TrinityCore

Stuck at connected / infinite loop / login issues / battle.net

CFGhost

I have spent lots of time googling how to fix this issue but nothing works.

running the server from the same pc i connect to it even, the only way i can connect is to change the realmlist.wtf to "192.168.0.X" ... my router ip is 192.168.1.1 and if i use an ip address that's in the "192.168.1.X" i can't connect to the server. All ports are forwarded through 

router and firewall... though to connect to my server that's on my own pc it's shouldn't matter. I can't find any way to make it work .. other then setting the ip in realmlist.wtf to "192.168.0". The auth and world configs are standard and i just change the ip in realmlist.wtf.

I tried this http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?130614-Trinity-Public-LAN-local-server-all-in-one too but no luck. If anyone can help with whats wrong i would greatly appreciate it.

What is the IP address and subnet mask of your Router and Server? You seem to be mixing 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x

192.168.x.x is a private address range. If you have set up port forwarding, i assume you want to connect from outside your network.

In which case, you need to use the public address that is shown if you go to whatsmyip.org from your server.

you should set the public address in realmlist.wtf and also in the realmlist table in the database.

i have tried both. my routers ip range is 192.168.1.X ... however if i set the realmlist to 192.168.1.8 which is my computers static ip on the network i ca't connect to the server on the pc i run it from . However if i change my adapters ip to 192.168.0.x i can conect to the server :S. I also have a static ip from my IPS which i added to a second table in the realmlist database. I couldn't get it working either. I also tried putting my ip in the dmz just in case the port forwarding didn't work.. which didn't make any difference either.

I have done a heap of googling and can't figure out whats wrong. If i want to run it from local i should be able to just use 192.168.1.8 and if i want to run it online with the port forwarding and my external static ip (whatismyip.org) should be fine o.O

11 hours ago, djorn01 said:

i have tried both. my routers ip range is 192.168.1.X ... however if i set the realmlist to 192.168.1.8 which is my computers static ip on the network i ca't connect to the server on the pc i run it from . However if i change my adapters ip to 192.168.0.x i can conect to the server :S. I also have a static ip from my IPS which i added to a second table in the realmlist database. I couldn't get it working either. I also tried putting my ip in the dmz just in case the port forwarding didn't work.. which didn't make any difference either.

I have done a heap of googling and can't figure out whats wrong. If i want to run it from local i should be able to just use 192.168.1.8 and if i want to run it online with the port forwarding and my external static ip (whatismyip.org) should be fine o.O

be sure you change the value and not the default value.

For me it seems here it lacks a little bit of knowledge about networks.  ;-)

Guess your target is to open your TC server to public internet and you are on a 3.3.5 branch, windows OS and using a common router setting and LAN.

3 steps that you need to do:

Step 1:   WoW client and TC server on the same PC

- Check in your router which IP range and mask your DHCP is using for local dynamic IPs and which range is free for local static IPs in your LAN. If your router uses the IP 192.168.1.1 I guess you are in this net: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 

- The DHCP server in your router will use some of the available IPs dynamically for your devices. For ex. maybe 192.168.1.50 up to 192.168.1.200 are dynamically. So you can use the range up to 49 and over 200 as a static IP for your server PC. Check and may change the setting for your needs.

- Set the IP and mask of your TC server to an IP in the range for local static IPs., f. ex 192.168.1.8/255.255.255.0. (Check that no other device has the same static IP in your LAN)

- Try to configure your server for this IP (192.168.1.8) in realmlist, auth database, config files as described in the wiki.

- Run Wow Client and server, test everything.  If it doesn't work, fix it. Don't go further to Step 2 :-)

Step 2:   WoW client and TC server on different PCs but in the same LAN

- Use the WoW Client on a 2nd PC in your LAN. This PC can get a dynamically IP from DHCP, f.ex. 192.168.1.51/255.255.255.0

- The IP in the realmlist is the same as in step1 (f.ex. 192.168.1.8)

- Run Wow Client and server, test everything.  If it doesn't work, fix it. Don't go further to Step 3 :-)     May you need to setup your Windows Firewall or switch it off.

Step 3:   Access TC server by public WAN IP

- Be sure you got a static public IP from your ISP.

- In your router you need port forwarding of port 3724 and 8085 to your TC server (192.168.1.8)

- Change in auth DB in table realmlist the address to your public IP.

- On your 2nd PC in the LAN, change in the wow realmlist the IP to your public IP.

- Done, it should work now ;-) If not ask in the forum with exactly information where your stuck.

