TrinityCore
Munga

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Please put the source on C:/Source (or something, but the folder needs to be in root hard disk) and make new folder called "Build" (for example) on same place, like this:

C:/Source

C:/Build

Now try to "Configure" in cmake program, it will run all things without error, now mark "DTOOLS" for generating these tools, click on configure again, and then click on generate.

** Repeat configure if you have any table of config param in RED

Now follow the instructions what you can see in trinity core wiki, you now should build map tools without any error ;)

P.D. U only need dbc, map and vmap folders.

*ATTENTION* Without vmap folder your server cant have 100% experience of playing wow, without vmaps npcs and "monsters" run under the floor and dead corpses will go down and you will lost the drops (in some cases)

(Sorry if my english is bad or u cant understand me... and i dont use google translator.. lol)

Edited by DjYXA

hello people. i've just compiled server on debian, but i have no client on server to extract vmaps...

vmaps from windows doesn't works..

Using DataDir /home/pro/trinity/server/

WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:1, getHeight:1, indoorCheck:1 PetLOS:1

WORLD: VMap data directory is: /home/pro/trinity/server/vmaps

VMap file '/home/pro/trinity/server/vmaps/000.vmtree' is missing or points to wrong version of vmap file. R

edo vmaps with latest version of vmap_assembler.exe.

Correct *.map files not found in path '/home/pro/trinity/server/maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in '/home/

pro/trinity/server/vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmtree/*.vmtile files in appropriate directories or correct

the DataDir value in the worldserver.conf file.

got this error..

can someone share vmaps files for linux please?

3.3.5a client version

thanks

Edited by maxo-tt

why does my build bin only have vmaps3 and not vmaps4 I updated it to the latest version of the client let me rephrase this if i go throught the cmake stuff again will this reset my database?I dont wanna lose my stuff lol

--- Canned message start ---

I would love to be able to just say: "Look in upper right hand corner of the forum, there is a button labeled SEARCH, please use it", but I don't think that will be enough therefore I present to you:

searchbuttonfordummieslsq1.jpg

Please read it cover to cover, and don't bother posting again until you do!

--- Canned message end ---

can someone share that v4 tools for windows(compiled)? i have no visual studio installed.

and no wow client on linux server to extract it :(

thanks for replay anyway

Edited by maxo-tt

I would love to be able to just say: "Look in upper right hand corner of the forum, there is a button labeled SEARCH, please use it", but I don't think that will be enough therefore I present to you:

because our genius moderator did a mistake and closed my topic, doesnt answers my message, think i can reopen it.

i need help here and not teach how to use search! i've already searched whole forum.

original post:

hello people. i've just compiled server on debian, but i have no client on server to extract vmaps...

WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:1, getHeight:1, indoorCheck:1 PetLOS:1

VMap file '/home/pro/trinity/server/vmaps/000.vmtree' is missing or points to wrong version of vmap file. R

Correct *.map files not found in path '/home/pro/trinity/server/maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in '/home/

pro/trinity/server/vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmtree/*.vmtile files in appropriate directories or correct

got this error..

3.3.5a client version

thanks

old thread link: http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/5620-vmaps-debian-335a/

because our genius moderator did a mistake and closed my topic, doesnt answers my message, think i can reopen it.

i need help here and not teach how to use search! i've already searched whole forum.

original post:

got this error..

3.3.5a client version

thanks

old thread link: http://www.trinityco...ps-debian-335a/

god damn.

where did you guys find this moderator? let me know the source...

post-13636-0-54154100-1329470725_thumb.j

to genius moderator: dont close my topic! i need help and i have a right to open a thread. while i cant find on forum!

i need vmap4extractor and assembler for windows...

someone share please

to genius moderator: dont close my topic! i need help and i have a right to open a thread. while i cant find on forum!

No, you have no rights. This is a volunteer community of private members. Nobody guaranteed you help and support or even that you could create an account. Drop the entitlement attitude.

i need vmap4extractor and assembler for windows...

So compile it. It's included in the GitHub repository where you should have found all the rest of the core source. If you didn't compile it yourself you won't get any help here anyway.

someone share please

No.

• Upvote 1

Is it ok, if I get message

Processing Map 724

[################################################################]

Extracting GameObject models...Extracting World\Wmo\Band\Final_Stage.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Done!

Extract V4.00 2012_02. Work complete. No errors.

during vmap4extractor? Will not miss anything?

Edited by chucky.black

got this error..

3.3.5a client version

thanks

To share client data isnt legal. So if you want vmaps, maps and dbc's for testing, you need to get it by yourself.

Is it ok, if I get message

Processing Map 724

[################################################################]

Extracting GameObject models...Extracting World\Wmo\Band\Final_Stage.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Done!

Extract V4.00 2012_02. Work complete. No errors.

during vmap4extractor? Will not miss anything?

You can ignore that message.

Indeed you can ignre it.

There is a Final_Stage.m2 that gets extracted but there is no corresponding .wmo. I even manually searched the MPQ files for it but it doesn't exist. The extractor did not miss anything.

I have compiled the vmap4assembler and vmap4extractor tools from source (I used the master branch) and when I run the makevmaps_simple.bat file it doesn't generate any vmaps and I get the following errors:

Extracting World\Wmo\Azeroth\Buildings\Gilneas\Gilneas_House_B_Closed.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Cataclysm\Tolvir\Tolvir_Central_Building_01.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Cataclysm\Tolvir\Tolvir_Central_Building_01_D.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Cataclysm\Tolvir\Tolvir_Central_Building_01_C.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Kalimdor\Lostisles\Goblinshipfinal.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Extracting World\Wmo\Dungeon\Md_Mountaincave\Md_Mushroomcave06.wmo

No such file.

Couldn't open RootWmo!!!

Done!

E:\World of Warcraft>vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps

using Buildings as source directory and writing output to vmaps

Could not read dir_bin file!

exit with errors

Is it be possible that the extractors from the Cataclysm branch may have been transfered into the master branch by mistake? If so this would explain why they don't work...

The only version of WoW installed on my computer is Wotlk 3.3.5a and I compiled the core and tools using the source from the master branch (https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git)

Did you run WoW once after installing it?

Yes, I did. Also the old extractors compiled and worked flawlessly on the same setup. I began encountering the problems only with the v4 tools.

Edited by alexthecat

Just compiled it, extracted data from base blizzard data (had all the needed files uploaded to the server), and extracted. Works like it should.

[[email protected] ~/dev/wow/tc]$ cat /etc/debian_version
6.0.4[/code]