TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

hi:

when I run mapextractor.exe. I only have dbc file but no maps file. 

how can I do?

thanks!

By looking at the image you provided I see it failed to extract the DBC/DB2's as well not just the maps. My guess is that either your client is corrupted or it's not fully downloaded (just because you can play on the client doesn't always mean it is 100% complete). When in-game, hover your mouse over the Menu icon, there will indicate if your client is 100% or still downloading.

I'm not sure if your client language has anything to do with the error. Might worth to try a enUS or enGB client version which are the most common.

• 3 weeks later...

Using DataDir data/
WORLD: MMap data directory is: data/mmaps
VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1
VMap data directory is: data/vmaps

Map file 'data/maps/0004331.map': does not exist!
Correct .map files not found in path 'data/maps' or *.vmtree/.vmtile files in 'data/vmaps'. Please place .map/.vmtree/*.vmtile files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the worldserver.conf file.

I assure you the map exist, I looked... Did this following the Linux Example, when that failed with the same as above, I extracted them on Windows and uploaded.

Fresh Build with Db version 53.

• 2 weeks later...

Using DataDir data/

WORLD: MMap data directory is: data/mmaps

VMap support included. LineOfSight: 1, getHeight: 1, indoorCheck: 1

VMap data directory is: data/vmaps

Map file 'data/maps/0004331.map': does not exist!

Correct .map files not found in path 'data/maps' or *.vmtree/.vmtile files in 'data/vmaps'. Please place .map/.vmtree/*.vmtile files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the worldserver.conf file.

I assure you the map exist, I looked... Did this following the Linux Example, when that failed with the same as above, I extracted them on Windows and uploaded.

Fresh Build with Db version 53.

Please close this, I figured it out

Mind if I ask what the solution is? I am having the same exact issue but I cannot figure out what is wrong. Thank you!

Hi All,

I have an issue with the mapextractor utility (4.3.4 version), it seems to drop out as soon as it says :

Map & DBC Extractor
===================

Loading enGB locale MPQs
Loaded ./Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-15211.MPQ
Loaded ./Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-15354.MPQ
Loaded ./Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-15595.MPQ

Detected locale: enGB
Detected client build 15595 for locale enGB

Extracting dbc files...

I am using the 4.3.4 client and believe that I have the full client files (Its around 29GB in size), i have run the client on my windows machine once after copying the client to the desktop.

I have compiled the trinitycore from scratch using the 4.3.4 branch, and its on an ubuntu 13.10 (64bit ) server. Following the linux instructions, with all dependencies installed.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

**Edited
Ok Im using the Wowregeneration.exe file and it seems to be pulling down some more files, so I guess the client couldnt have been complete :-(.

Edited by csbarry

• 3 weeks later...

everything else compiles correctly for me except vmap4assembler. I get this:

Linking CXX executable vmap4assembler
/usr/bin/ld: vmap4assembler: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /lib64/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/tools/vmap4_assembler/vmap4assembler] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/tools/vmap4_assembler/CMakeFiles/vmap4assembler.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Not sure how to fix.

on centos 6.3 64bit.

cmake 2.8.12 (tried to downgrade this before with no luck, not sure if this is issue)

gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)

vmapcrash_zps460c55a8.png

map extraction TC 4.3.4  

i ran mapextractor.exe fine  then made the bat file   with the following 

vmap4extractor.exe
md vmaps
vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps
pause

Ran file goto below and clashed  

Extracting Worldwmotransportstransport_zeppelintransport_zeppelin.wmo
Extracting WorldwmotransportsWMO_elevatorsAbyssal_Jellyfish_Elevator_transpo
rt.wmo
Extracting WorldwmotransportsWMO_elevatorsND_Ship_UD_BG_Transport.wmo

E:World of Warcraft - Cataclysm>md vmaps

E:World of Warcraft - Cataclysm>vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps
using Buildings as source directory and writing output to vmaps
Could not read dir_bin file!
exit with errors

E:World of Warcraft - Cataclysm>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

error_zpsaf884e2b.png

• 2 weeks later...

Greets again:

I'm running out the door as I'm late for a doctor's appointment.  I'll come back and add more to this report/question later if needed.

Getting the following as an error when I get the mmaps extractor a try:

drmike@vps5:~/clientsoftware)$ /home/drmike/server/bin/mmaps_generator
Discovering maps... found 105.
Discovering tiles... found 5744.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
  what():  Enable multithreading to use std::thread: Operation not permitted
Aborted (core dumped)
drmike@vps5:~/clientsoftware$

A quick google suggests an issue with multiprocessing.  I've got access to 2 cpus on this box.  If so, is there a flag I can pass along with the run command?

Thanks for the help.

Hi All .

I need some help because i have compile :

Server source code OK

DBC,Maps,Vmaps,Mmaps generator ok

I have start no error DBC extration , Maps & Vmaps .

My probleme is for the Mmaps after 8 hours no change mad is bloked to

Discovering maps... found 105.

Discovering tiles... found 5744.

Can anyone share the dbc maps,vmaps mmaps extractor systeme for windows and share to mega.co.nz ?

Thx for help

Just to follow up, mine never did anything either by the end of the day.

Is there a method of forcing it to make a log file so we can see what's going on? That way when a bug report is made, we can also submit it.

thanks

Edited by drmike

I haven't extracted mmaps in a while, but, when I did, it took 3 days, or so.

So it;s like a weekend visit to my mother in laws then? Sounds about right....

Is there anyway to get it to give some output as it does what it does? I mean I know it counts the maps that it finds but it just shows a total.

Would be nice to see it's actually doing something. Send the output to a screen or something....

Having asked that, I found a reference to where you can have one of the extractors pull out high res graphics. Do any of these extractors have options that we can use? If so, is there a table of these commands somewhere? I haven't been able to find anything and throwing --help and -? at them doesn't do a whole lot.

Edited by drmike

• 2 weeks later...