TrinityCore

Stuck at connected / infinite loop / login issues / battle.net

CFGhost

When I connect using my servers local IP ( I run linux on a server box in my house, and connect using SSH/ a windows WoW client ) It says that I have provided incorrect account information, despite having created the accounts?

(For some reason the server deleted my accounts)

Edited by Forefallen

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, 

I'm running a 3.3.5a server, all set up and stuff. I can connect via localhost when I have the machines local IP as the address for it to run from, but when I use the external IP I just get an infinite loop of connected, as do others trying to connect. I have my ports forwarded and firewall down.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to connect to my server from another computer on my network, I can log in, but it asks me to select a realm, and when I do it loops me back around to selecting a server. I am very new to mysql and servers in general, so any help is appreciated. I have been trying to solve this for a solid 8 hours.

I am using ubuntu 16.04 and trinity core 3.5.5

Edited by wandelf

this is definitely a bad configuration, if you managed to access to the realm server from the outside and not getting into the world is a configuration problem, read the guide line by line again, I'm sure that you'll spot your problem.

best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Folks! Its been a while but I'm back. Kinda. I gave up a long time ago because TC just wasnt working for me, no matter what correction methods I tried. Now I am breaking it out of mothballs and working with my server guru to get me connected again. I humbly ask for the wisdom of you all to help me with my issues and get me back in game!

First of all, I am running Windows 10, trying to connect to both 6.x and 3.3.5 versions of WoW. Both are giving me issues, even after a fresh reinstall.

3.3.5: I get the "You have been disconnected from the server." message *IMMEDIATELY* after entering my login credentials, which are correct. My realmlist under Data/enUS has been configured properly with 3 entries. set realmlist xxx.xxx.xxx.221
set patchlist xxx.xxx.xxx.221
set portal xxx.xxx.xxx.221

Should be correct, right? Furthermore, my config.wtf file under the WTF folder is also configured properly, I presume.....

SET locale "enUS"
SET portal "xxx.xxx.xxx.221"
SET realmList "xxx.xxx.xxx.221"
SET patchlist "xxx.xxx.xxx.221"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxRefresh "60"
SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
SET gxFixLag "0"
SET videoOptionsVersion "3"
SET accountName "John@tracy"
SET movie "0"
SET Gamma "1.000000"
SET readTOS "1"
SET readEULA "1"
SET showToolsUI "1"
SET Sound_OutputDriverName "System Default"
SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
SET farclip "777.000000"
SET specular "1"
SET groundEffectDensity "24"
SET projectedTextures "1"
SET timingTestError "0"

My server host can connect to his server both internally and externally just fine on his end. Yet its me that still cannot connect after trying to log in. My connection log is very basic and simple.....

7/3 15:15:32.202  Login program=WoW platform=Win locale=enUS
7/3 15:15:32.261  Component WoW.Win.12340
7/3 15:15:32.318  Component WoW.base.12340
7/3 15:15:32.360  Component WoW.enUS.12340
7/3 15:15:32.401  Component Tool.Win.446
7/3 15:15:32.533  GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_CONNECTING result: LOGIN_OK
7/3 15:15:32.692  Failed to resolve xxx.xxx.xxx.221.logon.battle.net
7/3 15:15:32.767  GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: DISCONNECTED
7/3 15:15:32.803  Login program=WoW platform=Win locale=enUS
7/3 15:15:32.847  Component WoW.Win.12340
7/3 15:15:32.885  Component WoW.base.12340
7/3 15:15:32.927  Component WoW.enUS.12340
7/3 15:15:32.968  Component Tool.Win.446

I have attempted to delete my config file and start fresh, as well as delete my cache folder and start fresh with that as well. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone please give me some ideas on where to start? It worked fine up to the point where I wasn't posting anymore, which was back in January. Since then I had been getting version mismatch errors for 6.x but that's another story. I'll open a thread for that one separately.

Final question for now.....Whats the best text editor to use for Windows? I've been using Notepad until last night when I felt I may have not been saving my config files in plain text, so I switched to TextPad. Any thoughts? Thanks again for any contribution to assist.

- John

Hi,

I used to have my TrinityCore 3.3.5a working fine for years under Win8.1.  Recently moved to a Win10 PC.  Copied my old WOW335 gamefiles, copied the old TrinityCore folder where authserver/worldserver are located, reinstalled MySQL, OpenSSL and such.  Recreated the databases using backups.  Verified that everything points to default 127.0.0.1 in both auth database and realmlist.wtf.

When I start the authserver is says the usual message about the Trinity realm added to 127.0.0.1:3306.  Worldserver says it created all the objects, no error.

Now when I start Wow.exe and enter my credentials it connects, brings me to the character selection page (but no characters are listed or appear), and after a few seconds I get the dreaded "disconnected from the server".  I verified that ports 3306, 3724 and even 8085 for good measure are all open.  So it looks like I pass the auth server with no problem but cannot access anything on my worldserver.

