)MSBuildMicrosoft.Cppv4.0V120Microsoft.CppCommon.targets.

I must admit I don't have a clue... :/

Edited by InnocenceLost

I'm wondering... Could it be because I modified some things in the CMakeList?

I changed/added some lines after reading someone on StackOverflow having a similar problem with boost, and fixing it like this... Maybe it should be treated differently for Trinity though...

Here's my CMakeList.txt (I put in red and bold what I modified/added) :

# Copyright © 2008-2014 TrinityCore

#
# This file is free software; as a special exception the author gives
# unlimited permission to copy and/or distribute it, with or without
# modifications, as long as this notice is preserved.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law; without even the
# implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

# Set projectname (must be done AFTER setting configurationtypes)
project(TrinityCore)

# CMake policies (can not be handled elsewhere)
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.9)
cmake_policy(SET CMP0005 OLD)
if(POLICY CMP0043)
cmake_policy(SET CMP0043 OLD) # Disable 'Ignore COMPILE_DEFINITIONS_ properties'
endif(POLICY CMP0043)

# add this options before PROJECT keyword
set(CMAKE_DISABLE_SOURCE_CHANGES ON)
set(CMAKE_DISABLE_IN_SOURCE_BUILD ON)

# Set RPATH-handing (CMake parameters)
set(CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH 0)
set(CMAKE_BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH 0)
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib")
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH 1)

# set macro-directory
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/macros")

SET(CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH ${CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH} "C:/local/boost_1_55_0")
SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH ${CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH} "C:/local/boost_1_55_0/lib")
FIND_PACKAGE(Boost)
IF (Boost_FOUND)
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR})
ADD_DEFINITIONS( "-DHAS_BOOST" )
ENDIF()

# build in Release-mode by default if not explicitly set
if( NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE )
set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE "Release")
endif()

include(CheckCXXSourceRuns)
include(CheckIncludeFiles)

# set default buildoptions and print them
include(cmake/options.cmake)

# turn off PCH totally if enabled (hidden setting, mainly for devs)
if( NOPCH )
set(USE_COREPCH 0)
set(USE_SCRIPTPCH 0)
endif()

include(CheckPlatform)

# basic packagesearching and setup (further support will be needed, this is a preliminary release!)
set(OPENSSL_EXPECTED_VERSION 1.0.0)

find_package(PCHSupport)
find_package(OpenSSL REQUIRED)
find_package(Threads REQUIRED)

set (ENV{BOOST_ROOT} "C:/local/boost_1_55_0")
find_package(MySQL REQUIRED)

if( UNIX )
find_package(Readline)
find_package(ZLIB)
find_package(BZip2)
endif()

if(NOT WITHOUT_GIT)
find_package(Git)
endif()

# Find revision ID and hash of the sourcetree
include(cmake/genrev.cmake)

# print out the results before continuing
include(cmake/showoptions.cmake)

# add dependencies
add_subdirectory(dep)

# add core sources
add_subdirectory(src)

Of course I was changing every 1_55 to 1_56 while using Boost 1_56 and vice-versa.

Edited by InnocenceLost

For the love of God and all things beautiful, do NOT change the TC build files especially if you are not sure what you are doing.

1. Revert all the changes you may have done (git reset --hard).
  2. Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-64.exe/download and install to C:/Boost
  3. Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.55.0-build2/boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-32.exe/download and install to C:/Boost
  4. Edit Windows Environment Variables and create one with the name BOOST_ROOT and value C:/Boost.

Hi

i use the last Core and all my program are up to date

But i'm stuck here with this error can't find the " mysql.h "

in " Field.H " and " QuestResult.h "

I do not know if the picture will help you understand

Sorry for the grammar i'm French

http://i58.tinypic.com/wbyyw4.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ebeuz4.png

Cordialy

+Unknown64:

1. Download mysql_lib.zip from https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/releases/download/TDB335.55/mysql_lib.zip
  2. Unzip  to C:/mysql_lib
  3. Open CMake-GUI
  4. Thick Advanced
  5. Set MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR to C:/mysql_lib/include
  6. Set MYSQL_LIBRARY to C:/mysql_lib/lib_64/libmysql.lib or C:/mysql_lib/lib_32/libmysql.lib depending if you are compiling in 64 or 32 bits.
  7. Run Configure & Generate
  8. Compile in VS

+Unknown64:

