On a Asus Laptop /w an I5
Running Windows 8.1 Ent
VS 2013 Ultimate Update 4
Cmake 3.2.1
Boost 1.57
MySql Library Files from the Zip files Provided in installation instructions
OpenSSL 1.0.2a and
Zero MQ 4.0.4

I had an issue during CMAKE with the Regx on line 188 of FindOpenSSL which seemed to be fixed with a change to the regex.

After CMAKE completed the Compile in VS failed with what looks like 282 LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" preventing the auth,bnet and world server projects from compiling.

This appears at face value to be an issue with the linker locating the boost DLL's. The Linker for the AuthServer has the following external dependencies related to Boost and all three are valid paths.

C:localboost_1_57_0lib32-msvc-12.0libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_57.lib
C:localboost_1_57_0lib32-msvc-12.0libboost_thread-vc120-mt-1_57.lib
C:localboost_1_57_0lib32-msvc-12.0libboost_program_options-vc120-mt-1_57.lib

BOOST_ROOT is set in both the User and System Environment Variables.

The following is the full output text from a compile of just the Authserver.

1>------ Build started: Project: revision.h, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: authserver, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>shared.lib(Config.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(ByteBuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(Util.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(sharedPCH.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(Log.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(QueryResult.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(MySQLConnection.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>shared.lib(PreparedStatement.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>RealmList.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>AuthSession.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>authPCH.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl boost::throw_exception(class std::exception const &)" (?throw_exception@boost@@YAXABVexception@std@@@Z)
2>C:Buildsgithub.comTrinityCorebinReleaseauthserver.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

---Update 17/4/2015----

Uninstalled Boost and Cmake and started over ... results were the same after reinstall.

Uninstalled Boost and Installed Boost 1.54 Updated Environment variables. 1.54 does not have a msvc 12 and 11 was not located by  CMAKE presumably because it was set to VS 2013 (Note: Not sure the requirements shouldn't be updated to require Boost 1.55 minimum instead of the current 1.54).

Installed Boost 1.55 Updated Environment Variables. Cmake completed. Compile resulted in the same 282 link 2001 unresolved external error.

Reinstalled Boost 1.57 Situation unchanged 282 Link errors.

--Update 19/4/2015---
Wiped Build Folder and reran Cmake.

And reran the Build Successfully. The only changes were a few windows updates applied last night the only two that seem even possibly relavent were

KB3013769 and KB3013816 both Windows 8.1 updates or KB2934520 a .Net Framework update. However none of these are specifically related and the rest were all Office updates which seem even more unrelated but the issue now seems resolved.

Edited by Davuk

• 3 weeks later...

I have this problem I've updated all have linux debian 7.8 with 32 ram and also the latest in all the requirements requested to compile and I get this error might help me.

c++: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.

src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Configuration/Config.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Configuration/Config.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:639: recipe for target 'src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Hi all

I got this error mesage only on 4.3.4 branch:

Found OpenSSL library: optimized;C:/OpenSSL-Win64/lib/VC/ssleay32MD.lib;C:/OpenSSL-Win64/lib/VC/libeay32MD.lib;debug;C:/OpenSSL-Win64/lib/VC/ssleay32MDd.lib;C:/OpenSSL-Win64/lib/VC/libeay32MDd.lib
Found OpenSSL headers: C:/OpenSSL-Win64/include/openssl
CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:188 (file):

file STRINGS file "C:/OpenSSL-Win64/include/openssl/openssl/opensslv.h"

cannot be read.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:57 (find_package)

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:200 (list):

list GET given empty list

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:201 (list):

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:202 (list):

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:203 (list):

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:210 (math):

math cannot parse the expression: " + 96": syntax error, unexpected

exp_PLUS, expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBER (2)

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:214 (string):

string Character with code does not exist.

CMake Error at cmake/macros/EnsureVersion.cmake:76 (MATH):

math cannot parse the expression: "..*10000 + ..*100 + 0": syntax error,

unexpected exp_TIMES, expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBER (3)

cmake/macros/EnsureVersion.cmake:95 (NORMALIZE_VERSION)

cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:221 (ENSURE_VERSION)

CMake Error at cmake/macros/FindOpenSSL.cmake:223 (message):

TrinityCore needs OpenSSL version 1.0.0 but found version ..

I have both version of OpenSSL 32/64bits.

and "opensslv.h" is there and its okay ...

The problem is in "Found OpenSSL headers: C:/OpenSSL-Win64/include/openssl"

The header directory should be "C:/OpenSSL-Win64/include/"

Thanks but it's not that

all come form the macro "FindOpenSSL.cmake"

where "REGEX "^#define[t ]+OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER[t ]+0x[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].*")"

should be "REGEX "^# *define[t ]+OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER[t ]+0x[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].*")"

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error with latest revision of trinity 3.3.5, 32 bit, compiling under windows. Ran cmake multiple times, cloned the source over and over again.

