TrinityCore

Dbc, Maps, mmaps, Vmaps problems

Munga

Do you think that the problem is the client?

hmm.. never had a crash on the extractors before. Did you try an older commit maybe? I'm testing with this "a50eec9439cb+ 2013-05-30 21:23:11 +0200 (4.3.4 branch)"

and didn't seem to have any problems. You can compile just the tools.. and test the extractors again. If it still crashes, then it may be a corrupt client or incomplete client. Try using different extractors from a different version and test first.

someone else's extractors will likely not help you, you need to get a FULL client that has been fully streamed for 4.3.4.

Which is next to impossible today. I guess when Trinity finally switches over to 4.3.4 there will be a lot of users that won't be able to come along. I've tried numerous times to get a "full" 4.3.4 enUS client and so far all I can get is one that's 17GB which I'm told is incomplete.

Which is next to impossible today. I guess when Trinity finally switches over to 4.3.4 there will be a lot of users that won't be able to come along. I've tried numerous times to get a "full" 4.3.4 enUS client and so far all I can get is one that's 17GB which I'm told is incomplete.

After installing and updating all the patches (which was about 3 days because of Blizzard background downloader).

Then, It streamed to my client while logged in to my own server (At first I thought it was odd), it showed the little green/red circle on the top of my screen showing that I still had content to download. So I figured what the Hell, and let my toon sit AFK while it finished streaming content. (Took about 3 more days of bullshit)

My guess is that Blizzard wanted players to be able to log in and play without the frustration of waiting forever to play the game, even while low priority content was missing.

It should work with the latest mfil

the data is still on the Akamai and Limelight storage/bucket servers

version=2
server=limelight
    location=http://blizzard.vo.llnwd.net/o16/content/wow-pod-retail/NA/15050.direct/
manifest_partial=wow-15595-1C2E37918CF0DA8026178526559CA53F.mfil

Anyways, my client is just under 20Gbs, and according to Blizzard that is the full and complete client.

I found out that users that have 23+Gbs actually had more issues with the old-world content not merging properly into the new world base files.

Try loading up a compiled 434 server and let your toon stream the rest of the content. For the life of me, I could not get the data to stream 'outside' of the game. Myabe it was a US thing, who knows.

Edit: Oh, and BTW, your doc on the 434 client patches still rocks ;)

that is an interesting point @ CDawg

is it possible that the information that CDawg has posted is made as a sticky or  moved to the "how to patch 3.3.5a to 4.3.4" thread

as this may help a lot of users get / install a working client

thanks CDawg

that is an interesting point @ CDawg

is it possible that the information that CDawg has posted is made as a sticky or  moved to the "how to patch 3.3.5a to 4.3.4" thread

as this may help a lot of users get / install a working client

thanks CDawg

Credit for the outstanding client patching tutorial should go to MrSmite. I just did a little research to find out why the enUS streaming or patches are so shitty or breaks for some users.

@CDawg

I'm curious how your client connected to the server for streaming, don't you block blizzard's servers in your hosts file or wtf? Also, did it stream you up to Pandaria or only Cataclysm?

I might unblock my client and see what happens. If it works as you say I'll update my guide and credit you for the discovery.

@CDawg

I'm curious how your client connected to the server for streaming, don't you block blizzard's servers in your hosts file or wtf? Also, did it stream you up to Pandaria or only Cataclysm?

I might unblock my client and see what happens. If it works as you say I'll update my guide and credit you for the discovery.

I made a backup copy of the client, because I didn't know what was going to happen.

My .wtf was set to my own server, and no I didn't block blizzards servers, it still streamed from their storage.

It reads the mfil. In fact the mfil was a must or my binary wouldn't launch. It would just still the same error that it could not stream data, and that was after applying all the downloaded patches and a week of frustration. So, I figured what the Hell, and let it stream while my character was AFK.

Other than the circle on top the players screen still showing that there is still data that needs to be downloaded, Also next to the Help menu on the bottom middle where the red question mark is.., there should be a yellow arrow telling you what percentage and bandwidth the download is currently at. When I saw that after loading into my server for the first time, is where I was in complete shock and didn't care anymore. After 3 days of streaming 'in' the game. It was complete.

EDIT: One thing to mention that you put in your doc about the launcher.exe. That is absolutley correct, the mfil will only download/stream the last remaining content for that exact version. If I let the launcher run like most do by mistake it will take me all the way to MOP.