1. Download mysql_lib.zip from https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/releases/download/TDB335.55/mysql_lib.zip
  3. Open CMake-GUI
  4. Thick Advanced
  6. Set MYSQL_LIBRARY to C:/mysql_lib/lib_64/libmysql.lib or C:/mysql_lib/lib_32/libmysql.lib depending if you are compiling in 64 or 32 bits.
  8. Compile in VS

Hyay Thank you for the fast reply Nay

I did what you say

But now i got these :

http://i61.tinypic.com/2rc0sg6.jpg

Cordialy

+Unknown64: You are on the 6.x branch. The code in the 6.x branch is very unstable at this moment so compiler errors will appear often. You probably want to stay in the 3.3.5 branch: execute the command git checkout 3.3.5

Hi again!

I did as you told me to (I even re-pulled the whole source from git ), reconfigured, re-generated until now, no prob.

The funny part is when I try to recompile. x)

I got a nasty bunch of errors... :blink: (105 if you love numbers )

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_server_init@12 referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl MySQL::Library_Init(void)" (?Library_Init@MySQL@@SAXXZ) C:BuildsrcserverauthserverMain.obj authserver

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_server_end@0 referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl MySQL::Library_End(void)" (?Library_End@MySQL@@SAXXZ) C:BuildsrcserverauthserverMain.obj authserver
Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_ping@4 referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall PingOperation::Execute(void)" (?Execute@PingOperation@@EAE_NXZ) C:BuildsrcserverauthserverMain.obj authserver
Error 4 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_client_version@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::DatabaseWorkerPool(void)" (??0?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VLoginDatabaseConnection@@@@QAE@XZ) C:BuildsrcserverauthserverMain.obj authserver
Error 5 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_server_version@4 referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::OpenConnections(enum DatabaseWorkerPool::InternalIndex,unsigned char)" (?OpenConnections@?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VLoginDatabaseConnection@@@@AAE_NW4InternalIndex@1@E@Z) C:BuildsrcserverauthserverMain.obj authserver
Error 6 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_thread_safe@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::DatabaseWorkerPool(void)" (??0?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VLoginDatabaseConnection@@@@QAE@XZ) C:BuildsrcserverauthserverMain.obj authserver
Error 7 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_free_result@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall ResultSet::~ResultSet(void)" (??1ResultSet@@QAE@XZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 8 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_free_result@4 C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 9 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_fetch_row@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall ResultSet::NextRow(void)" (?NextRow@ResultSet@@QAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 10 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_fetch_field@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 11 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_fetch@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 12 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_store_result@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 13 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_bind_result@8 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 14 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_free_result@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall PreparedResultSet::CleanUp(void)" (?CleanUp@PreparedResultSet@@AAEXXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 15 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_error@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 16 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_error@4 C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 17 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_num_rows@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) authserver
Error 18 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_num_rows@4 C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 19 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_fetch_fields@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 20 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_field_count@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 21 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_affected_rows@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 22 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_errno@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 23 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_error@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(char const *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBD@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 24 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_thread_id@4 referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_HandleMySQLErrno(unsigned int)" (?_HandleMySQLErrno@MySQLConnection@@AAE_NI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 25 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_set_character_set@8 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 26 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_init@4 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 27 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_connect@32 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 28 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_query@8 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(char const *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBD@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 29 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_store_result@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 30 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_server_info@4 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 31 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_client_info@0 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 32 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_options@12 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 33 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_init@4 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall MySQLConnection::PrepareStatement(unsigned int,char const *,enum ConnectionFlags)" (?PrepareStatement@MySQLConnection@@IAEXIPBDW4ConnectionFlags@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 34 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_prepare@12 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall MySQLConnection::PrepareStatement(unsigned int,char const *,enum ConnectionFlags)" (?PrepareStatement@MySQLConnection@@IAEXIPBDW4ConnectionFlags@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 35 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_execute@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 36 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_bind_param@8 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 37 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_close@4 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall MySQLConnection::PrepareStatement(unsigned int,char const *,enum ConnectionFlags)" (?PrepareStatement@MySQLConnection@@IAEXIPBDW4ConnectionFlags@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 38 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_close@4 C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) authserver
Error 39 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_result_metadata@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(class PreparedStatement *,struct st_mysql_res * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@PAPAUst_mysql_res@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 40 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_field_count@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(class PreparedStatement *,struct st_mysql_res * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@PAPAUst_mysql_res@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 41 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_autocommit@8 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 42 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_more_results@4 referenced in function "public: class PreparedResultSet * __thiscall MySQLConnection::Query(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Query@MySQLConnection@@QAEPAVPreparedResultSet@@PAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 43 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_next_result@4 referenced in function "public: class PreparedResultSet * __thiscall MySQLConnection::Query(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Query@MySQLConnection@@QAEPAVPreparedResultSet@@PAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 44 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall MySQLConnection::~MySQLConnection(void)" (??1MySQLConnection@@UAE@XZ) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) authserver
Error 45 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_param_count@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall MySQLPreparedStatement::MySQLPreparedStatement(struct st_mysql_stmt *)" (??0MySQLPreparedStatement@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) authserver
Error 46 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_attr_set@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall MySQLPreparedStatement::MySQLPreparedStatement(struct st_mysql_stmt *)" (??0MySQLPreparedStatement@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverauthservershared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) authserver
Error 47 error LNK1120: 42 unresolved externals C:BuildbinReleaseauthserver.exe authserver
Error 48 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_server_init@12 referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl MySQL::Library_Init(void)" (?Library_Init@MySQL@@SAXXZ) C:BuildsrcserverworldserverMain.obj worldserver
Error 49 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_server_end@0 referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl MySQL::Library_End(void)" (?Library_End@MySQL@@SAXXZ) C:BuildsrcserverworldserverMain.obj worldserver
Error 50 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_client_version@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::DatabaseWorkerPool(void)" (??0?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VCharacterDatabaseConnection@@@@QAE@XZ) C:BuildsrcserverworldserverMain.obj worldserver
