TrinityCore

"unknown column" "missing table" "duplicate column" error / sql problems / SQLDriverLogFile < answer on 1st post of 1st page

Apple

I think the main problem comes from the fact that new developers to this project wants to start on the HEAD revision and not some 6 months oldish code just because the database wasn't updated. Now, I know you're going to say the same thing, that "if you are a developer you can figure it out bla bla bla...". That is just disingenuous. Why do we have to spend time to fix the database when the HEAD revision compiles just fine? Why is it so hard to keep the database sync with the HEAD revision?

Its really not because we can't figure it out, its just wasted time that could be used doing something else more helpful.

I stand by my "lazy developer" comment. If you don't have time or can't be bothered with filtering things out of a repository open to the public, that is NOT the communities problem. Own up to it. Admit your failings. Real life does take priority, but don't lie about why you have obviously wrong things in places that YOU have control over. Take responsibility. Stop placing the blame on other people.

As for myself, I am operational on the HEAD of the 4.3.4 branch (well, my fork is, anyway). I have a couple patches on my fork that haven't made it to the Trinity repository. One of the patches I was applying has been added, but it wasn't a patch that I created (I only contributed to that patch being made by way of an issue ticket). I also have a bit of DB content from other sources (myself for some, but not all).

No, the guides aren't broken, they state for 4.3.4 branch you must stay on the last sync revision. Also if you have low knowledge of sql (like myself) you can make yourself the core work on 4.3.4 head, it's not hard at all to start core and look the startup errors asking you for sql structure/new tables, if with that they can't figure what to do, i must say sorry, stop using computer because you are to stupid to read.

First of all, developers who actually know how to code can easily figure out any code and SQL errors.

Why do people continue to spread this misinformation? This is one of the most absurd things I keep seeing around here.

A person who can code in C++, PHP, C#, Java, J++, Perl, Basic, etc., etc. does not necessarily know the first thing about SQL. That should not automatically discount them as a contributing member of the project.

The point of an open source project is to encourage contributions and help people in their weak areas. If someone comes along who knows C++ but not SQL, there should be a guide that is understandable enough for them to get up and running and if they can't understand something, they should be able to come to Help & Support without being told they're stupid and should shut off their computer.

What if the issue was reversed, what if an SQL "master" came along but couldn't get the core to compile to test their fixes. Would you say "Anyone who knows SQL should be able to compile a C++ program or they shouldn't be using a computer"?

Ridiculous.

You do realize that even in major companies like Blizzard, not everyone knows how to do everything, right? When you're part of a team you still participate in areas where you might be weaker than someone. It's called teamwork.

PS:

I should probably stop banging my head against this wall.

• Upvote 1

Here is how I got my database to be updated for the HEAD revision of TrinityCore 4.3.4:

Now I don't have the knowledge to be sure this didn't break the database. The above steps generated no errors/warnings whatsoever. The server starts and seems to run properly. But how can I be sure?

That is exactly how I did it following the same logic and everything seems to work very well (at least for an alpha). 

The only scenario in which I find this a bad way to do it is only if the devs created bugged sql code after TrinityCore_4.3.4_DB_Alpha which executed without error but damaged the DB.

EDIT: deleted a link.

Edited by Aokromes
Delete incorrect method.

And again, you have fucked your database deleting existing spawns/adding incorrect scripts to incorrect mobs YOU CAN'T apply every sql blindly only skipping 3.3.5a marked ones.

Then I guess we have no other choice but to use the synced DB/core and wait for a next revision.

When I attempted to connect my 4.3.4 server to the database I recieved the familiar

2012-07-11 16:47:10 ERROR: DatabasePool world NOT opened. There were errors opening the MySQL connections. Check your SQLDriverLogFile for specific errors.
2012-07-11 16:47:10 ERROR: Cannot connect to world database 127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;world

error. I read through the FAQ, I have set up a number of 3.3.5 servers over the last year and a half, I knew it had to do with DB updates, so I followed the guide at: http://collab.kpsn.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1704351

Yet, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the server to connect. On a hunch, I decided to pull the sql files from /sql/updates/world, which I knew the guide said explicitly not to. When I did, I recieved a ton of errors in my SQL console, but now the world server was connecting to the DB. The data is completely non functional, even worse than the usual alpha bugs the 4.3.4 branch has, but I'm wondering why did it only connect when I imported updates I'm not supposed to import? How do I get it to connect with the proper DB?

Edited by Ness199X
  • Upvote 1

Greetings !