Any idea about what I forgot to copy/install from my old Win8.1 setup that could explain my "disconnect" issue?

Thanks!

Edited by senam

• 2 weeks later...
On 10-7-2016 at 5:32 PM, senam said:

Hi,

I used to have my TrinityCore 3.3.5a working fine for years under Win8.1.  Recently moved to a Win10 PC.  Copied my old WOW335 gamefiles, copied the old TrinityCore folder where authserver/worldserver are located, reinstalled MySQL, OpenSSL and such.  Recreated the databases using backups.  Verified that everything points to default 127.0.0.1 in both auth database and realmlist.wtf.

When I start the authserver is says the usual message about the Trinity realm added to 127.0.0.1:3306.  Worldserver says it created all the objects, no error.

Now when I start Wow.exe and enter my credentials it connects, brings me to the character selection page (but no characters are listed or appear), and after a few seconds I get the dreaded "disconnected from the server".  I verified that ports 3306, 3724 and even 8085 for good measure are all open.  So it looks like I pass the auth server with no problem but cannot access anything on my worldserver.

Any idea about what I forgot to copy/install from my old Win8.1 setup that could explain my "disconnect" issue?

Thanks!

It seems like you're using the port '3306' in your Auth Realmlist, but it should be '8085'.

Thank you David!  It worked!  As soon as I set my port to 8085 in my auth.realmlist database, I was able to select a character and log in.  I thought 3306 was the default or I probably screwed up somewhere.  In any case, you fixed it!  Thanks again.

Hi, I suceed to compile and setup the server, without any trouble. I create a user with admin privileges, and i launch the client on W10, to connect on my trinitycore server with Debian Jessie 8.4 version, I type login of course just username and not email, I click to connect, then I have the screen to ask me to choose the server, I click on, and then the message connect to server appear and immediatly back to the screen about choosing gaming server.

Realmlist is modified to IP of the server.

My hardware server is a dedicated server.

If need more informations to resolve the issue please let me know

Thanks in advance for your helps and your time

On 28/07/2016 at 10:15 AM, honeybaobao said:

Hi, I suceed to compile and setup the server, without any trouble. I create a user with admin privileges, and i launch the client on W10, to connect on my trinitycore server with Debian Jessie 8.4 version, I type login of course just username and not email, I click to connect, then I have the screen to ask me to choose the server, I click on, and then the message connect to server appear and immediatly back to the screen about choosing gaming server.

Realmlist is modified to IP of the server.

My hardware server is a dedicated server.

If need more informations to resolve the issue please let me know

Thanks in advance for your helps and your time

In your  worldserver.conf have you modified the bindaddress ?

#
#    BindIP
#        Description: Bind world server to IP/hostname.
#        Default:     "0.0.0.0" - (Bind to all IPs on the system)

and in your bnetserver.conf

#
#    LoginREST.Port
#        Description: TCP port to reach the REST login method.
#        Default:     8081
#
#    LoginREST.ExternalAddress
#        Description: IP address sent to clients connecting from outside the network where bnetserver runs
#                     Set it to your external IP address
#
#    LoginREST.LocalAddress
#        Description: IP address sent to clients connecting from inside the network where bnetserver runs
#                     Set it to your local IP address (common 192.168.x.x network)
#                     or leave it at default value 127.0.0.1 if connecting directly to the internet without a router

#

should be your lan address

As stated in the wiki.

21 hours ago, Jaune said:

In your  worldserver.conf have you modified the bindaddress ?

#
#    BindIP
#        Description: Bind world server to IP/hostname.
#        Default:     "0.0.0.0" - (Bind to all IPs on the system)

and in your bnetserver.conf

#
#    LoginREST.Port
#        Description: TCP port to reach the REST login method.
#        Default:     8081
#
#    LoginREST.ExternalAddress
#        Description: IP address sent to clients connecting from outside the network where bnetserver runs
#                     Set it to your external IP address
#
#    LoginREST.LocalAddress
#        Description: IP address sent to clients connecting from inside the network where bnetserver runs
#                     Set it to your local IP address (common 192.168.x.x network)
#                     or leave it at default value 127.0.0.1 if connecting directly to the internet without a router

#

should be your lan address

As stated in the wiki.

Hi Jaune,

Thanks for the reply, for the Bind I didn't modifed anything on the authserver like in worldserver for the second part I am not sure to understand what to do, because these instructions are not on my authserver, and I checked the server is not behind the router, it's directly connected to internet

in your debian with root access, you will type ifconfig,  so for the sake of this and for testin purpose let's say it's

in your bnetserver.conf

LoginREST.Port = 8081
LoginREST.ExternalAddress=127.0.0.1
LoginREST.LocalAddress=192.168.1.100

In your worldserver.conf make sure 

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

with a software like heidisql, log into the database of your debian box 

in the Auth database you will find realmlist

change the data Localadress to

and give me some feedback ! Everything should work. If not show me your Server.log