TrinityCore

Stuck at connected / infinite loop / login issues / battle.net

CFGhost

On 03/06/2017 at 0:23 AM, codeman8214 said:

So your wotlk server connects also using VPS IP and you are able to connect to it okay right?  Something for sure is not seeing the server for 7.2.0 are you using the correct version and build of world of warcraft, what build are you using?

Ok now it work finally with the 7.2.0 but the realm stay in grey (offline)

Oh ok I fixed that but now the realm say it's incompatible. But I donwload the latest core and DB, so I don't understand (I take the 7.2.0 client from someone who already patched it, that's what could cause that?)

Ok I just repatch client and it work... thanks for all :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having issues with my 3.3.5 server, lately. Everything was working great, until Windows decided to eat the Authserver. Windows7 (on an Oracle Virtualbox) decided to update, and when it was finished, it decided to delete the Authserver. Since then, I tried several different ways to get my server up (which inadvertently led to me screwing up my database), and decided to recompile and start over. I was able to get it all set up, but when I tried to log in from my host machine (worked great, until...), I couldn't log in to the realm. I've been puzzling over this for the last couple of days, and tried to set up a new server, just to make sure that wasn't the problem...only to have repeated issues with CMake not wanting to recognize my BOOST_ROOT environment variable (set in both spots), and therefore not wanting to compile.

These pics are from the recompiled first server...

Log.JPG

Capture.JPG

i'm using master branch and it is stuck in connecting, although its stuck only for 1 of my friends, i've already tested with two friends, and it seems to work with one of them. 

Client:7.2.5

Ports: 8081 8085 8086 1119 3724

bnetserver.conf:
LoginREST.Port = 8081
LoginREST.ExternalAddress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
LoginREST.LocalAddress=192.168.1.xxx

auth.realmlist:
address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
localAddres = 192.168.1.xxx

Any suggestion? 

Edited by TheRafah

If your other friends can connect to the world server and realm outside your network and is not locally connecting then the other friend cannot be using your external IP address or they would be able to connect too. And if they are connecting locally then you do not have your external IP address setup.

47 minutes ago, codeman8214 said:

If your other friends can connect to the world server and realm outside your network and is not locally connecting then the other friend cannot be using your external IP address or they would be able to connect too. And if they are connecting locally then you do not have your external IP address setup.

They all are using my external IP. Also i have already patched with connection_patcher.exe: wow.exe and wow-65.exe, i just cant understand why one of my friends cant connect.

@Edit: One of my friends didnt run the connection_patcher.exe. That's why he couldn't connect. thanks for the help codeman.

Edited by TheRafah

Hello all, im having  "unable to connect" to the server version 7.2.5. 24415.

I changed the set portal for set portal "localhost"

i patched correctly the wow.exe without errors to the 7.2.5 24415 version.exe

i put on the realm on local adress localhost or 127.0.0.1

i created an account on the server but i cant connect right now, thanks a lot for the help.

Edited by DanielHyM

8 hours ago, DanielHyM said:

Hello all, im having  "unable to connect" to the server version 7.2.5. 24415.

I changed the set portal for set portal "localhost"

i patched correctly the wow.exe without errors to the 7.2.5 24415 version.exe

i put on the realm on local adress localhost or 127.0.0.1

i created an account on the server but i cant connect right now, thanks a lot for the help.

guide specifies DON'T put localhost on portal, you need 127.0.0.1 or lan ip.

I recently upgraded my internet connection which required a new modem which apparently does not support NAT loopback which means I cannot connect to my trinitycore server from inside my network.

My understanding of the connectivity of the server is that you can access it EITHER externally OR internally only. Not both. Is this correct? Or is there a way to allow both an external IP/domain AND an internal IP to connect?

I'm also stuck connecting to Trinity Core, with the Connected loop issue. I can authenticate just fine (and it fails if I put in bad credentials), so I'm definitely connecting to the Auth service from the client.

The issue seems to be connecting to the worldserver, most likely from some sort of misconfiguration through the networking side of things. It will show the Trinity server as an available realm even if I don't start the worldserver service, so there is definitely some sort of disconnect there. I've also tried setting the address to 127.0.0.1 instead of the LAN IP to the same effect. The worldserver is connecting to the database just fine, apparently. If I try to change any of the db connection strings it crashes immediately. If I try to change its port it crashes when trying to initialize the network. I'm not much of a networking person so I imagine there is something there that I missed. I currently have the ports forwarded and have the firewall turned off.

