TrinityCore

Stuck at connected / infinite loop / login issues / battle.net

CFGhost

Indeed you are missing something

bnetserver gained these new config settings

LoginREST.Port
LoginREST.ExternalAddress
LoginREST.LocalAddress

Needless to say, you need to configure and open this port. Fill ExternalAddress with your external IP and LocalAddress with your LAN IP

I have 3.3.5a and 6x server running on linux simultaneously, and they both work for connections from the local LAN.

I set up port forwarding using

(3.3.5a) -> 3724 , 8087

changed worldserver.conf port and auth.realmlist to 8087

(6x) -> 1119,8081, 8085,8086

I changed my local config to use my external ip, and both 3.3.5a and 6x connect - from a local machine using my external ip

on a remote machine, 3.3.5a connects fine

6x gives me a 'you have been disconnected (BLZ51914001)' when logging in.

According to BattleNet.log, the local 6x connects via my external ip on port 1119 - so at least it appears that port forwarding is working....

3/31 12:52:44.683  [IBN_Login] Starting up | hasFrontInterface=false | hasBackInterface=false
3/31 12:53:01.901  [GlueLogin] Starting login | launcherPortal=nullopt | loginPortal=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1119
3/31 12:53:01.901  [GlueLogin] Resetting
3/31 12:53:01.901  [IBN_Login] Initializing
3/31 12:53:01.901  [IBN_Login] Attempting logon | host=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx | port=1119
3/31 12:53:01.901  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 12:53:01.992  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 12:53:02.002  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 12:53:02.074  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 12:53:02.229  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 12:53:02.249  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 12:53:02.311  [GlueLogin] Logon complete.
3/31 12:53:02.311  [GlueLogin] Waiting for realm list.

the remote machine has the following:

3/31 13:23:53.905  [IBN_Login] Starting up | hasFrontInterface=false | hasBackInterface=false
3/31 13:24:06.647  [GlueLogin] Starting login | launcherPortal=nullopt | loginPortal=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1119
3/31 13:24:06.647  [GlueLogin] Resetting
3/31 13:24:06.647  [IBN_Login] Initializing
3/31 13:24:06.647  [IBN_Login] Attempting logon | host=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx | port=1119
3/31 13:24:06.647  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 13:24:06.790  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 13:24:06.809  [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/31 13:24:07.839  [GlueLogin] Fatal error while logging in | result=( | code=ERROR_HTTP_COULDNT_CONNECT (14001) | localizedMessage= | debugMessage=JSON error: ERROR_HTTP_COULDNT_CONNECT (14001) token: 1)

What am I missing?

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

I saw this:

but I had already set those values correctly.

And according to canyouseeme.org, all the ports are open and not blocked by my isp.

Edited by gixxer_j

When trying to connect with the updated configs i am unable to connect at all even on the server machine itself.

The only changes i noticed in the configs are the following.

LoginREST.Port
LoginREST.ExternalAddress
LoginREST.LocalAddress

these are all set accordingly and I am still unable to connect. However if i use the old configs I can connect and play on the server machine but not over the lan. All ports are forwarded including now 8081. Also the dmz is enabled on the server machine but still no dice over the lan. In the realmlist table address is my wan ip local address is my lan ip and the port set at the default 8085. I assume there is something different i am missing between new configs and old configs.

EDIT: When trying to connect from lan i get this error You have been disconnected (BLZ51900002). I have tried both my wan and lan IPs in the config.wtf.. If i have left any information out i apologize

EDIT: Right after posting the last edit I fixed the lan issue but still can not use the new configs

Edited by Dabloon
forgot some error details

4 hours ago, Lorac said:

make sure your LoginREST.ExternalAddress= points to your real ip address not your internal router ip address to get that just type whats my ip address in your search box on browser

Yep, LoginRest.ExternalAddress is my external address

LoginREST.Port = 8081
LoginREST.ExternalAddress = xx.xxx.xxx.xxx 
LoginREST.LocalAddress = 192.168.1.10

I checked that all the ports i listed in the OP are indeed open, and they are.

3.3.5 can connect locally using the LAN ip (192.168.1.10), locally using my external ip, and remotely using my external ip.

6x can connect locally using the LAN ip (192.168.1.10), locally using my external ip, but NOT remotely using my external ip.

Hi all! I'm getting crazy trying to run 6.x server (6.2.4)

Server (OS X) is running, bnetserver and worldserver seems ok, port forwarding and ip seems ok, i've patched the executable and edited config.wtf

If i run the client from the server itself or from another Mac the client crash after clicking connect.