(Sorry, if I have forgotten something basically)

Ok .. soo after trying crap loads of configurations i decided to try changing my routers range from its default ip range 192.168.1X  to 192.168.0.X under the assumption that trinity has a problem with a 192.168.1.X range and now it works o.O XD

So even with the correct settings if you have a router with 192.168.1.X it won't work (exact same settings except changing the ip range from 192.168.1.x => 192.168.0.x)... i don't know why but if anyone else has a similar problem change your routers range to 192.168.0.x

Edited by djorn01

• 4 months later...

Snipaste_2019-04-28_14-56-36.thumb.png.58fb8d47817f0c230bf117cb7aff5cc5.pngSnipaste_2019-04-28_14-57-09.thumb.png.9d9150559a1161aed8611baa5874cb4b.pngSnipaste_2019-04-28_14-56-49.thumb.png.d50d98efec881f8bac4bf9ec288d7a68.png

wow client realese 3.3.5(12340), status fo realm is ok,but when i select it,press OK ,then return to 'logining to realm'....press ok ,return.....press ok ,return....

i stoped firewall of server(ubuntu 18),and the problem sitll.

Edited by sealone

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

First thanks for the trinity core repack. The kids here have played lots of WoW  locally with it and appreciate the work you put into making this. Both our computers will work when playing locally. 

I have an issue with the infinite realm loop though and connecting to the host computer over a crossover cable LAN, both running windows 10. We have many other games which work in MP over the LAN so I've narrowed it down to probably being a problem with my settings on the host comp somewhere within the repack files. I've been trying various combos of IP settings in config/auth files etc. but have had zero luck in getting it to work. Computer 2 connects to computer 1 and all works well until choosing the realm. Choose realm, instant loop back to choose realm. It's green and even shows the correct amount of characters for whichever accounts we try and log in with.

Would anyone be willing to take a crack at this with me? Been trying for about a month now and the young ones just want to play together. If someone is willing to take a look just let me know what info you need me to post here. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Soooo Im having issues connecting to my server from my gaming computer to the server computer. Im using 3.3.5 branch.

My server computer is behind first router in the house (192.168.1.1) and my gaming computer is behind that router also but also behind (192.168.2.1) but that shouldnt matter just connecting I guess? But wanted to put it out there.

I have set up a DNS and that one works connecting to to the server from the servercomputer. I have opened all the ports, probably more then I need. 

I have tried to change the localAddress inside auth / realmlist / data to everything I can think of. To the dns, to all my LAN ips, to WAN ip none worked for me to connect to from the gaming computer.

I have added servercomputer ip to hosts file (192.168.1.130) and WAN ip and (127.0.0.1).

I have tried changing the bind ip inside authserver.conf but have understood that it should be (0.0.0.0).

I am running out of options to try. Please, I have been sitting here for 3 days now, reinstalling, troubleshooting, googling. DM me and we can write to eachother on discord? Fast answers Im thinking.

uWOWlTx.png

Edited by Eiinstein

Read for what a DNS (Domain Name Server) and host files are used. Than you understand why you don't need them as long your are connecting from IP to IP.

IP binding to 0.0.0.0 in conf files (both auth and world) means the servers are listening on all IPs and that's fine for you.

As I understand you have 2 LANs:

WAN
|
WAN-IP  to Router (192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0)
|
| ----  Gameserver (192.168.1.130/255.255.255.0)
|
LAN1-IP to Router (192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0)
|
| ----  PC (192.168.2.?/255.255.255.0)

In this configuration you don't need port forwarding but you have to open in the firewall of the gameserver 2 ports 8085 and 3724 (or better switch off the firewall for testing)

In your WoW realmlist set the server IP: 192.168.1.130

In your Auth database in table realmlist you have to enter in the field address your server ip: 192.168.1.130

That's all, I think.

Ofcourse I need to open ports for friends to connect? The server is still behind a router (192.168.1.1)?

So 0.0.0.0 in the auth and worldserver, CHECK

Well, the 192.168.1.130 is for me. When Im trying to connect to my ip (from gaming computer), I mean the internet ip or whatever you call it, it doesnt work. I have asked a friend to do that also but no luck there either.

I guess it will take some time for you to answer again so in the meanwhile Ill try to remove the no-ip thingy and just try my "internet-ip"

You didn't told that you want to going public in your post.

In that case you have to open in router1 both ports and forward these ports to your gameserver (192.168.1.130).

You should have a static WAN-IP.

