TrinityCore

"unknown column" "missing table" "duplicate column" error / sql problems / SQLDriverLogFile < answer on 1st post of 1st page

Apple

Hello guys,: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/Database_master is the website i'm using.

the problem i have is: I dont understand what to do, 

i'm using HeidiSQL.

can someone tell me Step by Step what to do, cus i cant put the 3 databases in HeidiSQL

Read the website that i linked, and please tell me step by step what to do, like this:

Step 1 open HeidiSQL, Step 2 Go to file. etc 

Thanks all :-)

Edited by 112958

go to /sql/create in your source.

open create_mysql.sql in heidi and run it.

go to /sql/base in your source.

(Dummy note, you select a DB by clicking on it on the left so it has a green check mark on it)

open auth_database.sql and run it to auth DB

open characters_database.sql and run it to characters DB

Open heidi, select world database, close heidi.

Go to http://www.trinitycore.org/f/files/ and download the latest TDB.

Note that the latest is at the BOTTOM (this may change?) Be sure to look at the version numbers for what is latest.

Open the zip you downloaded and run the TDB_full_xxxxxxxxxx.sql

When attempting to run the file, its too large and you are prompted with a window to choose to load the file to the editor or run directly.

Since we earlier chose world DB, it should be open by default, so we can choose run directly. The file will be run to world DB.

go to /sql/updates/world in your source

create a new bat file (a text file with .bat file extension) and write this into it:

copy *.sql mrg.sql

Run the bat (double click it)

Run the newly created mrg.sql in the same folder to your world DB.

If prompted for too large file again, just click to run directly since we still have world DB as default as mentioned above.

Set up the configs and you are good to go .. I guess.

Correct me if I am wrong. I wrote this from memory, but I think it went right.

Hey, thanks for answering but it still wont work :<

This is what i see after i open Create_mysql in heidi: http://i41.tinypic.com/2d8gmpu.png

or is it just me that is doing someting wrong :s

You need to connect to your database..

Make a new connection and insert your IP (if mysql is on the same computer, use 127.0.0.1 or localhost) and the acc and pass.

Should be pretty straight forward ..

I believe it is also instructed so in program window ..

Seems to me like you never even tried to make the DB in the first place, which would be a sad thing.

You dont need to keep the source up to date when you just made it ..

And you need the database to run the server, cant skip that.

Well i tryed that, and got this error: SQL fout (2003) in statement #0: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.01' (10061)

and Ye its my first time doing this ever, so i dont rly know how to use everyting didnt know about the DB etc :<

i hope you know whats wrong this time :)

Wait ok i got everyting exept this: create a new bat file (a text file with .bat file extension) and write this into it:

copy *.sql mrg.sql
Run the bat (double click it)
Run the newly created mrg.sql in the same folder to your world DB.
If prompted for too large file again, just click to run directly since we still have world DB as default as mentioned above.

Can you explain that a little detailed in dummy steps? 

Got that, but now the next step :

SETTING UP THE SERVER

Now that you have the source compiled you need to extract some necessary files.

Extractors

Trinity requires dbc and map files. It is optional but highly recommended to also extract vmaps, which enable Line-of-Sight rules (casting through walls, etc) and Sanctuary areas (like Dalaran). Another option, which is still experimental and in progress, are mmaps, which enable correct npc pathings (through walkways instead of walls).

WARNING: Use ONLY Trinity's extractors. Others are NOT supported.

If you use extractors from other projects it is almost certain that your TrinityCore will not recognize the extracted data! There is one way in which you can obtain the extractors. If you compiled them while installing CMake, you already have them in your D:BuildbinRelease folder.

Extracting DBC/Maps/VMaps/MMaps

1. Browse into your D:BuildbinRelease folder and copy these files into your root World of Warcraft folder (where the Wow.exe is located):

mapextractor.exe
mmaps_generator.exe
vmap4extractor.exe
vmap4assembler.exe
makevmaps_simple.bat

I miss those Mapextractor.exe mmaps_generator.exe etc 

The only thing in my map is :

Ace.dll

authserver.conf.dist

authserver

libeay33.dl

libmysql.dll

ssleay32.dll

worldserver.conf.dist

worldserver

Where do i get those progams cus i didnt get them when i installed the Cmake

Edited by 112958

You need to start up cmake

Then when you originally set the paths and clicked configure you got the check list.

It should be visible by default now if you configured once already. Check the box for tools.

Configure, Generate, Compile the core and the tools will be in your compilation directory.

Ah i found them now but they areint in the bin/release map, but they are in the built map. Thanks :)

3. Move the dbc and maps folders to the D:BuildbinRelease folder.

What Dbc and maps folders does 'he' mean by this? cus ive Dbc file's in map_extractor map4_extractor etc. or do i need to get a Dbc an maps folders in my World of warcraft map where the Wow.exe is?

Dummy steps if possible please :)

Thanks for all your help so far !

Edited by 112958

Hmm, what you do is you move the extractors, for example mapextractor.exe to your wow folder, where the wow.exe is and then start the extractor.

Let it do it's job and after it is finished, you should have folders named maps and dbc in the same folder. Then move those to the server folder where trinitycore.exe is.

The other extractors you should also move to the wow directory like the mapextractor. But instead of running them, you should create a bat, like you did before, with the instructed contents:

vmap4extractor.exe
md vmaps
vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps 
pause

And then run it. The bat should be saved to the wow installation directory where the extactors and wow.exe is.

NOTE that it is said that you should run wow at least once before extracting anything.

~Said someone somewhere at some time. Very very trusted source :3

Those are not exes. As you should clearly see from the program type.