I have fallowed the guide on Debian 7 installing &compiling trinitycore

I have done every step

Compile went good, no errors

When i try to start auth&worldserver i get this error

TrinityCore rev. d291519d3804 2014-02-20 17:36:23 +0100 (master branch) (Unix, Release) (authserver)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/conf/authserver.conf.
OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013 (Library: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)
Opening DatabasePool 'auth'. Asynchronous connections: 1, synchronous connections: 1.
MySQL client library: 5.5.35
MySQL server ver: 5.5.35-0+wheezy1 
Connected to MySQL database at 62.75.165.34
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 70, sql: "SELECT c.country FROM ip2nationCountries c, ip2nation i WHERE i.ip < ? AND c.code = i.country ORDER BY i.ip DESC LIMIT 0,1"
Table 'auth.ip2nationCountries' doesn't exist
DatabasePool auth NOT opened. There were errors opening the MySQL connections. Check your SQLDriverLogFile for specific errors.
Cannot connect to database

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/conf/worldserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)
Using ACE version: 6.0.3
TrinityCore rev. d291519d3804 2014-02-20 17:36:23 +0100 (master branch) (Unix, Release) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/__  _       __          __/ __
/_/ / _ __ /_    ___ /_ , _  __  __
    /`'__/ /' _ `/ / / /
    / / / _ _
      _ _   _ _ _ _ __/`____
      /_//_/   /_//_//_//_//__/ `/___/>
                                 C O R E  /___/
http://TrinityCore.org                    /__/

DatabasePool auth NOT opened. There were errors opening the MySQL connections. Check your SQLDriverLogFile for specific errors.
Cannot connect to login database127.0.0.1;3306;MYACCOUNTHERE;MYPASSWORDHERE;auth

Also i have to mention that i have tried to replace the ip with the host's ip and no work.
Also i would like to add that i can connect with MYACCOUNTHERE and MYPASSWORD here to mysql and all dbs are just fine AND up-to-date.
Please help.
Thanks

Alright, so I rebased my TrinityCore repo to the last sync version (14d80d269dd7f9624983bc5a610e511f31ed33f0), I imported TDB 4.3.4, then ran the updates from the TrinityCore_4.3.4_DB_Alpha repo, then imported the world updates from the rebased TrinityCore repo... And Worldserver.exe still won't connect to the db. I drop the db, and tried doing it in a different order (TDB -> world updates -> TrinityCore_4.3.4_DB_Alpha), and still nothing.

What can I be missing at this point?

Edited by Ness199X

Hi ,

THIS FORUM AND ITS MODS ARE A JOKE !!

Twice I have replied to this thread and twice it has been moved or deleted , also your handling of cookies on this board is at least pathetic or down right irresponsible .

Grow the FUCK UP ............

Any little kid and a internet connection can run a website and a forum today , why can you not "TRINITYCORE" ?

Still can not sign out due to your bull shit "21:15 pm , 02 - 21 - 2014 "

And while I am at it and really pissed off , why the fuck do you get people who's native language is not English to edit the TrinityCore Wiki ?

Don't believe me go and read it from top to bottom , Including the wiki for 4.3.4

I hope mods do and see there mistakes ......................................!

Alright, so I rebased my TrinityCore repo to the last sync version (14d80d269dd7f9624983bc5a610e511f31ed33f0), I imported TDB 4.3.4, then ran the updates from the TrinityCore_4.3.4_DB_Alpha repo, then imported the world updates from the rebased TrinityCore repo... And Worldserver.exe still won't connect to the db. I drop the db, and tried doing it in a different order (TDB -> world updates -> TrinityCore_4.3.4_DB_Alpha), and still nothing.

What can I be missing at this point?

If you went back to the "last sync" revision, the only updates you need are the ones in the TDB repository (ignore the sql tree from the core if you're only having world DB issues). Only when you update the core will you need to "just know" which updates for the core repository to use. Otherwise, you've applied changes to the DB that the core simply doesn't know about. In general, worldserver will be able to tell you which changes are needed, so you would need SQL knowledge to locate the appropriate files to apply from the core repository. That's the "just know" part.

@Thugly I suggest you take your own statement to heart. Grow up. Someone mature wouldn't post like you did. There was absolutely no need to swear. As for those that don't speak English natively, maybe you should consider the fact that this is not a community made up from English-only countries.

Hi all. I faithfully followed the steps to install trinity core version 4.3.4 from http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-To_Win+4.3.4

and I have also read http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/1518-trouble-with-your-trinity-install-readme-1st-faqs/ I will describe what i did to see if some1 can lend me a hand with my problem.

I Have all of this installed and running fine...

In this page https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore_4.3.4_DB_Alpha

i saw the latest Sync is Sync with TrinityCore/ff3524f

So i did a Revision Matching after clone the source and my cmake bottom pane looks like this..