As a side note, I installed and built this from your instructions using the latest files on Windows 10 with a 64 bit installation. I thought the instructions were really good up until the middle of "Server Setup" and then they got a bit hairy. You have to jump around a bit between Server Setup, Database Installation, Client Setup, and Networking, whereas before it was very linear. For example, Server Setup has a step that says "Log in using the user/pass you just created." but you don't create a user/pass until the Networking step, two sections later (and those instructions are a bit vague as well, not telling you *where* to enter the commands). 

2 hours ago, Halebawa said:

The issue seems to be connecting to the worldserver, most likely from some sort of misconfiguration through the networking side of things. It will show the Trinity server as an available realm even if I don't start the worldserver service, so there is definitely some sort of disconnect there. I've also tried setting the address to 127.0.0.1 instead of the LAN IP to the same effect. The worldserver is connecting to the database just fine, apparently. If I try to change any of the db connection strings it crashes immediately. If I try to change its port it crashes when trying to initialize the network. I'm not much of a networking person so I imagine there is something there that I missed. I currently have the ports forwarded and have the firewall turned off.

It's crashing (closing) immediately due to a configuration issue.

In Windows, use cmd.exe to navigate your worldserver.exe path and run worldserver from the terminal via command line and dont double click binary to execute.
That will prevent the window from closing.

Also, everything should be 127.0.0.1. and not worry about your firewall. Windows whitelists 127.0.0.1 automatically. You should use that for your realmlist.wtf and your DB settings.

Once you get an exact error message from the console (without it auto closing), report back what the issue is and we can help get you set up.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CDawg said:

It's crashing (closing) immediately due to a configuration issue.

Yes, I mentioned that happens when I configure it incorrectly, which makes it seem that the current configuration, which stays open, is correct. I can get both the authserver and worldserver to run properly and stay open. There are no errors in the consoles with my current setup. This is why I assume the issue is a networking issue and not one of configuration. When I sign in, the client can authenticate but I get stuck between Connected and Selecting a Realm.

As another data point, I created a second realm in the DB without actually setting up another worldserver or anything. Once I log in I can see both realms. If I select the realm that isn't actually running from the realm list (in the game client) it will give me a message saying "Logging in to Game Server" before popping me back out to the realm list. I'm not sure if that's happening on the authserver or if it's actually trying to connect to the game server. They both show as online, even though the second one doesn't exist as anything more than a line in the DB. 

I've also tried setting this up to run remotely. I was able to log in from a computer across the internet but got the same connection loop issues. 

My authserver.conf and worldserver.conf are untouched from the original .dist files (ran a diff against them just now to verify that). 

@Halebawa I think I see your issue, when skimming across the images. more clearly. Your Trinity Realm in the DB needs to be set to 8085. It's at 3724. Port 3724 is your authserver.

You mentioned you added a second realm, was that also at 3724? That needs to be 8086 or another port configured.

Let me know. :)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get the connection patcher to work under window 7. The wiki says to drop the wow.exe on top of the connection patcher file or use command line (no help given there), but nothing happens.

I can patch using linux by connecting a USB drive with the game files on, and am able to login using that drive once patched, so i know the patcher works, but not on another PC with win7 and a local client.

Can anyone offer any help to patch the 7.2.5 client in windows please?

This normally happens when the file is being blocked because it has happen in the past so make sure the file is not being blocked in any other way also make sure you have enough space that is another error that seems to happen a lot when trying to patch the client.

• Upvote 1

The problem is .. nothing happens. Is there something in commands line i can run? By the way .. connection patcher doesn't have an extension so is not executable in windows. Is that correct? Please tell me the connection_patcher doesn't need to be compiled in windows !!

Right got it working. The problem was between the chair and the screen :/

This is a noob question, but I'm on the Server Setup section of the Installation Guide, and I have downloaded and compiled the 3.3.5 core. What I'm wondering is which version of wow do I use for 3.3.5? I have downloaded the starter edition which is 7.2.5. Is this the correct version? If not, how do I obtain the correct one?