Don't run launcher....  ever!

I'm sure he must have meant while 4.3.4 was still current...

No Sir, This was last week. 2 weeks ago, I was messing with the headache of trying to get the damn patches to load properly. I used Mr.Smites tutorial and gave up even after it said it was complete after about the 4th time, each one resulting in different sizes but that last version of 15595.

Also, not sure if this helps, but from the 335a copy i have, I loaded Cata from my DVD, then loaded all patches, then used "the client patcher". (Google cntc2 4.3.4), then loaded up in my own server all alone, and let it stream the rest of the content, and BAM, 3 days later a full and complete Cataclysm client ;)

+

I'm going to try your method after I get the maps extracted from my 17.8 GB client. I wonder though since I'm running the x86 version of the client, when I finally get around to building a modern PC if this will be a detriment.

I downloaded the installer WoWLive-64-Win-15595.zip from Blizzard's thread (2012) in which they say it isn't fully supported but who knows... I have no way of running it since I don't have any x64 architecture machines available. I wonder if it truly is a 15595 downloader of if it will auto-update itself to MoP.

Note:

* Fixed a bug where users clicking on the download link in Blizzard's thread received a 404 error message

Yeah the 64kit will take you to MOP. Well... It takes you to version 15890 mfil streaming redirect, than takes over, so it may blow away your current version of 15595 that you have. IMO, your best bet would be to just launch a server and stream it using the 15595 mfil.

Example: decompressed wow-64.exe and has this mfil contents.

version=2
server=akamai
    location=http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/NA/15890.direct/
server=limelight
    location=http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/NA/15890.direct/
manifest_partial=wow-16309-1F7086575F8B693DE65EB37D9BC4AC7D.mfil

I didn't want to continue to let it run on my win7 machine.

I have no idea what version MOP is at, but this looks to be the version before MOP, or the MOP version without the client load, just to get you into the server before purchasing and loading the expansion.

That's my guess...

Make a backup copy of 15595 before loading this thing..

I suppose I could always run the x86 client using the Windows On Windows architecture when I eventually update to x64.

I've been procrastinating because 90% of my software is x86 and I really don't feel like trying to track down or even buy x64 versions. Also I think Windows is still too expensive but I don't want to switch to Unix.

It's too bad the core won't let you load without maps and vmaps. I keep getting errors that my maps are from an incompatible client version...

I agree, at first I had to deal with my client so I could just get my 434 server up and start testing, but got the same errors with the extractors, which led me back to square one to figure out why my client was busted. I was stuck between a stone wall and a hard rock until I got the damn client to somewhat complete and it was still missing shit, but the extractors didn't break. Once I finally was able to get into my own server, it finally streamed the rest of almost 2-3gbs. So i do know that the extractors wont be 100% and there is hope of getting a busted server.

Also, something that might be interesting... I know it's a pain in the ass, but have tried going with the route of loading each mfil from wow_cata_tfil_collection-enUS.zip? I know it takes longer, but rumor is it's easier to throw a mfil in the root directory and walk away while it does it's streaming thing., then move onto the next. You can do that on top of your current version of 15595, it should detect shit missing. Just make a directory, throw your current mfil in there.

I just wonder how how much trouble a person would get into if they offered a download of the full 15595 client. Like you said, Blizz offers the client for free anyways, just a different version...

Still extracting the MMaps, it takes a crap load of time.

As for your TFIL suggestion, I couldn't get it to work. I started WoW.exe and it checked something on blizzard's server and then it started the launcher which then wanted to download MoP stuff.

I think it has something to do with the MFIL file because the Launcher downloads one that says:

version=2
server=akamai
server=limelight

Notice the "15890" which I believe is MoP. If you combine the URL as such:

http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/NA/15890.direct/wow-16309-1F7086575F8B693DE65EB37D9BC4AC7D.mfil

you get an MFIL that has information for 15890 MPQ files so it automatically updates you to MoP.

Edit:

By the way, here's the enUS and EU Cata MFIL files if anyone's interested. It still doesn't work though because WoW.exe starts Launcher.exe which replaces the MFIL with a new one pointing to MoP data.

[15:00:05] <Amit86> 4.5h to create mmaps

[15:01:44] <Aokromes> Finished. MMAPS were built in 8761307 ms!