TrinityCore revision : ff3524fabc52 2013-07-16 23:51:11 +0100 (HEAD branch)

So everything is fine My revision of core match the ALPHA DB (So far so good)

i downloaded Alpha DB...

Then i downloaded the massive World database from http://www.trinitycore.org/f/files/file/9-tdb-full-434/

I created 3 databases

auth

characters

world

Imported

auth- TrinitySourcesqlbaseauth_database.sql
characters- TrinitySourcesqlbasecharacters_database.sql

For world database i imported first the big database (the one from  http://www.trinitycore.org/f/files/file/9-tdb-full-434/ )

Then i applied existing updates from ALPHA DB

generate world_updates.sql with merge_updates_windows.bat and applied in world database.

Following steps at http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/How-To_Win+4.3.4

i had to load the updates in the characters folder into the characters DB from TrinitySourcesqlupdates folder so i did it.

And finally there is a big Warning about

AGAIN, DO NOT load the updates in the srcsqlupdatesworld folder!!!

so i didnt apply updates in world folder.

I configured properly my both .conf files and start:

authserver.exe (Load fine)

worldserver.exe (fail)

There is a fragment of my server.log

>> Loaded 14987 quests definitions in 749 ms
Checking Quest Disables
>> Checked 5123 quest disables in 1 ms
Loading Quest POI
>> Loaded 22136 quest POI definitions in 196 ms
Loading Quests Relations...
Loading GO Start Quest Data...
[1146] Table 'worldtrinity.gameobject_questrelation' doesn't exist
Your database structure is not up to date. Please make sure you've executed all queries in the sql/updates folders.

I hope some1 here can tell me where i fail and what i did wrong...

Thanks in advance

After you applied the Full DB and the Alpha updates, try to do this:

From what I understand you need to manually find the missing instructions in the world updates from the core and apply them. But don't apply all, it will mess up your DB, only apply what is strictly needed for the core to start.

Hey there, i installed this trinitycore on my vps server, through this guide :http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-pictures.html (How to compile trinity on linux ubuntu - With pictures) 

The only problem, is that the world_database is empty.... and i have no idea how to get some content into it.. 
Some say that i need to update or something, but what i need is a guide how to get world_database in trinitycore, like a step by step guide or something like that...... Or if someone have the World_database.sql file, that i could download and execute directly?? I really need someone to help me.

Thank you :) 

Allright, so i followed the guide you linked.. And i got a bit further to getting it online. 

But now it says this: 

In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 53, sql: "SELECT name, permission, help FROM command"
Unknown column 'permission' in 'field list'
DatabasePool world NOT opened. There were errors opening the MySQL connections. Check your SQLDriverLogFile for specific errors.
Cannot connect to world database 127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;world

Greetings !

I have fallowed the guide on Debian 7 installing &compiling trinitycore

I have done every step

Compile went good, no errors

When i try to start auth&worldserver i get this error

TrinityCore rev. d291519d3804 2014-02-20 17:36:23 +0100 (master branch) (Unix, Release) (authserver)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/conf/authserver.conf.
OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013 (Library: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)
Opening DatabasePool 'auth'. Asynchronous connections: 1, synchronous connections: 1.
In mysql_stmt_prepare() id: 70, sql: "SELECT c.country FROM ip2nationCountries c, ip2nation i WHERE i.ip < ? AND c.code = i.country ORDER BY i.ip DESC LIMIT 0,1"
Table 'auth.ip2nationCountries' doesn't exist
Cannot connect to database

Using configuration file /home/wow/server/conf/worldserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013)
Using ACE version: 6.0.3
TrinityCore rev. d291519d3804 2014-02-20 17:36:23 +0100 (master branch) (Unix, Release) (worldserver-daemon)
<Ctrl-C> to stop.

______                       __
/__  _       __          __/ __
/_/ / _ __ /_    ___ /_ , _  __  __
    /`'__/ /' _ `/ / / /
    / / / _ _
      _ _   _ _ _ _ __/`____
      /_//_/   /_//_//_//_//__/ `/___/>
                                 C O R E  /___/

Cannot connect to login database127.0.0.1;3306;MYACCOUNTHERE;MYPASSWORDHERE;auth

Also i have to mention that i have tried to replace the ip with the host's ip and no work.
Also i would like to add that i can connect with MYACCOUNTHERE and MYPASSWORD here to mysql and all dbs are just fine AND up-to-date.
Please help.
Thanks

I had this same issue when i decided to move my Trinity install from my Windows PC to my old laptop running Linux. I used the databases directly from my windows PC and ran the latest updates, and found the table  ip2nationCountries in the database is actually  ip2nationcountries with the lower case 'c'. Changed it to uppercase and all was fine.