Error 51 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_server_version@4 referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::OpenConnections(enum DatabaseWorkerPool::InternalIndex,unsigned char)" (?OpenConnections@?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VCharacterDatabaseConnection@@@@AAE_NW4InternalIndex@1@E@Z) C:BuildsrcserverworldserverMain.obj worldserver
Error 52 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_thread_safe@0 referenced in function "public: __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::DatabaseWorkerPool(void)" (??0?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VCharacterDatabaseConnection@@@@QAE@XZ) C:BuildsrcserverworldserverMain.obj worldserver
Error 53 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_ping@4 referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall PingOperation::Execute(void)" (?Execute@PingOperation@@EAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservergame.lib(World.obj) worldserver
Error 54 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldserverscripts.lib(cs_misc.obj) worldserver
Error 55 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldserverscripts.lib(cs_wp.obj) worldserver
Error 56 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldservergame.lib(PlayerDump.obj) worldserver
Error 57 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldserverscripts.lib(cs_ban.obj) worldserver
Error 58 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldserverscripts.lib(cs_go.obj) worldserver
Error 59 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldserverscripts.lib(cs_gobject.obj) worldserver
Error 60 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 referenced in function "private: unsigned long __thiscall DatabaseWorkerPool::EscapeString(char *,char const *,unsigned long)" (?EscapeString@?$DatabaseWorkerPool@VCharacterDatabaseConnection@@@@AAEKPADPBDK@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservergame.lib(CharacterHandler.obj) worldserver
Error 61 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldservergame.lib(Pet.obj) worldserver
Error 62 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldservergame.lib(PetitionsHandler.obj) worldserver
Error 63 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_escape_string@16 C:Buildsrcserverworldservergame.lib(GroupHandler.obj) worldserver
Error 64 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_free_result@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall ResultSet::~ResultSet(void)" (??1ResultSet@@QAE@XZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 65 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_free_result@4 C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 66 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_fetch_row@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall ResultSet::NextRow(void)" (?NextRow@ResultSet@@QAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 67 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_fetch_field@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 68 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_fetch@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 69 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_store_result@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 70 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_bind_result@8 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 71 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_free_result@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall PreparedResultSet::CleanUp(void)" (?CleanUp@PreparedResultSet@@AAEXXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 72 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_error@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 73 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_error@4 C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 74 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_num_rows@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall PreparedResultSet::PreparedResultSet(struct st_mysql_stmt *,struct st_mysql_res *,unsigned __int64,unsigned int)" (??0PreparedResultSet@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@PAUst_mysql_res@@_KI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(QueryResult.obj) worldserver
Error 75 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_num_rows@4 C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 76 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_fetch_fields@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 77 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_field_count@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 78 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_affected_rows@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 79 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_errno@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 80 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_errno@4 C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(Transaction.obj) worldserver
Error 81 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_error@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(char const *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBD@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 82 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_thread_id@4 referenced in function "private: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_HandleMySQLErrno(unsigned int)" (?_HandleMySQLErrno@MySQLConnection@@AAE_NI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 83 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_set_character_set@8 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 84 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_init@4 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 85 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_real_connect@32 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 86 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_query@8 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(char const *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBD@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 87 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_store_result@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(char const *,struct st_mysql_res * *,struct st_mysql_field * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPBDPAPAUst_mysql_res@@PAPAUst_mysql_field@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 88 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_server_info@4 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 89 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_get_client_info@0 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 90 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_options@12 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 91 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_init@4 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall MySQLConnection::PrepareStatement(unsigned int,char const *,enum ConnectionFlags)" (?PrepareStatement@MySQLConnection@@IAEXIPBDW4ConnectionFlags@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 92 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_prepare@12 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall MySQLConnection::PrepareStatement(unsigned int,char const *,enum ConnectionFlags)" (?PrepareStatement@MySQLConnection@@IAEXIPBDW4ConnectionFlags@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 93 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_execute@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 94 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_bind_param@8 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Execute(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Execute@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 95 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_close@4 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall MySQLConnection::PrepareStatement(unsigned int,char const *,enum ConnectionFlags)" (?PrepareStatement@MySQLConnection@@IAEXIPBDW4ConnectionFlags@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 96 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_close@4 C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) worldserver
Error 97 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_result_metadata@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(class PreparedStatement *,struct st_mysql_res * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@PAPAUst_mysql_res@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 98 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_field_count@4 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::_Query(class PreparedStatement *,struct st_mysql_res * *,unsigned __int64 *,unsigned int *)" (?_Query@MySQLConnection@@QAE_NPAVPreparedStatement@@PAPAUst_mysql_res@@PA_KPAI@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 99 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_autocommit@8 referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall MySQLConnection::Open(void)" (?Open@MySQLConnection@@UAE_NXZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 100 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_more_results@4 referenced in function "public: class PreparedResultSet * __thiscall MySQLConnection::Query(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Query@MySQLConnection@@QAEPAVPreparedResultSet@@PAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 101 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_next_result@4 referenced in function "public: class PreparedResultSet * __thiscall MySQLConnection::Query(class PreparedStatement *)" (?Query@MySQLConnection@@QAEPAVPreparedResultSet@@PAVPreparedStatement@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 102 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_close@4 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall MySQLConnection::~MySQLConnection(void)" (??1MySQLConnection@@UAE@XZ) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) worldserver
Error 103 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_param_count@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall MySQLPreparedStatement::MySQLPreparedStatement(struct st_mysql_stmt *)" (??0MySQLPreparedStatement@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) worldserver
Error 104 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_stmt_attr_set@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall MySQLPreparedStatement::MySQLPreparedStatement(struct st_mysql_stmt *)" (??0MySQLPreparedStatement@@QAE@PAUst_mysql_stmt@@@Z) C:Buildsrcserverworldservershared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) worldserver
Error 105 error LNK1120: 43 unresolved externals C:BuildbinReleaseworldserver.exe worldserver

