TrinityCore

[MySQL] Ubuntu 18.04

Mr. Blazzar

Hi there.

I recently had to do various systems upgrades, and me being stupid, i ended up updating the mysql server i had installed to 5.7.25.

This leds to trinitycore not running due to incompatible versions. However, I am unable to re-install version 5.6

sudo apt-get install mysql-server-5.6 appears to be gone, and now refers to 5.7, according to my terminal. Am i missing something? I tried manually download it from their site, and installing the depdencies 1 by 1, but its a huge pain and so far no success.

Anyone have the correct approach?

As when i follow the linux requirements on the wiki, it re-installs 5.7.x

thanks in advance

19 hours ago, Mr. Blazzar said:

Hi there.

I recently had to do various systems upgrades, and me being stupid, i ended up updating the mysql server i had installed to 5.7.25.

This leds to trinitycore not running due to incompatible versions. However, I am unable to re-install version 5.6

sudo apt-get install mysql-server-5.6 appears to be gone, and now refers to 5.7, according to my terminal. Am i missing something? I tried manually download it from their site, and installing the depdencies 1 by 1, but its a huge pain and so far no success.

Anyone have the correct approach?

As when i follow the linux requirements on the wiki, it re-installs 5.7.x

thanks in advance

MySQL over 5.7 is UNSUPPORTED, you will need to patch TrinityCore sources to make TrinityCore work over MySQL 5.7.

OVER  not 5.7 and over.

• 5 weeks later...