I suggest you set windows to show known file extensions.

Btw .. what folder do you refer to with built map?

The extractors should all be in binDebug or binRelease (depending on which you chose to compile as)

as long as you chose to compile the tools in cmake like I instructed and (re) compiled your core.

Found everyting after i reinstalled the whole thing=p

last question atleast i hope:

5. Move the vmaps folder to the same directory as dbcmaps and the TrinityCore binaries. so do i need to put them in : /build/bin/release And in (C:) / Trinity ??

You won't need 2 copies of those folders unless you simply want to have the extra space wasted. If C:Trinity is where you intend to have the servers executed from, just move those folders over as subfolders (i.e. C:Trinitydbc). Assuming that you simply renamed the .conf.dist files to just .conf, you should be set to go.

Aww got it :)   worldserver.conf

Scroll down to the LoginDatabaseInfo, WorldDatabaseInfo, and CharacterDatabaseInfo config options and enter MySQL Server login information for the server to be able to connect to your database.

On a newly compiled config, you should have the following values:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;auth"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;world"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;characters"

It follows this structure:

Variablename = "MySQLIP;Port;Loginname;Password;database"

The following settings must be verified:

• The hostname (127.0.0.1) can stay the same if Trinity is being installed on the same computer that you run WoW on.

Otherwise, follow the instruction in Realmlist Table if this is not the case. 

• The port (3306) is the standard configured value. Depending on your settings, you must change it accordingly.
  • The username and password can be variable. You can choose to either:
    • Run on your root password you used when you installed MySQL Server Community Edition(e.g. 'root':'password'), which is strongly not recommend if the server is somehow public.
    • create an unique login within a User Manager within your prefered database management tool (commonly identified by an icon that looks like a person or people) and give it necessary permissions (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE permissions are sufficient, and is much safer).
  • All other default options should be sufficient, but it is recommended that you take some time after your server is finished to read through the configs and see all the ways to customize your server.

i dont understand what to do here can someone explain it to me in dummy steps :(

Edited by 112958

The config files are for example:

worldserver.conf.dist

You need to remove the .dist extension before you can use the config with your server.

Then you should add the DB connection info:

Basically you insert the same login info you did to heidisql.

And also provide the database names, which should be correct already if you used the SQL file to create the databases and did not make your own or rename the base databases created by the SQL.

Atm you can ignore all the complicated guidance since its your first time and you wont be going live likely, and hopefully..

But anyways, the guide tells you that you should not use the main SQL account for the server to DB connections.

The main SQL account has access to everything, which is why if someone finds an exploit etc, he may be able to modify permissions etc in DB.

So you should, if the server shows on the net, create a new SQL user that has less permissions and set it to the configs.

Try finding a text block in the config file that looks like:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;auth"
WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;world"
CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;characters"

Oki i did all this. but now when i want to open my Authserver + Worldserver they close in 0.1 sec i cant read what is wrong D: someone of you guys know this problem? did i do someting wrong in my DB ?

Nvm found the problem

Everyting works, Thanks for all your help guys! 

if i find another problem i hope i can count on u guys :>

Thx and have a great day!

Edited by 112958

First of all I want to say I thank you all at Trinitycore for your time and investments in knowledge to help some of us newbies out and create and implement a structure we all can try our best to cope with.

Now on to my questions.

Yesterday, I installed and ran my first 4.3.4 Compile about four times, all without constant success. The fourth and final time following a video I found on youtube was able to get the worldserver to not crash upon open. All by database updates. and NONE of the folders I updated from didn't throw an error and stop my DB SQL from running. Now, one question I have is the order in which and what updates should be applied to the DB for a fresh compile current core and all.

I know I have done 3.3.5a in the past several times and was successful getting even transmog, playerbots, custom items and custom objects working by myself using google and researching wowhead and things.

But 4.3.4 Cataclysm seems to be a little trickier. None of the items I see in vendors are in my DB (At least where they used to be at.) but show up in vendor list as items available...

When making a new server with current and latest core is it too much to ask after you fellas did all this extra work to make the server functional and this far into the project to not have ANY updates on a fresh compile? Or to make it just a little more descriptive on what to update and how and what DB also for a fresh compile?

I am pulling my hair out here and all I wanted to do is help and accomplish things so that I too can contribute what I already know about the game and maybe even do somesort of sniffing for you devs. Funny thing about that is even using a sniffing tool has a vague description on how to use it for yourself even. So to be honest I think maybe it is time for one of you advanced members to make some sort of tutorials on how to accomplish some if not all of these tasks to help this community. Lack of motivation/support is why projects end up dead.

But once again, I thank whoever is responsible for making this project what it is already and it is awesome! I just think it can be improved more and if I knew my stuff I would be the first person to stand up and make a guide to help others make this a strong and productive project/community.

With 4.3.4, item_template is used only as a supplementary source. The core will use the dbc/db2 files to define items. There is also a worldserver.conf setting to enforce the data file definitions or allow the DB to override them ('DBC.EnforceItemAttributes = 1' is in the worldserver.conf.dist).

As for the SQL updates, ignore auth and characters updates, but apply all of the world updates (in order).

Hello,

I am on the most current version of trinity TrinityCore-a60ba24

with OS win 8.1. and on server 2008 r2

When starting the world server i get this error

[1054] Unknown column 'attackpower' in 'field list' Your database structure is not up to date. Please make sure you've executed all queries in the sql/updates folder.

Now i figured what is said is the issue, but i ran literally everysingle one in order the issue continues.

Any idea?

Thanks!