In your WoW realmlist set the server: Your WAN-IP or your domainname

In your Auth database in table realmlist you have to enter in the field address your server ip: Your WAN-IP or your domainname

But in general if you have problems with networking you should make at the first time your configuration as simple as possible, f.ex.

a) Is everything working well just using local PC on 127.0.0.1? (server, client, database)
b) Is everything working in 1 LAN?
c) Working well with WAN and LAN?
d) Working well with WAN, LAN1 and LAN2?

• 3 weeks later...

Ive downloaded a trinity core repack and got everything set up, Ive portforwarded both port 3724 and 8085 with the external ip as the one i got from whatsmyip.org. and internal ip from the ipv4 address i found from ipconfig. Ive also put the ip from whatsmyip.org in the realmlist in the database. I changed the realmlist.wtf in the data/enUS folder to that ip too.

When i run the mysql.bat, then the authserver then the worldserver, I start my 3.3.5 wow client up and I notice that there is no server name, and when i try to log in to the account i created it says connecting for a good minute before giving me the unable to connect message. I'm not sure what im doing wrong

authserver.conf worldserver.conf

Edited by TheCrimsonEnd

• 3 months later...

I installed the master branch, but I can't connect.
Current setup:
The server "192.168.0.161" is on the same lan of the client, changed ip on auth db and bnetserver.conf to point that ip.
I'm using the arctium launcher 8.2.x and when I try to connect on the bnetserver console  I see  the connection from the client ip "192.168.0.182 :someport  accepted connection", then on the client I get "disconnected  51901017" and  the Blizzard_console log says:
    "[IBN_Login] Attempting logonhost=\"192.168.0.161\" port=\"1119\"", -- [1]
            0, -- [2]
        }, -- [367]
        {
            "[GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.", -- [1]
            0, -- [2]
        }, -- [368]
        {
            "[IBN_Login] Front disconnectedconnectionId=\"1\" result=\"( code=\"ERROR_NETWORK_MODULE_SSL_PEER_IS_NOT_REGISTERED_IN_CERTBUNDLE (1017)\" localizedMessage=\"\" debugMessage=\"\")\"", -- [1]
            0, -- [2]
        }, -- [369]
        {
            "[GlueLogin] Fatal error while logging inresult=\"( code=\"ERROR_NETWORK_MODULE_SSL_PEER_IS_NOT_REGISTERED_IN_CERTBUNDLE (1017)\" localizedMessage=\"\" debugMessage=\"\")\"", -- [1]
            0, -- [2]
        }, -- [370]
What am I doing wrong?

Reinstalled again ( 3rd time ), new client, new extraction, new everything. Same Problem.
Exported a .pfx form .cert.pem .key.pem in bin directory and installed the certificate on the windows client.
Now I can connect correctly.
I'm not sure that the certificate fixed it... I'll try to check later.

Server called client method ChallengeListener.OnExternalChallenge(bgs.protocol.challenge.v1.ChallengeExternalRequest{ payload_type: "web_auth_url" payload: "https://127.0.0.1:8081/bnetserver/login/" })
Server called client method ChallengeListener.OnExternalChallenge(bgs.protocol.challenge.v1.ChallengeExternalRequest{ payload_type: "web_auth_url" payload: "https://127.0.0.1:8081/bnetserver/login/" })
Client called server method AuthenticationService.Logon() returned bgs.protocol.NoData{  } status 0.
Client called server method AuthenticationService.Logon() returned bgs.protocol.NoData{  } status 0.
Server called client method ConnectionService.ForceDisconnect(bgs.protocol.connection.v1.DisconnectNotification{ error_code: 0 })
Server called client method ConnectionService.ForceDisconnect(bgs.protocol.connection.v1.DisconnectNotification{ error_code: 0 })
Client called server method ConnectionService.RequestDisconnect(bgs.protocol.connection.v1.DisconnectRequest{ error_code: 0 }) status 0.
Client called server method ConnectionService.RequestDisconnect(bgs.protocol.connection.v1.DisconnectRequest{ error_code: 0 }) status 0.

bnetserver.exe - blz51914003

retail: 8.2.5.32580 (trinitycore same),

client stuck on 1119 port and can't passing on next...

• 2 months later...

For some reason I am stuck on the realm selection screen when trying to connect to my server (3.3.5) over local LAN. I have changed the realmlist IP in the DB to my servers IP and changed the realmlist.wtf file to my server IP on the machine I am trying to connect from. Ports (8085 and 3724) are open in firewall on server. Have also added port forwarding in my router. Any steps I should try?