[15:02:11] <Aokromes> 2,43h

[18:25:41] <Vincent_Michael> Finished. MMAPS were built in 3947336 ms!

XD

I've been running it for over 8 hours and have no idea how much is left.

Still extracting the MMaps, it takes a crap load of time.

As for your TFIL suggestion, I couldn't get it to work. I started WoW.exe and it checked something on blizzard's server and then it started the launcher which then wanted to download MoP stuff.

I think it has something to do with the MFIL file because the Launcher downloads one that says:

version=2
server=akamai
server=limelight

Notice the "15890" which I believe is MoP. If you combine the URL as such:

http://llnw.blizzard.com/wow-pod-retail/NA/15890.direct/wow-16309-1F7086575F8B693DE65EB37D9BC4AC7D.mfil

you get an MFIL that has information for 15890 MPQ files so it automatically updates you to MoP.

Edit:

By the way, here's the enUS and EU Cata MFIL files if anyone's interested. It still doesn't work though because WoW.exe starts Launcher.exe which replaces the MFIL with a new one pointing to MoP data.

Yeah I notied that 15890 in the Wow-64.exe in my previous post, which I didnt want to use for obvious reason - lol.

Don't run that launcher.

Background downloader will read the mfil, whatever you give it, which makes me think that it would be easy to make a "patcher" from 335a to 443 15595. If blizzard is generous enough to keep the streaming servers with the enUS and EU mfil storage servers.

I say, "get it now, while it's hot!"

I've been running it for over 8 hours and have no idea how much is left.

On my quad core, it took about 6 1/2 hours to mmaps on 335a, i havn't ran mmaps on 443 yet.

Well, I finally got the server running (albeit with a crap ton of DB errors) but my client doesn't stream anything. What are your WTF settings (realmlist, config, launcher, etc.)?

If I run background downloader manually it tries to download 6 GB of data for wow 5.1.0 because it reads the TFIL file and it seems I somehow got a MoP tfil.

The WTF is your own server. But I left the "patchlist" as the default Blizz server, not sure if that does anything.

I left the (15595) mfil in the wow root directory, if you don't see a red circle than you may have no content to download and you are all set.

The background downloader is only for the .mfil file. So like I said, we still have somewhat control of the content you want to download, just DONT ever run the launcher. The launcher verifies online to thier servers then takes control.

If by chance the launcher ever loads, just close it immediatley!

I also had a crap load DB errors/warnings also when starting up 434, but that's the world of alpha

I only have a 17.8 GB client and according to "experts" it should be 20 to 21 GB. Also, if you delete the TFIL file and try to run background downloader it yells at you saying "no valid torrent".

If I do what you suggest - change the realmlist to my server but leave patchlist alone, WoW.exe starts Launcher.exe. If I change the patchlist to my server then I can log in but no data gets downloaded. If I allow Launcher .exe to run it replaces my MFIL and TFIL with MoP files.

Try placing the 15595 MFIL in the root..

Thats odd that patchlist in the wtf trys to open Launcher. My client is 19.2gbs and it has no more content to download.

EDIT: If you use the last 15595 TFIL and MFIL from wow_cata_tfil_collection-enUS.zip and drop them into wow root directory, you should still be able to run wow. What happens if you do that?

What do you have for the patchlist entry, (I have "enUS.patch.battle.net")? If I change the "realmlist" value to my private IP and leave the "patchlist" entry alone then it spawns Launcher.exe. The only way I can stop it is to change "realmlist" to my private IP too.

Also, what does your Launcher.wtf say? I've seen some examples that have entries like "patchApplicationCompleted" and "TorrentHash" but mine doesn't have anything like that.

Incidentally I've got a 17.8 GB client and I can log into the Trinity server but I can't log out. When I click "Exit Game" nothing happens. I also don't see any indication that any data is downloading.

So i changed my realmlist.wtf to both to my private IP and it didnt do aything, now the launcher wont run (which is a good thing)

However,

...not sure if this helps, but from the 335a copy i have, I loaded Cata from my DVD, then loaded all patches, then used "the client patcher". (Google cntc2 4.3.4), then loaded up in my own

cntc2 4.3.4 will solve your problem ;)

Load that in your wow root dir and run it, then tell me what happens you get back into your server