TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

Btw. there was perfectly full and working cata 4.3.4 torrent from old Mangos. Since there is no Mangos no more, I guess google is your friend.

The problem is with the enUS, I stumbled upon a ton of toerrent for 15595 (enUS), but the problem I found was that there were not enough seeders.

Idk what torrent are you reffering to, but the one I used, and now checked again, occupies my full bw, tho from time to time it drops... Should be done in a day or two max, beats reading endless manual guides if you ask me.

The only supposed full enUS torrent gets to 98% and stops with no seeders. I had it sitting in my torrent client for two weeks at 98% before abandoning it.

Meh... You are gonna make me redownload the client to confirm that. OK, Ill get to it for the sake of the community :P

Then, Me love you long time..

Although my theory is that my 19.2gb client is still full and complete, I still don't know where this rumor of 20-23gb is the full and complete, I don't seem to be having any issues with the one I have.

Then, Me love you long time..

Although my theory is that my 19.2gb client is still full and complete, I still don't know where this rumor of 20-23gb is the full and complete, I don't seem to be having any issues with the one I have.

Right now I've taken a 15595 client of 19.2 GB (3.3.5a manually patched up) and started backgrounddownloader.exe using a TFIL that says it has 21 GB to download. It says the total size will be 29 GB but the TFIL is also downloading 6 GB of pre MoP "migration" data into a temp folder which gets deleted.

So if all ends right, I should end up with a client around 22 GB... several hours downloading left though :( my connection sucks.

Edit:

Oddly enough even though I'm on 15595, the downloader says

"downloading wow-4.3.3.15354-to-4.3.4.15595-patch"

so it seems to have rolled me back a bit.

Yeah, I had the same wierd scenerio. It was rougly around 26GB or so. Then it somehow discards the old world data while running background downloader. I went through all the TFIL's some giving me the message that "I didn't have authority", then I moved on to the next TFIL/MFIL

Yeah, I had the same wierd scenerio. It was rougly around 26GB or so. Then it somehow discards the old world data while running background downloader. I went through all the TFIL's some giving me the message that "I didn't have authority", then I moved on to the next TFIL/MFIL

This TFIL that I'm using is slightly different than the one in my pack from the 15595 folder. It has the same patch name inside the torrent but it has a newer date stamp and also includes 5.0 migration data of about 6 GB. It also appears to be downloading more data than the older one, even if you exclude the 5.0 garbage.

Incidentally it isn't downloading the 5.0 data into the MPQs but instead putting them in a separate folder. This folder was a preload for people who bought MoP early. When the official MoP patch hit, it combined this preload into the MPQs which is why we with Cata can just delete them.

Still have about 4 hours to go though.

I wonder if the OP still reads this...

hahaha

Anyways, Few days ago, I though I would try it once again, by loading the cata DVD, then load the patches, then the client patcher, etc. etc.

Still came out to a 19.2gb client.

Here it is streaming the data while in game.

1wow_434_downloading.jpg

And here it once, it was finally finished.

2wow_434_finished.jpg

After all said and done, Still came out to a 19.2Gb exactly.

Not sure if that helps anyone.

@CDawg

Interesting, I tried what you said and mine stops streaming unless I move around. I wrote a quick bot that makes me run in circles to keep the server from AFK booting me but it didn't matter. I lose the little twirly icon and the bandwith drops to 0 if I don't move from zone to zone.

This is extremely frustrating to say the least.

@MrSmite

I lose the icon about every 20 minutes, i thought it wasnt streaming, but it was. I went AFK, Anyways I left for work, came home after 10 hours and it would have been 15% to 45% and that was at the loading screen. I logged back in, then went to bed. Woke up the next morning, and it was 70% or more. I don't think you need to move around either. I noticed that It streams even at the login screen.

i think it downloads data when you go to a area that isnt available yet or a char too

In my experience, it was streaming when I was AFK.

At least the good part is that it still streams from thier storage/bucket servers.

i think it downloads data when you go to a area that isnt available yet or a char too

Yes, from what I've read over on the official site it tends to stream data for new zones once you enter them.

The confusing thing IMO is that there are two types of MIFL, one that says

blizzard.vo.llnwd.net/o16/content/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/

and one that says

blizzard.vo.llnwd.net/o16/content/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.streaming

and I use the "direct" one so I would assume it simply downloads everything but it doesn't. Also, I can't get the backgrounddownloader to continue downloading when I exit the game because I don't use the launcher.

and I use the "direct" one so I would assume it simply downloads everything but it doesn't. Also, I can't get the backgrounddownloader to continue downloading when I exit the game because I don't use the launcher.

Same for me... The background downloader wont work if I exit all the way out. Only the ingame streaming seemed to work.

Yeah, the Launcher is evil... The launcher will always take you to the latest retail version, which is a No No

i found this

well I have tried it and it makes a client that is 15.01 Gb ! is that to small ?

It seems to work  however saying that I logged into a private server with it and could not log out again , is that a known issue or a server side bug ?

the client I created does say 100% complete and was not getting any streaming data at the time  

I must add the server was not my own as I am yet to create one as the TC wiki is still messed up , when I do I will give you a heads up on how this client does as regards to the map extractors .

I tried and tried CDawg way with the cata DVD but always at some point in the patching process the stupid launcher caught me out :angry:

small edit to add information

well I have tried it and it makes a client that is 15.01 Gb ! is that to small ?

It seems to work  however saying that I logged into a private server with it and could not log out again , is that a known issue or a server side bug ?

the client I created does say 100% complete and was not getting any streaming data at the time  

I must add the server was not my own as I am yet to create one as the TC wiki is still messed up , when I do I will give you a heads up on how this client does as regards to the map extractors .

I tried and tried CDawg way with the cata DVD but always at some point in the patching process the stupid launcher caught me out :angry:

small edit to add information

No, 15GB is too small.

oh well back to the drawing board ,

any clue on how the hell you stop the launcher ?

I have it blocked in host file but it still manages to defeat me at some point , very frustrating as I would love to get a cata server going

anyway thank you MrSmite for the heads up

Thugly, If the luancher loads, then just close it...

You also have to have all the MFIL's. You are also having problems with the client talking to the server. I keep re-posting my posts... read my friends.... read closley....

So i changed my realmlist.wtf to both to my private IP and it didnt do aything, now the launcher wont run (which is a good thing)

However,

cntc2 4.3.4 will solve your problem ;)

Load that in your wow root dir and run it, then tell me what happens you get back into your server