TrinityCore

SQL Salt Error with authserver

technic88

• 1 month later...

I've run into this same problem. only i am a little fuzzy on how to properly update my database.  ( new to Databases ) usually when i update my core i compare the databases on the workstation i use to assemble the core with the database on my virtual server, Create an SQL file to update the database on my Virtual server then move everything over. Up until now that seems to have worked just fine.  however with the removal of the the sha_pass_hash i'm not sure how ( or if it can be done ) to keep / convert the passwords for all the accounts to the new format.  any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

On 10/8/2020 at 4:43 PM, Frayre said:

I've run into this same problem. only i am a little fuzzy on how to properly update my database.  ( new to Databases ) usually when i update my core i compare the databases on the workstation i use to assemble the core with the database on my virtual server, Create an SQL file to update the database on my Virtual server then move everything over. Up until now that seems to have worked just fine.  however with the removal of the the sha_pass_hash i'm not sure how ( or if it can be done ) to keep / convert the passwords for all the accounts to the new format.  any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Ignore this... i figured it out

• 3 weeks later...