They all are LNK2019, LNK2001 and LNK1120.

(In the previous posts, one said : "Looks like you installed the lite version of mysql, which doesn't include the headers needed for compilation, something mentioned in the official guide on the wiki, as well as the many threads you claimed you couldn't find.". I'm currently checking which version of MySql I installed. :) )

Thanks again for your support and consideration! :)

Edited by InnocenceLost

+InnocenceLost, do this..

+Unknown64:

3. Open CMake-GUI
  4. Thick Advanced
  8. Compile in VS

Note: the libmysql.lib you pick matters so if you still get errors with one version of it try the other (you should always know if you are compiling in x86 or 64 bit mode).

I have searched all over the forum, in AC forums, in general Google, and cannot figure out what is wrong.

I have uploaded the screenshot, but to also make this post searchable, I will also type the system error message:

The program can't start because libzmq-v120-mt-4_0_4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

To try to fix this, I have done the following:

Install the 32 bit

Install the 64 bit

copy the specific dll to my release folder. First with the 32 bit, then the 64 bit.

I cannot get bnetserver or world to start, as both give this error. auth will start just fine though.

post-21965-0-47662400-1414294992_thumb.j

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic
  • Aokromes pinned and locked this topic
  • Aokromes featured and featured this topic
  • Aokromes pinned this topic