I've read there are issue with connection_patcher, anyone with a Mac can confirm or deny it?

Any hint?

I can get my Mac binary patched successfully, but I am constantly getting this error on launch:

"You have been disconnected. (BLZ51901021)"

Version 6.2.4 (21344) (Release x64)

* my Config.wtf is set to my local server

* I see a tc_bundle.txt file is created. I copied that to my WoW folder but not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done with it.

* I didn't notice any cache files being created with this patch. In the past there were 2 that were created.

Edited by Minyat

It might be something on the retail side. I see a lot of posts regarding this error. I can launch retail from Launcher only. If I try to launch the game itself, then even with retail I get the same error code. Going to try a reinstall of the retail game and make sure that it works properly before trying to debug the patched version.

Hey Shauren. 

Okay thanks. I'll post some more debugging notes in case someone has time to look into it with me...

TrinityCore rev. 174a6142f405

So I re-dl'ed the retail installer just in case my local install is fubar. I'm getting success for the actual patching, but still crashing on launch. bnet log indicates that is trying to connect to my local server on 1119, just as it should. Tested the port and it's open (using netcat), so that seems okay.

I'll step through connection_patcher as it executes to see what is being done on the Mac side.

Thanks for all the work on this!

Update: decided to patch my Windows version as well.

Connection_patcher does it's thing, says it's completed successfully.

When I try to log in, I get: "You have been disconnected. (BLZ5914001)

So, different error, same result.

BattleNet.log shows: Fatal error while logging in | result =( | code=ERROR_HTTP_COULDNT_CONNECT (14001)
   | localizedMessage= | debugMessage=JSON error: ERROR_HTTP_COULDNT_CONNECT (14001) token: 1)

I've confirmed I can reach the server on port 1119 via nmap. Bnetserver doesn't show any connection attempts at all, so kinda strange in that the patched WoW client says it can't connect, but the connection is up and ready at the server end.

ERROR_HTTP_COULDNT_CONNECT indicates improper bnetserver configuration

You need to configure these as well https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/blob/6.x/src/server/bnetserver/bnetserver.conf.dist#L57 (if you PC has no local network, no router at home for example, you leave LocalAddress as it is)

And yes, this is an additional port that you need to keep open, no way around that

I'm in a similar boat:

WOW version 6.2.4 (21355) Release x86
I think I am close. I can access in my LAN
Things Ive changed so far. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bnetserver config:
LoginREST.Port = 8081 (unchanged)
LoginREST.ExternalAddress= ******.dynalias.com
LoginREST.LocalAddress=192.168.1.200
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changed the realmlist auth table:
address: ******.dynalias.com
localSubnetMask: 192.168.1.200
port: 8085  (unchanged)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changed the WTF folders config file:
SET portal "******.dynalias.com"  //only on the outside clients **Not currently working**
SET portal "192.168.1.200"  // only on my LAN clients **working**
Ports that are forwarded to 192.168.1.200 from router: TCP and UDP Any> 3389,3306,8085,8081,8086,1119
Can anyone confirm what are the ports needed for 6.2.4?
Testing port info from canyouseeme.org after SQL,  Bnetserver and worldserver are running:
3389: Success    3306: Success   8085: Success   
8081: Success    8086: Success    1119: Success
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read that WOD 6.2.3 uses more ports and also different ones from 3.3.5 which alot of guides out there use, but for now Ill just open them all when Im testing.8085
I am fairly confident its a port issue, but dont know which ones to change or open.
It could be a Worldserver Listen Port from what Ive found on ports 1118? But I have no idea 

I attached my bnetserer.exe upload sequence:
Project Wodcore 2014-2016(c) Warlords Of Draenor Patch 6.2.4 21355
Using configuration file bnetserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.0.1j 15 Oct 2014 (library: OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015)
Using Boost version: 1.59.0
Automatic database updates are disabled for all databases!
Opening DatabasePool 'auth'. Asynchronous connections: 1, synchronous connections: 1.
MySQL client library: 6.0.10-alpha
MySQL server ver: 5.5.19-log
Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
MySQL client library: 6.0.10-alpha
MySQL server ver: 5.5.19-log
Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
DatabasePool 'auth' opened successfully. 2 total connections running.
Started auth database connection pool.
Login service bound to http://0.0.0.0:8081
Added realm "The Grove" at **.***.252.120:8085.  // Adds my router IP address to running bnetserver

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've also tried using my router IP address instead of my dynalias.com address to no avail.