Hey Skipper,

Thanks for the info, I have disabled the firewall and Windows defender on the server also double checked the IP and it is correct. Still unable to connect from my client machine unfortunately. Not sure if this would cause issue, but it is a virtual machine running on ESXI 6.7. I have also disabled all the firewall settings on the ESXI box and still unable to get past the realm selection loop. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, good people.  Obligatory thanks:  Thank you for all the work and support that you do for all of us.  I know it goes without much appreciation, but I enjoy playing WoW with my son, so thank you again.

I'm coming back to TC after a 1-2 year hiatus.  New server, new build.  I am having issues connecting to my server via Dynamic DNS - I get the infamous BLZ51901016 error.

Specifics...  Latest master TC build, latest client, Server is Win10
Server LAN IP: 192.168.1.20
DDNS: mounteverest.game-host.org

:) I am successful at connecting when running the client and server on the same IP (using SET portal "192.168.1.20" or "127.0.0.1" in config.wtf).
:) I am successful at connecting when running LAN client and server on the same subnet (using SET portal "192.168.1.20" in config.wtf).

:( I am UNSUCCESSFUL in connecting when setting ANY client (local and/or remote) in config.wtf to this:  SET portal "mounteverest.game-host.org" (or my current external IP, "72.190.141.209").

I have opened the ports on my home router, disabled the router IPv4 and IPv6 firewall (just in case), and successfully tested the open ports 8081, 8085, 8086, and 1119 via https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ for BOTH my current external IP as well as my DDNS name.

I have updated the realmlist table with the values I think to be correct.
I have changed the LoginREST stuff in bnetserver.conf to the values I think to be correct.

I have attached some screen shots that may help.

Thanks again in advance for the support...

auth.realmlist.PNG

bnetserver.conf.PNG

bnetserver-running.PNG

Fantastic work!

Not sure what is going on - I tried just about everything I could think of.  Client does not indicate Trinity - ever.  Using 8.3.0.33528 - (with 8.2.0 it did indicate trinity, but never able to log in - endless loop).

Client matches core.  Compiling went great.  DB up to date and matches client / core.  Great instructions!  LAN - client and server on same machine - (Win10).  Firewall off.  
Not internet connected - don't ever plan to be.  Get message BLZ...1016 disconnected.

--------------------------------
MySQL - two mirror users / db (tried also with just one root user)

Realmlist auth table:
a.) Local Instance MySQL31, user: root, pass: *****, localhost:3306
'1', 'Trinity', '127.0.0.1', '127.0.0.1', '255.255.255.0', '3306', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '33528', '1', '1'

b.) Trinity, User: trinity, pass: trinity, 127.0.0.1:3306 

'1', 'Trinity', '127.0.0.1', '127.0.0.1', '255.255.255.0', '3306', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '33528', '1', '1'

also tried for both in the auth table: 
'1', 'Trinity', '127.0.0.1', '127.0.0.1', '255.255.255.0', '8085', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '33528', '1', '1'

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Client config.wtf:
SET portal "127.0.0.1"
SET realmList "127.0.0.1"

------------------------------------------------------
BNetServer:
LoginREST.Port = 8081
LoginREST.ExternalAddress=127.0.0.1
LoginREST.LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LoginREST.TicketDuration=3600

MySQL 
LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;auth"

(crashed when I tried 8081 or 8085)

It looks like it's working:
Using configuration file C:/Trinity/Build/bin/RelWithDebInfo/bnetserver.conf.
Using SSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.1d  10 Sep 2019 (library: OpenSSL 1.1.1d  10 Sep 2019)
Using Boost version: 1.66.0
Automatic database updates are disabled for all databases!
Opening DatabasePool 'auth'. Asynchronous connections: 1, synchronous connections: 1.
MySQL client library: 5.6.47
MySQL server ver: 5.6.47-log
Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
MySQL client library: 5.6.47
MySQL server ver: 5.6.47-log
Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1
DatabasePool 'auth' opened successfully. 2 total connections running.
Started auth database connection pool.
Loading IP Location Database...
Login service bound to http://0.0.0.0:8081
Added realm "Trinity" at 127.0.0.1:8085.

------------------------------------------------------------------
WorldServer: (I have tried all combinations of this with all of the root\admin and all the port numbers - doing this does crash it completely.)

This works:

LoginDatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;auth"
WorldDatabaseInfo     = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;world"
CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;characters"
HotfixDatabaseInfo    = "127.0.0.1;3306;trinity;trinity;hotfixes"

WorldServerPort = 8085

InstanceServerPort = 8086

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

World initialized in 2 minutes 21 seconds
TC>TrinityCore rev. unknown 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (Archived branch) (Win64, RelWithDebInfo, Static) (worldserver-daemon) ready...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?