TrinityCore

[Suggestion] Separate 4.x forums

MrSmite

Since 4.x seems to becoming more active with testers and even development, perhaps it would be wise to create a separate 4.x forum with its own "Help & Support", "Code Development" and "Custom Code" subforums.

This will not only help to keep things less confusing to 3.x users when trying to find help or browse / merge code but it would also allow for easy archiving of the 3.x material for reference when 4.x finally goes live.

If you look we have cut the amount of subforums to reduce confusion of posting on incorrect places.

Right, I can understand that for subforums. The problem is you really need a duplicate set of forums to separate out the 4.x stuff. As more and more 4.x stuff gets posted, it will muck up the 3.3.5a stuff.

For example, if I search for "extract maps", I'll get results for both 3.3.5a and 4.x. If you had a "Help - 3.x" and "Help 4.x" forum then I can search the specific one and be sure to get the most appropriate results. Likewise, if I post a help request in the "Help - 3.x" forums then I hopefully wouldn't get an answer from someone running a 4.x server.

So you could use something like this:

Help and Support

|---3.x

|--solved issues

|---4.x

|--solved issues