Also, The machine im testing outside my LAN is my laptop that works when I am local.

Edited by jonboy1969
update

Hello,

as already mentioned in this thread I have some trouble with a TC 6.x that I try to run in my LAN. Since the topic is slightly different than the initial problem, I guess it's ok to open up a new topic for this.

The WOW clients are supposed to connect from within the local network.

As far as I can tell, I followed the guides to set this up correctly but the clients fail to connect.
The login works well with the account that I created and lists all realms. Once I try to conenct to the realm I immediately get disconnected with the error message WOW51900328.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything helpful using Google or the forum search.
I was thinking that maybe my LAN setup is special and may be causing the trouble. 
Maybe somebody can give some insight into the following DB fields and if my assumptions are correct.

I am using a private class B network.
172.17.16.0/21
Subnet Mask 255.255.248.0

So I configured the "realmlist" table int he auth DB like this:
address 172.17.17.23 (the IP of the server with TC)
localAdress 127.0.0.1
localSubnetMask 255.255.248.0

Does that sound about right or am I having trouble to understand the meanings of the different datasets?

Also I was wondering how I should configure the logging to get some more valuable output that points into the right direction of the root cause of this issue.
I assume that the authserver does what it should since I can login just fine. The bnetserver seems to be the problem so I should configure the logging there, correct?
Now I am wondering how I should configure that. When using Trace or even Debug I am overwhelemed with data that is not really helpful. is there a way to filter the login process out?

Thanks again!
Neelah

I would like to add my LoginREST configuration and try to explain why I think that the comentary in the config file is confusing for me.

#    LoginREST.ExternalAddress
#        Description: IP address sent to clients connecting from outside the network where bnetserver runs
#                     Set it to your external IP address
LoginREST.ExternalAddress=172.17.17.23

What do I do in my case? I don't want to use the server with an external adress since I don't want to run it public, only in my LAN.

Should I just empty it, point it to localhost 127.0.0.1, my LAN address or does it simply not matter, because it won't be used as long as it is not accessed from outside the internal network?

#    LoginREST.LocalAddress
#        Description: IP address sent to clients connecting from inside the network where bnetserver runs
#                     Set it to your local IP address (common 192.168.x.x network)
#                     or leave it at default value 127.0.0.1 if connecting directly to the internet without a router
LoginREST.LocalAddress=172.17.17.23

I am at a loss here. I guess I should just leave it like this since this is the local adress of the network card of the server. What I don't get is this:
"or leave it at default value 127.0.0.1 if connecting directly to the internet without a router"

What does it mean? In case the server doesn't use a router and is directly connected to the itnernet I should put the localhost here instead of the external IP?

2 hours ago, neelah said:

So I configured the "realmlist" table int he auth DB like this:
address 172.17.17.23 (the IP of the server with TC)
localAdress 127.0.0.1
localSubnetMask 255.255.248.0

LAN you should set the localadress to your LAN ip. Also remember to change you .wtf file to it as well. Keep address to 127.0.0.1,

• Upvote 1

Thanks.

I tried address with 127.0.0.1 as well as 172.17.17.23 and localAddress with 172.17.17.23 and 127.0.0.1 and vice versa.

Unfortunately with the same result.

LocalSubnetMask is not documented at all so any insight on that would be great.

Actually any help would be very much appreciated. I love this project. It's very well documented. It's just the little details that are not. Thanks :-)

Well, thanks. Let me sum it up again:

The config.wtf has 
SET portal "172.17.17.23"

auth DB, realmlist table
address: 127.0.0.1
localAddress: 172.17.17.23
localSubnetMask: 255.255.248.0

I have the feeling that it has to do with the subnet I am using. Maybe that's not working?

localSubnetMask controls the choice of address vs localAddress to send to connecting clients

bnetserver applies that value to connecting client address (make sure to NOT connect with portal=127.0.0.1) and to localAddress, if the network matches then localAddress is sent, otherwise address

In your case where you don't want to expose anything to the internet I would just set both addresses to 172.17.17.23 (then netmask doesnt even matter)

You can find the complete logic here https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/blob/6.x/src/server/shared/Realm/Realm.cpp#L21

ps. The fact that you could even see the realm list in client means LoginREST.* configs passed successfully.