TrinityCore

Things Are Getting Stable

Anonimo

Recently TC is providing a stable core, can keep up around 1k people for more than 2 days without any crash.

What I would like to ask, just out of mere curiosity, if it's possible to update the core (thus excluding SAI and mysql in general) without restarting it.

I'm not that experienced as programmer to work on a project like that (if it's possible), but I think that as soon as TC becomes uncrashable (utopia?) you should go into that direction, again assuming that it's possible.

Thoughts?

?

if you update the core, and there is c++ changes, you have to restart it. there is no way of updating a running core.

edit: unless we modularize all the core and get compiled only certain parts... but dunno if that is possible to do. I think instead of having 2 services (realmserver and worldserver) we have thousands of them (realmserver, masterserver, ahserver, chatserver, kalimdorserver, whateverserver, etc...). Think this way you could compile and restart only those that get changed.

?

if you update the core, and there is c++ changes, you have to restart it. there is no way of updating a running core.

edit: unless we modularize all the core and get compiled only certain parts... but dunno if that is possible to do. I think instead of having 2 services (realmserver and worldserver) we have thousands of them (realmserver, masterserver, ahserver, chatserver, kalimdorserver, whateverserver, etc...). Think this way you could compile and restart only those that get changed.

this is actually blizzlike, but harder to implement, i think that Encore actually was going for modules but im not sure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...