Error	1	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	shared
Error	2	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory (C:wotlkTrinityCoresrcservercollisionManagementMMapManager.cpp)	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	collision
Error	3	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory (C:wotlkTrinityCoresrcservercollisionModelsGameObjectModel.cpp)	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	collision
Error	4	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	game
Error	5	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	scripts
Error	6	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	authserver
Error	7	error LNK1181: cannot open input file '....servercollisionReleasecollision.lib'	C:woltk_cppsrctoolsvmap4_assemblerLINK	vmap4assembler
Error	8	error LNK1181: cannot open input file '....servercollisionReleasecollision.lib'	C:woltk_cppsrctoolsmmaps_generatorLINK	mmaps_generator
Error	9	error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'binary_log_types.h': No such file or directory	c:mysqlincludemysql_com.h	22	1	worldserver

Reinstalled all the required software - the same result. Similar issue was mentioned here:

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/8283

It is however 3 years old, not sure if it's relevant. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

Edit: just a second ago I tries compiling trinity 6.x and ended up getting the same errors - it's definetely my error. Any ideas what I might have botched? 3.3.5 compiled fine a few days ago, now I get this :/.

Edited by kelhorn

i want compile this core but crashed on make

[  0%] [  1%] Built target Detour
Built target Recast
[  3%] Built target jemalloc
[  7%] [  7%] Built target g3dlib
[  7%] Built target format
Built target gsoap
[  8%] Built target zmqpp
[ 10%] Built target casc
[ 10%] Built target collisionPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 10%] Built target sharedPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 10%] Built target gamePCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 11%] Built target ipc
[ 11%] Built target bnetPCH.cpp_dephelp
[ 11%] [ 12%] Built target ScriptPCH.cpp_dephelp
Built target worldPCH.cpp_dephelp
Linking CXX executable mapextractor
[ 12%] Built target generate_sharedPCH.cpp
Linking CXX executable vmap4extractor
[ 12%] Built target generate_gamePCH.cpp
[ 13%] Built target generate_collisionPCH.cpp
[ 13%] Built target generate_bnetPCH.cpp
[ 13%] Built target generate_ScriptPCH.cpp
[ 13%] Built target generate_worldPCH.cpp
[ 13%] Built target revision.h
[ 13%] Built target mapextractor
[ 13%] Built target vmap4extractor
[ 13%] [ 13%] Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/SHA1.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Configuration/Config.cpp.o

c++: interner Compiler-Fehler: Speicherzugriffsfehler (Programm cc1plus)
Bitte senden Sie einen vollständigen Fehlerbericht auf Englisch ein;
bearbeiten Sie die Quellen zunächst mit einem Präprozessor, wenn es
dienlich ist.
dienlich ist.
src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/build.make:77: recipe for target 'src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/SHA1.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Cryptography/SHA1.cpp.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Configuration/Config.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/Configuration/Config.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:695: recipe for target 'src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
[ 13%] [ 13%] [ 13%] Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Accounts/RBAC.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Accounts/BattlenetAccountMgr.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/gamePCH.cpp.o

dienlich ist.
dienlich ist.
src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/build.make:77: recipe for target 'src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Accounts/RBAC.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Accounts/RBAC.cpp.o] Error 4
src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target 'src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Accounts/BattlenetAccountMgr.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Accounts/BattlenetAccountMgr.cpp.o] Error 4
dienlich ist.
src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/gamePCH.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/PrecompiledHeaders/gamePCH.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:784: recipe for target 'src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all] Error 2
[ 13%] [ 13%] [ 14%] [ 14%] Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_shaman.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_hunter.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_rogue.cpp.o
Building CXX object src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_druid.cpp.o

dienlich ist.
dienlich ist.
src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_shaman.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_shaman.cpp.o] Error 4
src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/build.make:77: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_hunter.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_hunter.cpp.o] Error 4
dienlich ist.
src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_rogue.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_rogue.cpp.o] Error 4

dienlich ist.
src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/build.make:123: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_druid.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/Spells/spell_druid.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1264: recipe for target 'src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/server/scripts/CMakeFiles/scripts.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

what is the problem?

Is there a way to compile the core without visual studio? I have quite an old computer (Vista) and cant install the latest VS IDE.. I was able to compile on linux however running WoW through wine is a pain on my computer and lags to hell.. Anyway to get around VS2013 dependency? 

I was able to compile on linux however running WoW through wine is a pain on my computer and lags to hell..

If it's 3.3.5a it should run fine under wine, maybe you need to add some rows in your Config.wtf file. I don't have it at hand now, but I'm sure you can easily find tutorials on Google about how to increase wow fps under wine.

Maybe you can try to to compile with MinGW (but im sure that it needs some code adaptions).

The better solution would be to upgrade your system to Windows 7/8.1 which requires less resources then Vista.

