Jump to content
TrinityCore

Stuck at connected / infinite loop / login issues / battle.net


CFGhost
 Share

Recommended Posts

For the benefit of the community, I think I may have figured out the issue. I am waiting on someone with the time to validate my theory. I may have found a few port number discrepancies in the AuthServer DB viewing it with HeidiSQL. I will confirm if it is the issue or not......just need a higher experienced mind to view it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im basically still trying to figure out why my 335 server will not allow any localhost connections. Im trying to pick someone's brain that if I copy the configuration from my Master server (which works just fine) to my 335 server - will it completely muck it up? (Both servers are on completely different boxes by the way.)

So.....theoretically, if  I change my RealmServerPort to 3724, should that allow  my 335 AuthServer to grant access, particularly if it's giving me that error (2316) on login attempt?

Edited by Dormammu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dormammu said:

Shouldn't 335 client autogenerate a realmlist in its proper location when one isn't in place? My 335 generates a config automatically but no realmlist. Is this normal or indicative of a larger issue?

The client, no. It reads from whatever 3724 is thrown at it. Are you using a modified 335a client?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CDawg Thanks. I'll give the 10.x address a shot as well. You're right when it *SHOULD* work using localhost address, but it continues to baffle me. Last night, with the help of a friend here on TC, he remoted into my server and took a look. He couldn't find anything out of the ordinary either. He has a Master server but not 3.3.5. If theres such a subtle change that we are missing, we have yet to find it. :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dormammu said:

I will give the realmlist.wtf one more shot by creating one manually. If that doesn't work, then I will modify that cvars within config. Just to confirm, that file needs to be embedded in enUS/Data?

 

Ok.

So let's start from scratch. config.wtf reads from what's in realmlist.wtf (unless it doesn't exist). If realmlist.wtf exists with your server info, then config.wtf needs to be updated.

If I want to switch servers (domains), I blow away the config.wtf, then I update realmlist.wtf to point to my friend's server for debugging purposes, etc... The client builds a new client.wtf from what realmlist.wtf has in it.

That make sense? ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CDawg said:

Ok.

So let's start from scratch. config.wtf reads from what's in realmlist.wtf (unless it doesn't exist). If realmlist.wtf exists with your server info, then config.wtf needs to be updated.

If I want to switch servers (domains), I blow away the config.wtf, then I update realmlist.wtf to point to my friend's server for debugging purposes, etc... The client builds a new client.wtf from what realmlist.wtf has in it.

That make sense? ;)

Clear as crystal. :) (Mostly) If I create a new realmlist.wtf then it should be stuck *WHERE*? Yet, if I decide to do away with the realmlist.wtf entirely, what needs to be entered into config.wtf in order for my server to be detected by the authserver?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How 335a client was structured - realmlist.wtf should be in your /enUS (or w/e locale you are using) directory. The problem with doing away with realmlist.wtf, would be to always manually changing the values in config.wtf.

But I understand that some folks may not want to always change their video card settings, etc... so it's safe to blow away realmlist.wtf, but remember realmlist.wtf is ignored if the config.wtf already has domain values in it.

EDIT:

When friends want to connect to my server for testing purposes. The safe method that I have them do is modify their realmlist.wtf, then blow away their config. The client rebuilds the config and ignores the ../enUS/realmlist.wtf unless they hate my server

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attn: Community..... With the help of @CDawg, I was able to fire up my server and connect to it. To resolve said issues, I went to AuthServer.config and changed my port to 3724. The **EDIT** default I had in front of me was something completely different. Furthermore, I renamed my WTF folder to WTF_OLD and had the client build me a new one. I entered the IP Information as well as vital config info and attempted log in with success! Someone give @CDawg mad props! :Salute

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...