TrinityCore

Is it stable? ...

msholto

The use of valgrind is not recommended for production servers it kills performance a lot, you need a dedicated machine and very low pop to test it.

i have 2 servers Aokromes, wich we can use for testing, its dedicated and nobody on, but only me and some buddies..

But i see Kaelima respond allready that another mem lea is fixed.

i updated core so lets see how it goes, i have my monitoring tool on, so hopefully we get a nice graph now, and nice uptime of the core ^^

• Upvote 1

BTW, if you wanna try on a secondary dedicate server you can start core with http://www.trinitycore.info/How-to:Advanced:Valgrind i suggest you to disable every log and leave valgrind running for a day or so. IDK how much pop a dedicate machine can allow to test with valgrind, i tried to do one 10 man raid under a vm and the party lagged like hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@maestro & @Aokromes

rev : 856a5b62fb310f99852a6047dce321be18c06200 is stable and anti cheat / and other custom patches are there already?

I'm sorry I'm new to this.. just wanted to know.

with rev: 856a5b62fb310f99852a6047dce321be18c06200 I'll have to patch it with the memory leak with a3f9eee4e5653f2b019d41b1c9ffe69074bb6fcf commit?

coz the latest tc core is highly unstable with the wintergrasp bg... gives bg error and server down each 1 hour @ most of 600 players...

Kindly give your wise advise..

Cheers!

Edited by kodey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Trinity core community,

I am having a problem with my compile, I start it up but the problem is that the worldserver.exe doesn't load commands and when I go in game it doesn't work. I tried many commands, like the basics: .gm on, .command, etc. I need help please, I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, Microsoft Visuals C++ 2008 Express Edition, last version of Cmake, mysql, OpenSSL and last version of Trinity Core (I updated it today).

Thanks, Dawnbrightsu

when there is a truly stable revision i will announce it peopel, or Aokromes must be faster :P

But nowadays you might be happy if you have between 6 to 18 hours uptime.

Its not bad ( like crashing every 30 minutes ) but its not like it used to be a few months ago like my previous comment.

but you can always test it yourself guys, no need to wait for me or another person to announce what could be a stable rev. or not.

thats simple, i dont think you have alot of people online, that what makes the difference, more people means more change that something will be triggered and will cause a crash.

offcourse if you have 2 peepz online you will have weeks of uptime, because a crash is almost never triggered, that doesnt make it a good idea for testing stability.

stability can only be tested under load ( alot of players ).

hope you get my point.

I don't have the high pop of maestro but....

TrinityCore rev. 4e1a4b3ce4d5+ 2013-03-17 18:19:15 +0000 (master branch) (Unix, None)

Online players: 23 (max: 77)

Active connections: 25 (max: 83) Queued connections: 0 (max: 0)

Server uptime: 5 Day(s) 24 Minute(s) 9 Second(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Time to kill good uptime :)

TrinityCore rev. b78885622078+ 2013-03-26 21:52:00 +0100 (master branch) (Unix, None)

Online players: 21 (max: 73)

Active connections: 26 (max: 82) Queued connections: 0 (max: 0)

Server uptime: 6 Day(s) 16 Hour(s) 41 Minute(s) 11 Second(s).

• 4 weeks later...