I see, i did manage to get wow working through wine using the config edits but my computers just bad lol tryed to find an alternative for the primitiveness of my comp.Ill manage wht i have for now, atleast i can develop locally lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have this problem I've updated all have linux debian 7.8 with 32 ram and also the latest in all the requirements requested to compile and I get this error might help me.

c++: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:639: recipe for target 'src/server/shared/CMakeFiles/shared.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

​Bad swap could be the issue, but not in later revs of g++. I had the same issue. Upgraded my VPN to 8 Gigs of Ram. Same issue. Reverted to 512MB and ran 

sudo apt-get upgrade g++ gcc

and deleted my build folder than reran cmake. No issues afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, this is my first post, but I've been a long time user running TrinityCore with Gentoo Linux. I've recently migrated my server from Gentoo to FreeBSD 10.1 however, and have run into some compilation issues. I'm aware of Issue 3690 and don't think it applies to me (applied the patch anyways) but I still get an error. I have tried both clang and gcc but end up with the exact error with G3D. Also, after scouring the forums, I found another member, borg0tech, had a similar issue, but was left unresolved. Is there any tips to get this going or is compiling under FreeBSD a lost cause? This is with the latest 3.3.5a git pull. Thanks in advance!

CMAKE

cmake ../ -DSCRIPTS=1 -DTOOLS=1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/trinitycore/server -DCONFDIR=/opt/trinitycore/server/etc -DLIBSDIR=/opt/trinitycore/server/lib -DUSE_COREPCH=1 -DUSE_SCRIPTPCH=1 -DWITH_WARNINGS=1
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 4.8.4
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.8.4
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc48
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc48 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/g++48
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/g++48 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Detected 64-bit platform
-- UNIX: Using default configuration directory
-- UNIX: Configuring uninstall target
-- UNIX: Created uninstall target
-- UNIX: Detected compiler: /usr/local/bin/gcc48
-- GCC: Enabled c++11 support
-- GCC: Enabled C99 support
-- GCC: SFMT enabled, SSE2 flags forced
-- GCC: All warnings enabled
-- Found OpenSSL library: /usr/local/lib/libssl.so;/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so
-- Found OpenSSL headers: /usr/local/include
-- Looking for include file pthread.h
-- Looking for include file pthread.h - found
-- Looking for pthread_create
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Boost version: 1.55.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
--   filesystem
--   thread
--   program_options
--   iostreams
-- Performing Test boost_filesystem_copy_links_without_NO_SCOPED_ENUM
-- Performing Test boost_filesystem_copy_links_without_NO_SCOPED_ENUM - Failed
-- Using mysql-config: /usr/local/bin/mysql_config
-- Found MySQL library: /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
-- Found MySQL headers: /usr/local/include/mysql
-- Found MySQL executable: /usr/local/bin/mysql
-- Found Readline library: /usr/lib/libreadline.so
-- Include dir is: /usr/include
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/libz.so (found version "1.2.8")
-- Found BZip2: /usr/lib/libbz2.so (found version "1.0.6")
-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib/libbz2.so
-- Looking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in /usr/lib/libbz2.so - found
-- Found git binary : /usr/local/bin/git

* TrinityCore revision   : 23e4472d14bb 2015-07-06 22:25:34 +0100 (3.3.5 branch)
* TrinityCore buildtype  : Release

* Install core to        : /opt/trinitycore/server
* Install libraries to   : /opt/trinitycore/server/lib
* Install configs to     : /opt/trinitycore/server/etc

* Build world/auth       : Yes (default)
* Build with scripts     : Yes (default)
* Build map/vmap tools   : Yes
* Build core w/PCH       : Yes (default)
* Build scripts w/PCH    : Yes (default)
* Show all warnings      : Yes
* Use coreside debug     : No  (default)
* Show source tree       : No  (default)
* Use GIT revision hash  : Yes

-- Looking for open
-- Looking for open - found
-- SCRIPT PREPARATIONS
  -> Prepared: Spells
  -> Prepared: Commands
  -> Prepared: Custom
  -> Prepared: World
  -> Prepared: Outdoor PVP Zones
  -> Prepared: Eastern Kingdoms
  -> Prepared: Kalimdor
  -> Prepared: Outland
  -> Prepared: Northrend
  -> Prepared: Events
  -> Prepared: Pet
-- SCRIPT PREPARATION COMPLETE

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

CONFDIR

-- Build files have been written to: /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/build

MAKE

Scanning dependencies of target g3dlib
[  0%] Building CXX object dep/g3dlite/CMakeFiles/g3dlib.dir/source/AABox.cpp.o
In file included from /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/dep/g3dlite/include/G3D/Array.h:20:0,
                 from /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/dep/g3dlite/include/G3D/AABox.h:20,
                 from /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/dep/g3dlite/source/AABox.cpp:14:
/opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/dep/g3dlite/include/G3D/System.h:114:20: error: field 'm_start' has incomplete type
     struct timeval m_start;
                    ^
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/build
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/build
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /opt/trinitycore/source/TrinityCore/build

• Aokromes changed the title to Compile or cmake problems
  • Aokromes locked this topic
  • Carbenium unlocked this topic