TrinityCore

Helping a Newbie get started

jkeeton

This probly has been asked before. I am looking into building a server. I have compiled before but never figured out a few things and have forgotten stuff after a head injury.

1 how does one get the compiled server to work with client x.x.x lets just say 5.0.x, where does this get set in the core before compile ?

2 how does one get the spells fix along with quest is this done in the core before compiling or is this done in the data base?

3 once knew how to pull the maps ect but have now forgotten can this also be explained and told what tools are needed?

any help would be great.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, jkeeton said:

This probly has been asked before. I am looking into building a server. I have compiled before but never figured out a few things and have forgotten stuff after a head injury.

1 how does one get the compiled server to work with client x.x.x lets just say 5.0.x, where does this get set in the core before compile ?

2 how does one get the spells fix along with quest is this done in the core before compiling or is this done in the data base?

3 once knew how to pull the maps ect but have now forgotten can this also be explained and told what tools are needed?

any help would be great.

trinitycore only supports 3.3.5a and 9.1.5, other clients versions support needs mayor modifications to server source and aren't supported.