TrinityCore

Trouble with database installation guide

DaveJ61

I have followed the guide more or less ok until it came to populating the MySQL Trinity databases in the guide https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130092/Databases+Installation as below:-

From the unpacked 7z folder copy the SQL files that start with "TDB_world_" and "TDB_hotfixes_" (master branch only) to the directory where your worldserver binary (worldserver on linux or mac, worldserver.exe on windows) is (DON'T RENAME THOSE FILES OR AUTOMATIC SETUP WILL FAIL).

In the guide, the line "Download the latest database compilation from TrinityCore Downloads (you may need to click on Next at page footer to see the proper TDB files).!" does not make sense as it just gives several pages of different versions, each with three assets, namely a TDB sql file and two source files, either in zip or tar.gz formats. If I download the 7z file, TDB_full_world_335.21021_2021_02_15.7z, it just extracts to a single large sql file. I am on the master branch and there are no TDB_world_ or TDB_hotfixes files at all. This does not seem correct according to the guide I am using. The database installation guide I am using is dated May 6th 202. Is there a newer guide available?

Could someone please help?

9 hours ago, DaveJ61 said:

I have followed the guide more or less ok until it came to populating the MySQL Trinity databases in the guide https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130092/Databases+Installation as below:-

From the unpacked 7z folder copy the SQL files that start with "TDB_world_" and "TDB_hotfixes_" (master branch only) to the directory where your worldserver binary (worldserver on linux or mac, worldserver.exe on windows) is (DON'T RENAME THOSE FILES OR AUTOMATIC SETUP WILL FAIL).

In the guide, the line "Download the latest database compilation from TrinityCore Downloads (you may need to click on Next at page footer to see the proper TDB files).!" does not make sense as it just gives several pages of different versions, each with three assets, namely a TDB sql file and two source files, either in zip or tar.gz formats. If I download the 7z file, TDB_full_world_335.21021_2021_02_15.7z, it just extracts to a single large sql file. I am on the master branch and there are no TDB_world_ or TDB_hotfixes files at all. This does not seem correct according to the guide I am using. The database installation guide I am using is dated May 6th 202. Is there a newer guide available?

Could someone please help?

you have download 3.3.5a branch db, you are trying to find master branch only file. 

Not sure if I understand what you have said. I have downloaded the 3.3.5a branch db as I have downloaded the 3.3.5a server.... 

I do not see anylink to download TDB_full_*.7z the green Download button...

I'm a systems engineer and the following is confusing, even to me. Might be fine for someone who has done this before or wrote it......

Downloading the database

Download the latest database compilation from TrinityCore Downloads (you may need to click on Next at page footer to see the proper TDB files).  - Nope - not seeing this...

• Note that there are different database compilations available for different branches of TrinityCore, for example 3.3.5 and master.

Click the database release you want to download, scroll down to the bottom and you should see a link to download TDB_full_*.7z the green Download button on top right next to right column.

• You want to download the file in .7z format - that is the database download and the others are not
  • The file is in .7z format, so you will need an archive program like 7zip to unpack it.

Important

Usually there are multiple .sql files to choose from in the .7z archive.   - There is one.... TDB_full_world_335.21021_2021_02_15.7z - which contains just one sql file...

If this is your first time installing TrinityCore, you will ONLY need the file/s with the name starting by "TDB_full" on the directory where your worldserver binary (worldserver on linux or mac, worldserver.exe on windows) is located.

(the files inside updates are made to update from older TDB revisions without having to apply every file if you have autoupdater disabled and you don't update between TDB releases (NOT RECOMMENDED)).

Edited by DaveJ61

2 hours ago, DaveJ61 said:

Not sure if I understand what you have said. I have downloaded the 3.3.5a branch db as I have downloaded the 3.3.5a server.... 

I do not see anylink to download TDB_full_*.7z the green Download button...

I'm a systems engineer and the following is confusing, even to me. Might be fine for someone who has done this before or wrote it......

Downloading the database

Download the latest database compilation from TrinityCore Downloads (you may need to click on Next at page footer to see the proper TDB files).  - Nope - not seeing this...

• Note that there are different database compilations available for different branches of TrinityCore, for example 3.3.5 and master.

Click the database release you want to download, scroll down to the bottom and you should see a link to download TDB_full_*.7z the green Download button on top right next to right column.

• You want to download the file in .7z format - that is the database download and the others are not
  • The file is in .7z format, so you will need an archive program like 7zip to unpack it.

Important

Usually there are multiple .sql files to choose from in the .7z archive.   - There is one.... TDB_full_world_335.21021_2021_02_15.7z - which contains just one sql file...

If this is your first time installing TrinityCore, you will ONLY need the file/s with the name starting by "TDB_full" on the directory where your worldserver binary (worldserver on linux or mac, worldserver.exe on windows) is located.

(the files inside updates are made to update from older TDB revisions without having to apply every file if you have autoupdater disabled and you don't update between TDB releases (NOT RECOMMENDED)).

what you must download:

sbMKInO.png

Ah, right thanks you. This is what I had already downloaded but wasn't sure as the guide appears to indicate differently.

But also, this 7z file contains just one file .sql file - TDB_full_world_335.21021_2021_02_15.sql. Not "TDB_world_" and "TDB_hotfixes_" files as the guide would have people expect.

Anyway, after confirming this, I now have a working server. Thanks for your help.

16 hours ago, DaveJ61 said:

Ah, right thanks you. This is what I had already downloaded but wasn't sure as the guide appears to indicate differently.

But also, this 7z file contains just one file .sql file - TDB_full_world_335.21021_2021_02_15.sql. Not "TDB_world_" and "TDB_hotfixes_" files as the guide would have people expect.

Anyway, after confirming this, I now have a working server. Thanks for your help.

again, hotfixes is master branch only. anyway i reworded that.